It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has makeup gone too far?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yeah father of a couple of teenage girls here...next to this K-pop, K-drama and K-movie stuff (K stand for Korea...BTS...ahhhh...somg) you should see the booming market of makeup from that corner of the world.

It's insane...

Peace

HOLY CRAP! I've never heard of K-Pop until I JUST read your post. At the exact moment I read it, I saw an email pop up on my other screen from something called "Wish" and it was an ad for K-Pop!

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Nothing wrong with a little make up, but I don't find that the caked-on, fake eyelash thing to be attractive.

I think eyes and eyebrows really make a face, I can see why people want to accentuate that.
What is totally crazy is the fake eyelashes. Some are an inch long. You can see the glue and glop and they
almost look spider like. I don't know a guy on earth that prefers that on a lady.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

HOLY CRAP! I've never heard of K-Pop

Wut!???? You've never heard of K-Pop????

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Edumakated

Nothing wrong with a little make up, but I don't find that the caked-on, fake eyelash thing to be attractive.

I think eyes and eyebrows really make a face, I can see why people want to accentuate that.
What is totally crazy is the fake eyelashes. Some are an inch long. You can see the glue and glop and they
almost look spider like. I don't know a guy on earth that prefers that on a lady.

Yeah, I don't get it.

I'm a simple guy. And most of the other guys I know seem to have similar taste. Love me some women in yoga pants, t-shirt, flip flops with well kept feet, pony tail/simple hair, little to no makeup.

I was actually going to do a thread once, but never got around to it... asking who are the men that like these plastic doll looking women as I don't know any guys that find that sh*t attractive in the real world.

I see this women with these plastic faces, inflated fish lips looking like they got stung by a bee, inch long eye lashes, etc. I don't know anyone who finds that attractive.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It's simply the "selfish gene" at work. You can't change it, so don't bother trying. Women need to attract dominant males for protection so they can raise their babies to adulthood. Men "like" larger breasted women with ample curves because these women are "healthy" in terms of their ability to birth and raise children. "Scrawny" women don't have enough milk and are more likely to die in childbirth. That is the best strategy for women to propagate their genes. They can only have a kid about once every three years (Lactation inhibits ovulation) so they don't have that many chances. On average only one kid is going to survive to adulthood. A normal lifespan is less than 30 and women are completely done of they manage to last until menopause.

Men, on the other hand, have a different strategy to propagate their genes, and that is to impregnate as many females as possible. That is a fact, and it explains male behavior. It's not about individuals. It's about the survival and propagation of DNA. Dominant men are likely to get more females and females like dominant men because they are more protective (That's why women choose jerks instead of the "sensitive" male.) Women promote monogamy and fidelity because it's in their best interests to do so, not because they have some sort of moral imperative. Men go along with it because knowing the offspring of a woman is really yours is important for inheritance. You don't want to be raising some other guy's kid.

If you find yourself judging these survival strategies as "wrong" or improper, you're not getting it.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

From a classic viewpoint this makes sense but nowadays it's more about profiling yourself.

It's not about finding the more dominant male, it's about trying to achieve that same look as the photofilter on your snapchat has in order to get the most likes...

Peace

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

a reply to: JAGStorm

Yeah father of a couple of teenage girls here...next to this K-pop, K-drama and K-movie stuff (K stand for Korea...BTS...ahhhh...somg) you should see the booming market of makeup from that corner of the world.

It's insane...

Peace

HOLY CRAP! I've never heard of K-Pop until I JUST read your post.

You lucky bastard...

Peace

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I can appreciate the natural beauty of women but I there have been more than a few occasions whena well made-up lady caused me to melt just by looking in her eyes. It was like looking at perfection!

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
They're creative, all right.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

From a classic viewpoint this makes sense but nowadays it's more about profiling yourself.

It's not about finding the more dominant male, it's about trying to achieve that same look as the photofilter on your snapchat has in order to get the most likes...

Peace

Totally agree. I think we have past the point of trying to impress or snag a mate. I don't think these girls are even trying to do that, I think they are trying to look like something in-human.

I remember a model once saying on a show, she didn't even look like herself after all the filters/makeup was on.
It is impossible.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
My wife wears mascara and lip gloss that is it. I married a girl who didnt need makeup to be pretty.

When I owned my tobacco dist co I hired a girl for sales. Beautiful blonde, voluptuous, curves right where you want em. Then we had a company get together in Nashville and we all had to travel. We decide to meet at a gas station and drive together. While I am in the c-store I hear my name being called. I look around see a couple people I dont know, and chalk it up to auditory hallucinations. I get tapped on the shoulder, and it is my sales girl with no makeup. It was a complete 180. Not even the same person. Really opened my eyes about how fake girls are, and how pretty my wife is.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

My niece came to visit me. She is an average looking girl. She had full makeup on. The next morning
when the makeup was off, I was shocked/startled. It looked like a different person. The only thing I could think of
was that some guy was going to be shocked when he saw her bare face.

Sure everyone should have the ability to
make themselves look better, but man, some people are looking like a totally different person.

I think it is hilarious that these guys said you should take your date swimming to really see what they look like!

I think makeup has a scarier agenda and it has to do with trans acceptance and money. When I grew up girls wore a lot of makeup but they used it to highlight their best features not mask their bad ones. Now I look at some women and wonder are they a man because they use makeup the same drag queens do. These trans men holy grail is to pass for a woman but the way they do their makeup is extremely telling with most and it requires a ton of makeup. Big makeup says ok let’s make that the new look for women let’s use YouTube and push the makeup tutorials using draw queen methods to hide flaws and pay modeling agencies and media to push this style because it requires more makeup and so we get more money.

This happened with the push by trans people acceptance and the pronoun stuff. Then it was a push in the media to tell people they couldn’t call them men, than news articles started to spit out that it was transphobic for straight men to not want to have sex with them. Than even more articles came out stating that they don’t have to tell the truth regarding their born-with gender to their potential partner.

I felt extremely sorry for the guys in the dating pool at that time because I remember it was hard enough before this and must be impossible now.

So people might look at this post and say its transphobic. However I think that a guy not knowing and being tricked into a situation with one of these dudes is an extremely dangerous situation!

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The men that say they like "natural" wouldn't know natural if it hit them in the face. They are most likely responding to caked on overly made up fakeness. All the men I have ever known stated they liked natural but were always attracted to well groomed and made up women. And, after you were married or a couple, tried to get their "woman" to wear less makeup. Why? So, she would not appear attractive to other men. Simple. That's fake.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Veryolduser

I think makeup has a scarier agenda and it has to do with trans acceptance and money.

That is a very real spin. This video jokes about it, but it's really not a joke.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Floridadreamin
The men that say they like "natural" wouldn't know natural if it hit them in the face. They are most likely responding to caked on overly made up fakeness. All the men I have ever known stated they liked natural but were always attracted to well groomed and made up women. And, after you were married or a couple, tried to get their "woman" to wear less makeup. Why? So, she would not appear attractive to other men. Simple. That's fake.

I think the understanding of the word "natural" is different to people.

For some it means not looking un-natural, with huge eyebrows and eyelashes, different colored contacts and tons of caked on makeup.

For some it means zero makeup. I don't think this is what most guys mean (if I'm not understanding correctly guys, let me know)

When a guy says he likes natural, it means looking normal and fresh, maybe a little bit of makeup, but you still look like yourself. It means natural looking hair without tons of hair product. It means that if he touches your face, it won't come off.
edit on 14-11-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
There are a surprising number of cultures who swear that makeup was one of the things the Teachers -- alien, Atlantean, fallen angelic, whatever -- brought to mankind that helped civilize us. Right up there with how to grow food out of the dirt. So it's pretty important. Ask any lady.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Maybe. My experience is guys have no idea about makeup except caked on. But it is disingenuous to say they like "natural" jump out of bed freshness. They have no idea what a woman has to go through to look natural. Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

It's the SAME THING. Why do you want likes? You are trolling for mates. Nothing has changed.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Two things that I never learned to be skillful at, and it shows.

Never learned to put on make-up, and never learned how to be artful with my hair.

Now it really doesn't matter. Definitely not going to camouflage with make-up, and too lazy, to bother with my hair.

I went from ponytails, to letting it just hang down, to wearing it up on my head, to cutting it all off, Yeap, wore the buzz cut for a while. Now I just keep it short to shoulder length, wash and wear style.

Now that I am retired and have the time, I finally get to the point were I just don't care. What you see is what you get. Saves both of us a lot of time and disappointment.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Veryolduser

I think makeup has a scarier agenda and it has to do with trans acceptance and money.

That is a very real spin. This video jokes about it, but it's really not a joke.

Yeah I agree! Imagine trying to find a girlfriend in a time when women take makeup tips from men who want to be women. So they teach these women a style that makes it easier for trans to blend in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join