It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has makeup gone too far?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
My niece came to visit me. She is an average looking girl. She had full makeup on. The next morning
when the makeup was off, I was shocked/startled. It looked like a different person. The only thing I could think of
was that some guy was going to be shocked when he saw her bare face.

Sure everyone should have the ability to
make themselves look better, but man, some people are looking like a totally different person.

I think it is hilarious that these guys said you should take your date swimming to really see what they look like!

edit on 14-11-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
My niece came to visit me. She is an average looking girl. She had full makeup on. The next morning
when the makeup was off, I was shocked/startled. It looked like a different person. The only thing I could think of
was that some guy was going to be shocked when he saw her bare face.

Sure everyone should have the ability to
make themselves look better, but man, some people are looking like a totally different person.

I think it is hilarious that these guys said you should take your date swimming to really see what they look like!

I've always liked women who were natural beauties. Women who can roll out of bed, maybe through on a little lipstick, pony tail and still look good. Nothing wrong with a little make up, but I don't find that the caked-on, fake eyelash thing to be attractive.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I've said this for a long time; makeup can make a completely BUTT-ugly person into a superstar, especially in the hands of a good makeup artist.

Have you ever seen some of these Holly-weird stars without makeup???? **GACK!!**

I like the "Take your date swimming" line, but I'd change it just a little bit for today's makeup queens..

. "Take your date to the pressure washer first...then run her through the MRI a couple times to see what parts are real"

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'm all for people looking their best, but I think this is getting into an area that is somewhat deceptive.

The guys on that video want to take the girl swimming to make sure they aren't being catfished, or that the girl is indeed a girl. That is pretty scary if you ask me.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I never liked makeup on a woman...it’s just weird. Give me a natural beauty in a t-shirt and jeans. My wife doesn’t wear makeup and all her parts are real. I appreciate her every day.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Isn't it great that someone who is disfigured can get an amazing makeover?
Its not life changing but I bet these people were very happy with the results however temporary.
So happy for them.

Thats the magic of makeup.

Tho others of us just love the glam.
I have no problem wearing glittery eyeshadow. Even to the grocery store which is most of my life lol.
and I love the saying, I dont need makeup, I chose makeup.
Today I have bronze smokey eyes and a dark burgundy matte lip.
Just cuz its fall.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I grew up in a time when you wore makeup to look "natural". Now there is a trend to look almost alien, anime/or circus like.
I don't know what it is, but everything looks exaggerated. Maybe that is just me getting old. There is nothing that
can compare to natural beauty.

On the flip side.
I visited an Amish town in Florida. Zero makeup, and just basic personal hygiene. Almost all of the women had mustaches and chin hair, and other than the hair/bonnets they were hardly distinguishable from the men.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Same with the new camera apps that remove wrinkles and smooth out the facial features, talk about catfishing. Those camera apps can do as much or more than makeup.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Stuff like this I consider to be "false advertising". I feel the same way regarding colognes and perfumes. I know it may be my inner hippy speaking, but humans are still animals in nature, and one of the things animals utilize is pheromones. It's how we can help determine compatibility. I feel it's very similar here.

I can't stand watching reaction videos, so I did a youtube search on the actual make-up tutorials to get an idea of how much they can change. Quite a few of those girls looked perfectly fine without the make-up, hell, even some of them looked better imo. Unfortunately for some I completely understand why they do it, they got some bad genetics, but all the same it's an extremely drastic change.

Personally I can't stand when women put on too much make-up. If it looks like I can take a razor blade and peel layer after layer off of their face, then that's a definite no-go. Not only is it false advertising, so to speak, but it also shows a lot about them on the inside. One of the things I heard a lot growing up is the power of confidence being a huge attraction. I hated hearing it because at the time I didn't have any, but as I've aged I've seen the proof in the pudding. I've seen some extremely dweeby guys trying to look like eminem with some very attractive women(still baffles me to this day lol). So when someone wears that much make-up, that doesn't show me that much confidence.

Now I know all of this sounds kind of assholish, but I feel certain that if the tables were turned you'd hear similar opinions. If guys were to put on a bunch of make-up to make them look more chiseled and masculine, only to see them without it and they look like frumpy mcfrumpenstein, I bet they'd be upset as well. That's part of the reason why even though I've got a lot of grey hairs on my head that I won't dye them. I'm going to look like a grumpier version of the "Most Interesting Man in the World", but I might as well go grey with grace. XD

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

That's INSANE! My wife doesn't bother with makeup very often and when she does, it looks like she's barely wearing any. I'm very thankful for that. She's beautiful (to me) with and without makeup.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I do feel for guys, not just make up but with all the social media apps that the young women use to glam up their selfies. Ugh! They are completely unrecognizable in person.

I took pics of my daughters in gotcha moments to their horror! I teased them that no one will see these unless they go missing and don't keep in contact with me. That think I am just blackmailing them for visits, but the reality is that if needed to be found, the police will need a 'real' photo of them.

Edit add: just envisioned the duck face pout so relevant today too! I don't think they can truly smile when they are so caked up, may be a possibility?
edit on 11 14 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I'm all for people looking their best,

But what if a person HAS no ''best''.

As far as the ''guy's on the video, Abbott and Costello commenting on it all reinforces their standards of beauty which in all likelihood are nothing more than age old male standards to which females must rise in order to get any attention at all. It's bass ackwards .

Just imagine how society would change overnight. OVERNIGHT if all females quit using make up completely. Males would freak out and hide their heads in the dirt like an ostrich...

edit on 30America/ChicagoThu, 14 Nov 2019 11:06:29 -0600Thu, 14 Nov 2019 11:06:29 -060019112019-11-14T11:06:29-06:001100000006 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Just remember, this whole theme is where the saying "Coyote Ugly" came from!

Sadly, it's not just isolated to women, guys do it too now! And yes, I completely agree...it is deception of the highest order.

I was married to a woman who worked on TV News industry (on-air) for a number of years. She was beautiful with no makeup, but with it she went past the 10+ mark! Also during that time I saw some of the wonders makeup could accomplish. There was this one guy who got really blasted the night before and got his ass kicked. He was a mess (black eye, swollen face, etc). They sat him down in the makeup chair and when they got done, you couldn't even tell!

When people start breaking out the pancake makeup, that's where the deception begins. It's amazing what some of that stuff will cover up or change.

One thing I've always found interesting is how makeup will change how a person acts. It's like the makeup changes their personality. (not to get into too many details, but that's one reason why "Cybil" and I are no longer an item.)
edit on 11/14/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Any nature study would show that the males usually are the ones who need to impress the females. Humanity is so bass-ackwards!

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

One would think huh?

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

I know it may be my inner hippy speaking, but humans are still animals in nature, and one of the things animals utilize is pheromones. It's how we can help determine compatibility. I feel it's very similar here.

Not to be gross, but I have never worn deodorant. Some people don't sweat the same (lookup hard earwax vs soft)
So I've never perspired enough to cause body odor (at least a bad one). You would not believe the amount of both men and women that have told me I smell good. Complete strangers, friends, family, even kids. It's kinda weird because I normally don't wear perfume and people will ask what i'm wearing... umm skin.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Yeah father of a couple of teenage girls here...next to this K-pop, K-drama and K-movie stuff (K stand for Korea...BTS...ahhhh...somg) you should see the booming market of makeup from that corner of the world.

It's insane...

Peace

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Any nature study would show that the males usually are the ones who need to impress the females. Humanity is so bass-ackwards!

There is an African tribe where the guys wear makeup and fancy clothes and the women pick them out based on beauty. It is absolutely awesome.
Interesting to read and watch if you have time:

www.bbc.com...

edit on 14-11-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I've said this for a long time; makeup can make a completely BUTT-ugly person into a superstar, especially in the hands of a good makeup artist.

Have you ever seen some of these Holly-weird stars without makeup???? **GACK!!**

I like the "Take your date swimming" line, but I'd change it just a little bit for today's makeup queens..

. "Take your date to the pressure washer first...then run her through the MRI a couple times to see what parts are real"

Check out before and afters of michelle obama...

In her normal state, she looks like my childhood friend's dad back when he was in his 60's.

link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Well...but...ummm...that has a lot to do with predators...but now that you mention it...maybe you're onto sumthin' there!

The male shows up, shows off all his pretty feathers, they party and 'get down'...he takes off after a while to go show all his cool feathers to some other 'strange'. Wash, rinse and repeat.

LOL!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join