It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insect Apocalypse poses threat to ALL life on Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777
Small minded people will think this is great, no more annoying bugs

What their tiny closed minds can't concept, soon enough after that, no more pesky animals, no more crops, no more people

I suspect that, as is usually the case, the extremists on both sides use exaggeration and even outright lies to promote their side.

Clearly we all want a healthy vibrant planet to live on. Problem is that when stupid politics and money grubbers get involved, it's all bastardized.

I'd say people on the extremes of both sides are closed minded. Not much common sense being used by the fringe on either side.

One side want's to destroy economies and see millions if not billions starve to save the ecosystem, while their leaders scheme how to pad their wallets from it. The other extreme has blinders on. Both extremes are part of the problem, not the solution. Let's be honest here.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I could really go for a shortage of mosquitoes, ants, and spiders. I don't have roaches but I hate them so those can die off, too. Bees don't bother me, unless they're drilling into the beams on my deck while I'm standing there grilling.

I did another OP on DNA editing.....

They are already trying this on insects. Martha's Vinyard they have DNA edited mice and are trying to eradicate ticks. Somehow, I don't think it's going to work like they think it is.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Jeff & Tod Hunter Foulk - Dreadful Extinction Of Bugs & Birds In Pacific NW
youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I randomly searched one of your 'extinct' bees, Potter Flower bee. I trust a local resident more than the Daily Mail and there are plenty in Sussex:

analternativenaturalhistoryofsussex.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Another one, this 'extinct' downland furrow bee photo'd about 5 years ago. Sure they are still around too:
www.flickr.com...@N07/albums/72157633240478585/

I agree that insect populations are declining in some areas, but in others they are growing. Furthermore, that 'article' did not take into account the increase in bee farms.

a reply to: chris_stibrany

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Maybe the reduction in insect populations, is one of the reasons for the loss of bird populations.

There are many types of birds I no longer see, and have not in many years, and I live in an area that could be called a natural paradise.

Hopefully, someday, humans will work with nature, and not against.

People in search of the so called perfect yard, kill all the clover, which is wonderful for honey bees.

Clover also takes nitrogen out of the air, and puts it into the soil, making the grass healthier.

I have not fertilized my yard in over 20 years, and when most yards are suffering in droughts, mine is lush.

We humans have a lot to learn, myself included.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

We need to keep going until the black widow is on that list.

Nasty little bitches!

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I cannot disagree with you regarding the extremist aspect. I don't buy into carbon taxes saving the world, as I have no idea, and I don't feel it has been shown where that money goes.

Yet, clearly there is a problem, it will take some effort from everyone to make it better.

A good friend is a beekeeper, and I can tell you, it has been a downward spiral..especially in the last few years.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Its a scary time to be alive, not for myself, but I worry for my nieces and nephews.

In one of the climate threads of late, a few were talking how awesome the extra co2 and warmth is..practically paradise!! and so good for the plants. Discounting the effects on the oceans and ecosystem..it only takes a degree or two from norms to really throw a wrench into things.

And as always, I try to look at the bigger picture of pollution in general, not just climate.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

The polar bear thread from the other day is another good example of just how deluded some people are.

Another member was saying how awesome it would be to get rid of mosquitoes, I take it none of these people undersand how the food chain works.

Stupid humans, we cut down forests, which results in loss of transpiration which results in no rain, which leads to increased temperatures and fires, like were currently experiencing here in oz.

It's a good thing we humans are very good at adapting, otherwise we would have been wiped out long ago.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
They didn't want spiders around either..lol. Mosquito's do suck though!!

Yes, everything has a place in the chain, and we are good at messing with that chain.

This year was not bad for fires, but the 2 years before were records, it was nice this summer not to be breathing in smoke 24/7

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

The amount of smoke I've been breathing in the last couple of weeks I may as well take smoking back up as a bad habit. If it doesn't rain here soon were in real trouble, apparently though with this ssw thing in Antarctica were not getting any rain anytime soon.

Yeah I agree though mosquitoes really suck and so do ticks, nasty little suckers.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Ironical because last month in Oct i swear i saw a number of ladybugs my area where i live at least.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Damn, I feel for ya man, I know what its like. Hope there is a change in the forecast.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

You and me both mate.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Yes, humans have been dealing with climate change all along, even millions of years before we had anything to do with the environment, other than hunting and gathering to survive.

One of the extreme views that bothers me is that we can't adapt, when clearly we can and have adapted all along. We are not all going to die as climate change is a slow process we can most certainly adapt to.

People don't trust the gloom and doom from academia for good reason. This is the second round in my life. If what I learned in college were actually true and accurate, all trees north of the Canadian border would now be dead, a huge part of the Earths population would have starved and where I live now would be unlivable already. It was all wrong and now we see even some of the same people push a second agenda and it's only common sense to be skeptical about it, considering the past history.

Money is and issue, both the nutty scheme to become instant billionaires by carbon credit scammers and the battle for research money from academia and academics are no more honest than people in the business world. Follow the money is a solid bit of advice on this topic IMO.

If we had good leaders, not led by the nose by their parties and a desire to be reelected, they would be looking forward and dealing with future issues right now. We might actually know what is true and what is not, but what we have is a continuation of the mess created by Gore with his fantasy science to justify his next project to become super rich. I'm happy the activists finally shunned him and that nonsense after years of denial.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
In southern Maryland as a kid we used to have tons of lighting bugs and now hardly any in the spring anymore.
And the shiny green Beatles ir June bugs as we called them are pretty much gone as well, also not as many bumblebees in the summer either. But we seem to have more of these flies that bite and are quite annoying.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Yeah well unfortunately the way the political system is ran planning for the future won't get the votes so it's reasonable to say voters are also part of that problem, the whole system is geared towards short term gain.
edit on 15-11-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

We can't vote good people in if they don't run because they would have to deal with that mess in DC. I mean where is the upside for an honest competent leader to run? Cost a fortune in both money and time and to get elected again, you can't actually do a good job.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I dont believe there is a platform for honestly in politics, it's like the police force the corruption is on the top tiers of the institution, an honest politician would get chewed up and spat out real fast, assuming one could get in at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join