It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montauk June 30th 2019

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
On June 30th 2019, I witnessed three UFOs hovering by Montauk beaches that each had seven lights of a light-orange hue and loitered around in the skies ludically for the better part of 15 minutes. I suspect there was nothing malicious about their endeavors but it is seared in my memory.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
"Ludically." Thanks for my word of the day.
I have myself observed luminous aerial phenomenon (LAPhs) behaving in a ludical manner.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ScreamButterfly

Do you not possess a camera?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

i was wondering too. 15 minutes and no cell phone shots?

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
And yet no pictures
I was hoping for some evidence of some sort.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
What shape were the lights configured in? Any sounds/noises?

How did they move? You mentioned loitering and ludically but that is not a measure of distance and or direction.

I second the request for photos or video.

thanks!

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I was in Montauk that week as well and saw strange orange lights that hung too low and hovered. This happened over two nights I was there. I did take pictures but they just looked like an orange blob squatch and are garbage. I took the pics with an iphone6. Now I have a new iPhone but I think they still wouldn’t have come out.

I was staying in the rooms at navy beach (Should be called rock beach. I really don’t like Montauk. This is for another thread tho).
edit on 14-11-2019 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

I will upload my pics now
edit on 14-11-2019 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Blob pics

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I also have over 2 min of black video!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
lol. thanks for sharing!

Were they moving? How?

a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Can't really bring out any significant detail:

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

It just moved slow over the horizon and sat there. Then it slowly faded out. I watched it for a good 45 minutes. The problem with Montauk is all the light pollution. New York City to the west and Connecticut and Rhode Island to the north. I had taken out a beach chair on to that rock beach to look for shooting stars. I love the skies but live in the city. I had recently been obsessed with the Hudson valley ufo wave and just wanted to take in the night.

This happened on two consecutive nights. It hovered. Went from a 45 degree angle to low on the horizon. It moved closer to me than faded out. It was just that light you see in the pic. That’s all I saw. That was what was moving in the sky.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Can't really bring out any significant detail:

Nope. None. My phone is terrible. But, I did take pics

And according to my time stamp this was July 28 10:34pm

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
So this was July 28th I saw this not June. So a month later.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'm still at a loss why some extremely detailed investigative threads consisting of a personal encounter PLUS tons of diagrams, coordinates, corroborating witness testimony and serious attempts at analysis and investigation get sent quuuiiiite quickly to the weird depths of the Grey Area where we get the second coming of Jesus every other day. While threads consisting of nothing more than "I saw a UFO, it was strange." remain and clutter in the Aliens&UFOs forum forever.

Seen it happen with the thread that was the reason for my original registration on here, seen it happen plenty of other times during the last 9 years with other posters' threads, simply because "a personal encounter" was involved. One of the many reasons I save my energy from posting on here anymore and don't even waste any lurking.

p.s. Nothing personal OP, good for you.
edit on 14-11-2019 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ch1n1t0

Are you saying you also don’t like my pic?

—- kicks dirt—- walks away——

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Nothing like that, fine sir. It's the original post that bothers me, and the fact it bears no significance, information/fact/evidence-wise. As much as the photo you've presented isn't really showing us much or giving us detail on the phenomenon, you actually did splendid when compared to "I saw ze Alienz. It waz awezome"

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The horrible resolution of my nothing pic is why I never posted it. I want more than anything to get close to something that will give me insight into the phenomenon. I only posted because I was there a month later and nobody was with me when I saw the lights. It is of course a worthless pic. I have five more worthless pics if you want

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Also, don't feel bad about not having made a decent photo, it's quite hard to actually snap a proper photo, especially during the night. Imagine how I felt in 2010 (pre-smartphone days, at least for the regular Joe Bulgarian) with 20+ of these fellas darting around the area I was camping at for 6 hours straight (some of which, mere 200-300 meters away, not just lights also).

I have three photos, and all are crappy white dots on a black background. And I imagine most here would die for an experience like that (while I'd die for it not happening, but that's a different story).

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Did you write a thread at all about your experience? Where was the sighting?

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ch1n1t0
While threads consisting of nothing more than "I saw a UFO, it was strange." remain and clutter in the Aliens&UFOs forum forever.

In some ways, the "I saw a UFO, it was strange" threads with little or no evidence are seen as more truthful than the more detailed accounts. That's mostly because there is really no reason to lie about something like this. The OP has no motivation to make it more than it was. It was an odd thing, and that's about it. Nothing really to prove, but a little more confirmation of the general philosophy that there are weird things flying around in the sky that are unidentified. A little mystery is somehow comforting in a world where so much of our activity is dull and predictable.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join