It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

meteorite explodes over eastern Missouri

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I did not see it but did feel my house shake. Here is a youtube channel that has all the information.. Man I really wish I would have seen it with my own eyes. I thought we were having a small earthquake.

There are much better videos coming in. I will post if I see any on youtube.
edit on 11-11-2019 by Fools because: ...

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Dated today

(post by carsforkids removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Appreciate the report and am glad your ok.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
At least it's a cooler use for security cameras.

Maybe someone should create a nationwide skywatch site like they have for weather stations.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

That's awesome! I keep seeing "Asteroid to hit Earth by xxxx" on my latest news when I open Google.

I remember a thread a week or two ago, also stating that they think we're in the same area of the solar system that we were the last time Earth was hit with a catastrophic meteor. They say the part we're entering is very active with such.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Don’t want to see any meteors!

You could go blind if you keep doing that!

Doesn’t anyone remember ”The Day of The Triffids”?

Do you want to be plant food? Cause that’s how you become plant food!

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If meteor strike is such a danger, why don't we have more mid-sized impacts, ones which leave a meaningful crater..?

Just another bug hunt.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
If meteor strike is such a danger, why don't we have more mid-sized impacts, ones which leave a meaningful crater..?

Just another bug hunt.
So, you're not worried about 1000 Hiroshima bombs all exploding simultaneously just because there's no crater? That's the estimated energy released in the Tunguska event of 1908 which left no crater. We were lucky the area wasn't populated because if it was, a lot of people would have been killed.

I think if you were in Hiroshima when the bomb went off, you would consider just one Hiroshima bomb a danger.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Meteorites don't explode over anything.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Meteorites don't explode over anything.

I award you this free picture of a T-shirt for that post!

Meteor and meteorite do admittedly sound similar, but at least the videos posted by Fools and roadgravel used the right word.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Maybe someone should create a nationwide skywatch site like they have for weather stations.

Yes, there are now thousands of fairly high definition cameras constantly filming the skies day and night. But who is going to review all that footage from all those cameras to see if there is a UFO in them? Thousands of cameras, thousands of hours, just to see a little crazy light in the sky or a speck of a flying saucer. Here's a favorite of mine. Very scenic:
www.coloradowebcam.net...

The answer is out there, but we don't have the time or money or inclination to actually look for it.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

But who is going to review all that footage from all those cameras to see if there is a UFO in them?

A program like Folding at home using video anaylitics that security cameras already use.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Just another bug hunt.

Most never reach the ground. Most happen over water (75% of the Earth's surface).

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

But who is going to review all that footage from all those cameras to see if there is a UFO in them?

A program like Folding at home using video anaylitics that security cameras already use.

You still have to look at them to make sure they're not moths or bats or ghosts instead of UFOs.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

After hundreds,thousands,millions have been eliminated.

Why are you under estimating video analytics ?

Motion Tracking,object recognition.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Why are you under estimating video analytics ?

That's not what I'm saying at all. What exactly would you program into the AI so that it will trigger a UFO alert? Unusually bright spots of light floating around? Flying saucers? Orbs? That's going to capture all kinds of bugs and webs and airplanes and meteors and stuff -- all the while doing its normal job of monitoring for burglars and Jehovah's Witnesses. And it probably wouldn't work as well during the day, so you'd miss 12 hours of surveillance time right off the top.

But even if it triggered and captured exactly what you told it to, you'd still have to review and analyze it anyway, just to see what it really was. There's no way you could program it to capture something "unusual." It doesn't understand that. It can only trigger when something in the image has changed.

So while applying an (expensive) AI analytical program to the system might reduce the total number of videos you had to look at, somebody will eventually have to sit down and look at all them. And then when you do find a "real" UFO, what do you have? An image of something unidentified. Not worth beans because there are so many these days.

ufostalker.com...
edit on 13-11-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
heard the news stay safe those who live in Missouri.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Just another bug hunt.

Most never reach the ground. Most happen over water (75% of the Earth's surface).

Well actually an small meteor actually did hit our apartment and in our floor. Of our balcony no huge damage but it did leave a mark on the wall near the window.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Lives are cheap. If I die by a meteor impact, so be it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join