It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near Death Experience - The Wheel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I have never heard of this or seen this posted anywhere. So I had to create a thread on it to see what others have heard on this. After reading this article it appears that there are plenty of others that have had this experience. It's pretty far out there and honestly, 10 years ago, I would have been like this dude smoked some good stuff but today I feel like this could be a real thing. Anyways I'm going to post most of the article but there are a few Q&A that I'll leave out. Enjoy!

A friend persuaded me to submit this account, against my natural tendency on the matter. I have no real interest in following it up or being contacted in any way. It was a very frightening episode. It is traumatic enough, to be honest, to recall it just once at length here. But having set out to describe it, I will be as frank and as accurate as language can allow.

On the 15th July 2013, at about 7.45am, I was on my way to work and approaching the intersection and getting ready to take a left-hand turn. This is a notoriously dangerous intersection on any day, and there have been many accidents there. It is hard to see if the intersection is clear from the right and the left turn is particularly hazardous. I was running late and in a flustered state of mind. I had an important meeting that I’d been planning for carefully over a number of days, and a really stupid delay at the last minute put all of that in jeopardy. It should also be understood that a much better traffic signal system exists there today than was in place at the time of this incident.

I approached the intersection in a hurry. I looked to the right and believed that I had correctly viewed that nothing was approaching from the right, so I made the left turn. As I crossed the intersection, I glanced right once more and saw a vehicle heading straight for me at what could only have been in excess of ninety miles per hour. We saw each other. I saw the look in the other guy’s eyes because we were that close. A collision was absolutely inevitable. There is no way on this earth that it could have been avoided.

What happens next is EXTREMELY difficult to describe, but I will do my best. And this can be (and must be) taken to apply to everything that I am going to attempt to relate from this point onwards. Words, even the most carefully chosen words, capture no more than 1% of this experience at best, and even then very poorly. This is quite possibly the most frustrating thing about giving this account.

Across from the front of the car on the left, in almost the opposite direction to the oncoming vehicle, was a field. I suddenly became aware of a very large 'object' approaching slowly on a diagonal across this field. It was coming directly towards my car. Time was not functioning normally while this was happening, if it was functioning at all. I had the space to notice this happening, but I can’t explain how I was able to do that. The object when I first saw it, appeared to be about the size of a ten-floor tower block. It subjectively seemed to be about two or three hundred yards across the field. These size and distance descriptions are meaningless, as I’ll try to explain in a moment.

The object resembled a giant waterwheel lying on its side and rotating as it approached me and my vehicle. As it got closer, this didn’t take time, as we understand it. I saw that my first observation about its size was wildly inaccurate. It was more like the size of a small city. As it got closer still, I understood that all scale and distance estimates were meaningless. It was larger than what we think of as the world. As it approached me, I became aware of its power and significance. My mind interpreted this as being an up-close, giant-scale physical object.

Okay, now this part is particularly difficult to explain. As the object drew near to me, a kind of sensation came over my person and I knew exactly what this thing was. Not only that, but I knew everything that pertained to it, what it was, what it was doing, what it’s 'business' was with me, where and when I had seen it before, why I was seeing it now, and many many other things that I cannot now recall.

I had seen the object before I was born and I will see it again when I die. We all knew it before we were born. We will all see it when we die. But this information is eclipsed from us while we are alive. And that was why I was seeing it now in the experience, because I was in the process of dying in a fatal car crash.

Here’s what I can remember, as best it words can tell. This wheel wasn’t something that moved towards me through the world, or through reality somehow. That was an illusion that my senses were constructing for me. The wheel WAS reality, itself. It represented EVERY CONCEIVABLE POSSIBILITY for a life or for a world that could ever be envisioned or imagined. As it approached, I became aware that what we call our world was contained within it. It was simply one of the numberless slots or paddles in the 'water wheel.' It had always been so. My life, your life, our world, all of us - we were a part of this wheel structure and we had always been a part of this structure. It simply now made itself visible to me.

There then began the truly terrifying dimension of this experience. Words cannot even begin to describe the level of fear I experienced. The water wheel sort of rolled across me and then across the place where my car was in the road. As it did so, I began to be hit by each of the paddles in the wheel.

Remember that all of this is just a way of talking. It does not, and cannot, remotely describe the real situation as it actually was.

But some sense of it can be had by imagining that in the space of each 'paddle' there was a kind of spinning film of water, like a waterfall on its side. Imagine a film of water being thrown outward from the wheel in each slot, as if by centrifugal force. Imagine being slapped or splashed by each of these films as you collide with it and pass through it to the next one. This is what was happening. Except these weren’t just films of water. They were (for want of a better term) possible realities or what we might think of as universes or worlds. Again, our world, our entire universe as we normally think of it, was simply one among an infinite number of these. How did I know that there was an infinite number? I just did. A kind of knowing came with the event, and there was no doubting this knowing. It WAS so, and I knew it was so.

And because I had knowledge and understood what was happening in ways I can no longer communicate, I was afraid. I understood that I was about to be subject to the process that humans approximated with the term 'reincarnation.' This was why the wheel had come. I represented a kind of discrepancy that had to be fixed. The event, or perhaps the imminent event, on the highway had caused me to slip out of or fall between the paddles on the wheel. This structure had some kind of cosmic purpose of sorting things into their correct natural place. I was afraid and resisted being 'sorted' so the wheel stepped up its aggressive attempts to 'sort' me correctly.

www.nderf.org...

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
(continued)

With this came another understanding that frightened me even more. I knew that unless I soon selected one of these realities to slide back into, that the wheel would coerce the situation by deciding for me. One way or another, I WOULD be 'sorted' whether I liked it or not. If I didn’t choose for myself, I would simply be fitted into place at some nearest position on the wheel to the point where I failed to make the decision; if that makes sense. I was aware of having a limited ability to choose, but not much. Even that limited ability wasn’t much use because each reality slammed against me and through me before I could make much sense of what it contained.

Even I did not remain the same from one slot in the wheel to the next. It was as if when each film broke over me, I was destroyed and made again from the ground up as a completely new self. There was no continuous 'me' that traveled unaltered through that wheel and can somehow report back on this experience. This is just one of the many things that is so very hard to explain. The very idea of a continuous self was contradicted by this experience.

I have forgotten, or perhaps it was deliberately suppressed, the vast majority of what I saw in the various universes or paddles of the wheel. At the beginning, they seemed very similar to this world we inhabit, or believe ourselves to inhabit. For example, I have a floating memory of seeing various different scenarios of how the accident played out. I suspect that these were all nearby paddles on the wheel. In one of them I remember seeing what looked like my vehicle thrown right off the road and so badly damaged that it looked like it had been folded in the center like a pocket knife. I seemed to recall many other scenarios like this that I can no longer remember. To clarify: what I mean is that I seemed to file or flip through numerous conceivable (quantum?) possibilities for the outcome of the accident. I can remember doing this, but I cannot remember what any of these particular 'worlds' contained.

I have no explanation for why I failed to experience any of the phenomena usually reported with the imminent death situations like the tunnel, the light, and so on. I suspect that imminent death experiences are symbolic scenarios that flash up just as someone is entering or exiting the wheel, but before the situation has developed very far. At no stage did I see anything whatever that resembled what we humans would think of as an afterlife or spirit world or life after death realm. It’s as if we are either on the outer surface of the wheel itself, in one of its realized worlds, or else we are dead and we are the wheel itself. The wheel is a space where all uncreated possibility exists, but nothing completed or actual. And bear in mind that nothing was concealed from me. I was the ALL, and knew the ALL. I certainly don’t retain it or pretend do, but I knew it then.

I began to grow extremely panicked. Each time I thought I was just beginning to get a handle on things, I would be slapped over violently and ruthlessly into a new slot in the wheel and a whole new 'me' would crystallize, along with all the memories and assumptions that went along with that world. I remembered none of who I was just a moment ago in another paddle on the wheel. I had no memory whatsoever of where I had come from or the highway situation in my world. I had zero memory of that world. I knew I had come from a 'somewhere' but had no recollection of where that was, or even who I was. It was about the most bizarre thing that you could imagine.

Somehow though, and I can only assume that it happened without any conscious action on my part, the possibilities appearing in the wheel began to narrow down and become somewhat more familiar again. Scenarios associated with the accident began to appear once more. I say once more, but I have no real way of knowing whether this was a separate incidence of this to what I described above, or whether it was really the same incidence because time was functioning so unusually during the whole episode.

Again I saw, or seemed to see, variations or possible world-outcomes where I died in the crash. I seemed to understand intuitively that if I went 'into' any of these, I would be there for only a few moments or minutes at most, and then I would have to come out and face the wheel again almost immediately. I didn’t want to do this. But there was an odd kind of knowing associated with that too. The wheel didn’t seem bothered one way or the other. It didn’t seem to matter to it whether I emerged again in three minutes time or three decades time. All it cared about was sorting me, and there was a kind of ruthlessness to this that I will not soon forget.

I found myself back on the highway in what seemed to be a very short distance back up the road, still approaching the intersection. This is just one of the many mysteries associated with the event that I cannot explain. Did I choose a world which was a version of our universe in which the accident hadn’t quite happened yet, but was just seconds away from happening? I can’t say, because I have no memory of making that decision. I remember the look on that driver’s face as clearly as if it were yesterday. I remember him bracing back on the wheel. But I braked as I reached the intersection and that driver, or his car, were simply nowhere to be seen.

www.nderf.org...

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This is an interesting experience.

I've experienced "the void" and my take away of the experience of life here in this dimension/world is that matching the point of view of Hermes. I came back from the void with thoughts of knowing that the universe was a mental construct and that god was mind.

It wasn't until years later I learned of Hermes, Thoth and the Hermetic Principles.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

if nothing else, it was an interesting read.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Super neat, thank you for sharing. I have had 2 near death experiences, both viewing my body from outside, but in both cases I was resuscitated. (drowning/suffocation). I have also purposely gone OOB, sometimes with tactile sense (etheric) and sometimes with no real tactile (astral) but I have never seen or heard of such a 'wheel'.

edit on 8/11/2019 by chris_stibrany because: it's not a 'whee(!)' it's a 'wheel'

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

edit on 8-11-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

This is exactly how I feel every day I come to this website!

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread, there is a lot to think about in this. I've never had an NDE but I read a lot about this topic, it's just mind blowing.
What's for sure one day we WILL know the truth, all of us.
Star & flag

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Reminds me of the "Wheel of Fortune", of karmic value.
Or "Choose your path, or it will be chosen for you".

Our ancestors experienced much of the same things NDE/OOBE people have been experiencing in modern times.

"Nothing new under the Sun".

I've always held the belief or mental thought form that everything that is, has been catalogued into existence records somewhere.

All things are known about.

On a tinier scale; take the Large Hedron Collider, has many parts working for a particular function. Maybe not every individual scientist understands the entirety of the mechanics and what is happening. But it's all catalogued and known for anyone to find out.

As per the universe; I see it as an "Organic Machine" as our bodies but on the great-macro scale. It has many parts and sciences to it, bit serves a particular function that is not known to any of us on Earth. But after death we might be able to read/see the catalogue and understand once more, the purpose of the universe.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Interesting story. Maybe all these paddles were your past lives. I recall something about how a reel of movie like screens may flash past experiences or lives, something to that effect.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Did you believe in the existence of God prior to your experience? God probably does not exist

Just a thought...

Since this person did not believe in God, could it be, he had to be "reborn," or placed in a different reality, until he discovered that God was his Creator? Maybe Hell is just a neverending cycle of different life experiences, until we discover "faith," and a relationship with God, which will eventually lead us onto a path towards Heaven.

edit on 11/8/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So just doing some more digging on my newly found phenomenon and came across this. Found this on reddit which links to an official CIA document. This is just crazy...my brain can't handle this lol.

www.cia.gov...

Page 24, under G. Focus 15: Travel Into the Past

“However, the technique of time travel into the past involves further expansion of consciousness through the inclusion of additional levels of sound on the Hemi-Sync tapes. Some of the sound is probably merely an intensification of the basic Hemi-Sync frequencies, being designed to further modify brainwave frequency and amplitude. Other aspects of the added sound patterns appear to be designed to provide subtle, almost subliminal suggestions to the mind as to what is desired by way of further expanded consciousness so as to support the verbal suggestions and instructions also contained on the tape.

Even the instructions are highly symbolic, with time being visualized as a huge wheel in the universe with various spokes each of which gives access to a different part of the participant’s past. Focus 15 is a very advanced state and is difficult to achieve.”

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Did you believe in the existence of God prior to your experience? God probably does not exist

Just a thought...

Since this person did not believe in God, could it be, he had to be "reborn," or placed in a different reality, until he discovered that God was his Creator? Maybe Hell is just a neverending cycle of different life experiences, until we discover "faith," and a relationship with God, which will eventually lead us onto a path towards Heaven.

Ya that's a very good thought. I mean we are talking about the ability to reach a certain high of spirituality it appears.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
While my Grandmother ( 1995 ) was in her final 2 months, in and out then out completely, she kept saying "The terrible wheel" and until this account in the OP, I had always wondered what she was seeing. Now, thanks to the story in the OP, I believe what she was seeing was this.

Crazy stuff.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: paviabari
While my Grandmother ( 1995 ) was in her final 2 months, in and out then out completely, she kept saying "The terrible wheel" and until this account in the OP, I had always wondered what she was seeing. Now, thanks to the story in the OP, I believe what she was seeing was this.

Crazy stuff.

Dude...crazy stuff is just the tip. I have been reading some stuff on reddit and people's own experiences. It does sound like it is the wheel of life. Different timelines, realities, it's just mind boggling.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Sounds like:

The Bhavachakra,

the Wheel of Life or Wheel of Becoming,

is a mandala - a complex picture representing the Buddhist view of the universe.

To Buddhists, existence is a cycle of life, death, rebirth and suffering that they seek to escape altogether.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
This is an interesting experience.

I've experienced "the void" and my take away of the experience of life here in this dimension/world is that matching the point of view of Hermes. I came back from the void with thoughts of knowing that the universe was a mental construct and that god was mind.

It wasn't until years later I learned of Hermes, Thoth and the Hermetic Principles.

I found this video. At 7:00 to 7:10 it says "The wheels of Saturn". Talks about reincarnation and where souls come from. Hermetics is fascinating, as are most "mystery" teachings regarding this stuff.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hmmm...wonder if Journey might have had something like your OP in mind...

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
How about Ezekiel’s ‘wheels within wheels’.

ETA, awesome thread S & F. This had my ‘wheels’ spinning when I read it at work today.
edit on 8-11-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Tesseracts an swasktikas...turning circles into squares, and squares into circles since Adam an Eve.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join