It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law enforcement members across this country...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Especially officers from California, Nevada, New Mexico, and Arizona.

How comfortable are you enforcing laws that seem and appear to go against federal go0vernment?

I'm from Kentucky. For you California law enforcement officers, why does carrying my firearm automatically make me a felon?

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Especially officers from California, Nevada, New Mexico, and Arizona.

How comfortable are you enforcing laws that seem and appear to go against federal go0vernment?

I'm from Kentucky. For you California law enforcement officers, why does carrying my firearm automatically make me a felon?

I believe it simply comes down to training, no different than the military(sadly). They get it beat into their head all the time of what a "threat" is. In most cases, that is anyone armed, either with an extensive record or one without. In a way, it's pretty logical. But, that training being beat into them aside(for their own good) there is a huge difference. It seems that those in major metro areas are a bit more hardlined on it. While those in more rural areas understand that the majority of those they encounter with weapons are likely just law abiding citizens. It's not necessarily wrong to view why those in the dense urban #holes see ANYONE with a weapon(law abiding or not) as a potential threat due to the drastic(often 10 or 100 fold) as being more likely to be a violent criminal.

Honestly, the best thing someone can do, in any situation, is to just get out of the mega crime cities if they want to be treated in any way other than just another member of a #hole and treated like an actual US citizen, with all their liberties intact.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Not a cop but for me, I would think it's common sense that if you're carrying a firearm, a cop is going to see a potential threat because he/she wants to go home alive and an armed person is always a question mark.

Let's say you're in Taco Bell and you have a Glock on your hip and there's a cop eating at a table. He doesn't know you. He sees a man with a gun. That's it.

Cops get shot all the time. When you encounter a stranger, you never know what's going on with that person. I don't care what state they're from. It makes sense that they are wary of people who are armed. It's just the nature of it. This is why I'd never carry a firearm. I'm not against guns at all and I'm not even against people carrying them but it's one of those things that you have to realize is going to cause people to be a bit wary of you.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

I feel the same way when I see a cop with a gun. Statistically I am more likely to be shot and killed by a cop than a civilian.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I feel the same way when I see a cop with a gun. Statistically I am more likely to be shot and killed by a cop than a civilian.

You do, well makes sense, I'd imagine most criminals feel that way...
edit on 8-11-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Perhaps. But you are also statistically more likely to be shot and killed by a cop if you fit the profile of someone the cop believes is a threat. So it pays to try and understand cops, empathize with them and learn how to interact with them in a way that does not spike their threat alert system right off the bat. If you live in this world, you will eventually interact with a police officer. It is in the best interest of both parties that you understand when, how and why they feel threatened or alarmed.

I would tend to think that statistically, you are probably less likely to be harmed by the police if you treat them with respect and don't argue with them EVEN IF THEY ARE WRONG.

So the fact of the matter is that being armed in the first place is going to cause the officer to be on alert. So you are definitely more likely to be shot by a cop if you are armed than if you are not. Again, if you want to carry a gun, I don't have a problem with it. It's just that this is a big reason why I never have and never will. I have been pulled over a few times and that was nerve-racking enough for me. Even though I was not armed and had no weapons of any kind the cop flipped out because I didn't know you're supposed to keep your hands in view. I was fumbling around looking for my license as he was on his way to the car. Somehow, I just never expected to have to know that because I knew I was not committing any crimes. So you don't think that a cop is going to pull you over for no apparent reason and your continued existence on this planet could depend on whether or not he can see your hands. Of course this is totally obvious to me now but I was a 20 something kid at the time. I didn't know that. He was not amused.

If you're going to carry a gun, you'd better know everything there is to know about peaceful interaction with law enforcement officers.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

For the same reasons that you asked in that thread last week.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

You've just described a police state where the citizens cower in fear of law enforcement!

Unbelievable!

What you've described is not a threat, but rather hyper-paranoia and jack-boot thuggery, conditioned by a justice system which permits this type of mentality.

I take strong exception to virtually everything you posted!

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

ow comfortable are you enforcing laws that seem and appear to go against federal go0vernment?

Maybe just go re-read your other thread about the exact same question. No need to do a weekly thing about it.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Not. At. All.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
When someone is complaining about cops just remember .

They would more than likely be the first person to run into a burning building to save your kids .

Jump into freezing water to drag you out of a car .

Run towards gun fire and put theirselves between a shooter and you to protect you and yours .

Render first aid until the paramedics arrive .

Administer narcan to prevent overdose deaths .

Search for your toddler all night until more help arrives .

They are some brave men and women who don’t deserve to be lumped into a category because of a few bad apples .

edit on 8-11-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The military operates a little differently than LE does. If you come through a military ECP for instance you get disarmed regardless of who you are, and in some places they are lucky if they even get to leave of their own free will.

Despite this we still don't stand around with our guns drawn and pointed at people just for having a gun.

We find someone who has a gun, we take it, spin them around, search them harder, flexicuff em and then move on.

Having a cop bear down on me in my own car in my own country in a place that's not a conflict zone is plain nonsense and shouldn't happen.

I don't care that they feel uncomfortable in any given situation with a citizen that has no priors. If a police officer isn't comfortable doing the job they are required to do they should go back to working a desk or do something completely different.

If I and the people I served with can crack jokes and stay reasonably level headed in a hostile environment then a cop should be more than able to keep their cool on practically any street in the United States.

Most times I get pulled over it goes like this.

I pull over.
Hands on steering wheel and all necessary documents also in hand.
Hey officer how's your day going?
I only have one pistol and it's the center console
Sure I'll keep it there. No problem
No I don't know why you pulled me over
*Small discussion*
Thanks for the warning/Thanks for doing your job
Drive off.

I've only had one LEO ever draw on me, a deputy, and I handed him his ass afterwards.

But seriously if a LEO can't go through their day thinking that every citizen they come across is a dangerous illegal or potential threat they should find a new job.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

ow comfortable are you enforcing laws that seem and appear to go against federal go0vernment?

Maybe just go re-read your other thread about the exact same question. No need to do a weekly thing about it.

Pretty sure my last thread wasn't directly meant for LEO.

This one was... yet... im surprised you are LEO being as how you can't tell the difference.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
If you drive through Oklahoma with California, Oregon, Colorado or Washington license plates expect to be stopped and your car torn apart because they want to bust you for any amount of cannabis.
edit on 9-11-2019 by jrod because: Gremlins

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
People carrying guns should not concern the Police...people breaking the Law should concern the police.

The highest % of crimes committed do not involve guns.

You cannot control what people do....ever.....you can request their concurrence....but you cannot change the macro-environment to force your own laws upon people......just lik you cannot throw all of the dangerous rocks into the sea to stop people from killing each other with rocks.....its a dotarded idea that disarming the entire world will make it a safer place.

edit on 9-11-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I’m pretty sure rephrasing your thread from one day to the next doesn’t change the intent behind the thread.

I’m surprised as somebody who repeats themselves by only changing a few words here and there while still having the same intent, you can’t tell the similarity.

top topics

join