It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ms Monopoly just a game or so much more?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I like Ms. Go Fish where, when my wife guesses wrong, instead of saying ,'Go Fish!,' I yell, 'Go Make a ****ing Sandwich!'.

It's a big hit at Casa Augie.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Someones gotta be working on an Uber PC version of chess..
Its got all the target points-race(Black vs white),gender issues(kings/queens),slaves/martyrs(pawns),military(knights/castles),
religion(bishops).

It ticks all the boxes which need to be "rectified" for the PC lovers.

The only one that gets left out is the rook,although I am sure someone will find a way to make a rook seem offensive or unPC.

edit on 7/11/2019 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Here is a link to the ‘game’ on Amazon. If you feel strongly you could leave a review. I wonder if they will approve a negative review.

Sexist Game at Amazon

edit on 2019/11/7 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

It should be the other way around!

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Absolutely stupid.
I hope nobody buys this game, but I'm sure some "enlightened" em, person will.

I think it's a marketing scam just to create controversy as a way of getting cheap advertising. With these kind of marketing misdirections the American people are played like a fiddle. Here comes the OUTRAGE!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse
Chess has already got the queen more powerful than the king, so it's P.C. already.
The only amendment needed is that black gets first move (oh yes, and any white piece that captures a black piece must be removed from the board).

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
sounds like an unfair game to me.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

We plan on buying it, and playing at our family reunion this Christmas.

It'll be great to see old uncle Phil in his pink dress and blond wig again. His bushy beard really makes the look !

Little Tommy put-up such a fuss when we made him wear the fake-boobs and lipstick last year. He'll get used to it soon enough. You'll see !

Even auntie Bob: she switches gender according to any occasion !

Hope we don't run-out of tampons !

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I love how feminists always scream about equality. Then do crap like this.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

You're not entirely wrong, but alongside the OUTRAGE is a fair heaping of successful pandering. The companies selling this type of crap are manipulating the mentally weak and enfeebled, those who actually believe the wage gap nonsense and those who believe these types of unbalanced reverse discrimination policies, such as those shown in the game, are needed to create "equality." Yes, people get outraged, but damn isn't outrage an appropriate response to sexist, mysoginistic tomfoolery like this game? I mean that... anyone who believes the only way a female can succeed is by giving her more than males receive and placing artificial roadblocks in front of males clearly has zero respect for females and views them as weak, frail, second class citizens who are unable to succeed on their own merits.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Few went with Hasbro's intention as being different than most of that.

One thing, women make better managers and CEO's, especially in today's setting.
So, they get paid more, are more valuable to the strategic financial decision making that has to go on, and generally just nicer!

Not a woman, just an observer.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Monopoly is a game of chance. Doesn't matter how you much you budget, or enforce some sort of strategy the luck of the roll still is king. I mean, sure it has a much 'deeper' meaning behind it that life is all about unpredictability. But who is actually thinking about that when they roll a set of dice and land in jail? Or when they land on the guy who recklessly spent all his money on two properties for hotels in a gamble someone would land on them?

Adding this sort of stuff to the equation just doesn't make sense in the monopoly world. Why do you think you can choose a shoe, a car, a classic western 'cowboy', and a dog as player pieces? It's a goddamn game!

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Hasbro turns sexist!

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

That’s insulting to women. I won almost every game I played against my brother and sister. Fair and square.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Don't you want to guess what the game-pieces are in this new feminist version ?

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Comes with a Gillette disposable razor, no blades so women can pretend to shave their pretend facial hair

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
This is crazy. Just another way for TPTB to further divide humanity.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Not to be a buzz-kill or anything, but...

Well, I kind of hate to say this...fun headline and all, but Hasbro sold-out on the game of Monopoly a long time ago. Anyone can have a custom Monopoly game made, with whatever changes they want. In fact, I have a Monopoly game about 3 feet from my desk just now which was given to me by a real estate developer who had the game customized to their development properties. It has all sorts of changes from the original.

So, I suspect this is just another evolution of the same thing. It's probably not Hasbro marketing as much as some liberal group who just had the game customized this way and are selling it.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

There are over 1000 versions at this time and they say that there is no limit to the possibilities.

I am sure this will stimulate the minds of the masses to create a game of revenge.

Sounds like great marketing and planning to me.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join