It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Confirm The Discovery Of A Mysterious Interstellar Space Boundary

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Please provide citations for your bible claims.

The Heliosphere is not a Force Field. It is a bubble around the solar system created by the solar wind pushing interstellar plasma away.

The Heliosphere will "collapse" when the sun stops producing solar wind, burning out and turning into a white dwarf. Earth will become inhospitable long before that.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

doesnt let biological matter through but probes are fine

anything that is biological gets vaporised instantly

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

nah its just the "edge" of the flat solar plane if we travel beyond we fall of the flat solar plane into the void

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

nah its just the "edge" of the flat solar plane if we travel beyond we fall of the flat solar plane into the void

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Shouldn't be surpising the sun casts a big shadow.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
As above so below. Neat.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

that's not how Earth is lol. People got smart and dominated Earth with intelligence not biting...

Jaden

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I find it very odd that Voyagers can
both detect what they are finding?
as they ware made to take pics of planets.
does any one have the info on the Voyagers?
so we can see what they ware built to detect?

and I find it odd they they end up
in just the right place to do this?
or did they spin them around the
planets just to get to this position!
what are the odds on that!

Trump built a wall in space!

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

By propellant I meant external forces as well, of course it could be accelerated by another gravitational source. I should have probably been clearer, cheers!

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
originally posted by: slapjacks

“The heliopause acts as a somewhat porous boundary that only allows some particles to traverse it," said Hayes. “Because we have only very recently passed through it – in 2012 with Voyager 1, and now with Voyager 2, there are still a lot of aspects of this we don’t understand.”

This needs to be understood.

Off the top of my head for example, the Higgs-Boson particle assigns Mass to other particles.
Mass determines gravitational force, increases with relative speed etc.
If we ever can master that particle we could flip gravity on or off and travel near light speed without increasing mass etc. or something like that.

If there is a boundary that is filtering particles that reach our star system, then that boundary must in ways also change the physics we experience.

Is it possible that the zone we live in has rules of physics that do not apply once we have left this zone?

Is it possible on that beyond the "heliopause" in the inter-stellar space between stars, the universe has afforded different rules providing for travel between the stars faster than our current paradigm of physics affords for?

What if once we pass through the boundary, it is like stepping onto one of those moving walkways at the airport until you reach the next star and it's boundary? Each solar system contained and a slippery slide of physics outside it's boundary affording for inter-stellar travel between them.

edit on 8-11-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris
originally posted by: slapjacks

“The heliopause acts as a somewhat porous boundary that only allows some particles to traverse it," said Hayes. “Because we have only very recently passed through it – in 2012 with Voyager 1, and now with Voyager 2, there are still a lot of aspects of this we don’t understand.”

This needs to be understood.

Off the top of my head for example, the Higgs-Boson particle assigns Mass to other particles.
Mass determines gravitational force, increases with relative speed etc.
If we ever can master that particle we could flip gravity on or off and travel near light speed without increasing mass etc. or something like that.

If there is a boundary that is filtering particles that reach our star system, then that boundary must in ways also change the physics we experience.

Is it possible that the zone we live in has rules of physics that do not apply once we have left this zone?

Is it possible on that beyond the "heliopause" in the inter-stellar space between stars, the universe has afforded different rules providing for travel between the stars faster than our current paradigm of physics affords for?

What if once we pass through the boundary, it is like stepping onto one of those moving walkways at the airport until you reach the next star and it's boundary? Each solar system contained and a slippery slide of physics outside it's boundary affording for inter-stellar travel between them.

They dont really know if the higgs boson does that...

This article is dumb if you ask me, ive known about all of this since I could read, its not a new thing. Seems they are more interested in how some of the particles behave etc nothing BIG or ALIEN here.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
What a coincidence - I just started this book:

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
yep and the refraction index is quite high

On the outside always looking in
Will humanity ever be more than humanity always been?
'Cause they are tap, tap, tapping on the glass

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
a reply to: St Udio
The Heliosphere is not a Force Field.

It is a bubble around the solar system created by the solar wind pushing interstellar plasma away.
The Heliosphere will "collapse" when the sun stops producing solar wind, burning out and turning into a white dwarf. Earth will become inhospitable long before that.

a Solar Wind of Photons, radiated from the Sun...that has enough 'force' to create a Bow Wave in the front of our Solar-System/HelioSphere that is both Solar Wind AND Interstellar Particles including Molecular Cloud material all piled up together....

Exactly Describing a barrier or Force Field

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gastrok
What a coincidence - I just started this book:

There's also a great book named Paradox - On the Brink of Eternity by Phillipp Peterson with a very similar plot.
German author I think, but the book has been translated.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: Blue Shift

that's not how Earth is lol. People got smart and dominated Earth with intelligence not biting... Jaden

Yeah, it's nice to think that. And sure, we developed tools and stuff. But they were basically created to help us kill and eat things that we ordinarily wouldn't have been able to. Knife and fork? Fire? Supermarkets? They were invented so we can more efficiently kill and eat. If we're speculating about aliens that are similar to us, who evolved following the same natural development paths we did, we could very easily be on their menu. The point is, they're unlikely to be fearful of us chicken wings.
edit on 8-11-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Like a fish out of water, just another layer

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks
Looks sensationalized, seems there just out of the suns influence that's all, likely because there sensors picked up changes.

Also how are they getting there data, those satellites are not that far, but for some of them build way back in the 1970s to 80s. There are bound to be more then a few glitches and misunderstandings not to mention educated queues.

But looks like there sending another voyager in 2024 that's better equipped. So till then. Does not say much. And will be waiting for pictures of outside the suns influence even longer yet.

Either way, not earth shattering news, but still cool to a degree.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

The probes have multiple fault protection systems with redundant hardware.

Nonetheless Voyager 2 receiver failed in 1978. The probe switched to the backup system, which turned out to have a defect too. Luckily a workaround was possible by adjusting the transmission procedures to compensate for the fault.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I've decided to self identify as a scientist - we have 12 years left before the sun explodes unless everyone on earth buys my self help cd available on amazon.

Also global warming is the lizards trying to make us habitable.

Plus some stuff in this article they just made up to make there jobs seem necessary - "broken probe finds something it can't possibly because we said so" #giveusmoney

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join