It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Wisconsin Man Wants to Legalize Cat Hunting

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I believe the guy who wants to kill the little critters just wants to save the birds from these predators. Stray cats can come in handy if they know how to hunt down mice and rodents on their own without relying on their cat food. I was amused when I heard of this and started thinking of all the scared cats but it wouldn't be that funny if someone's pet was shot dead. I would rather have the birds that make such a foul mess get shot. At least the cats are quiet in the morning unlike the birds. Of course I'm not really opposed to hunting any stray annoying animal on your property.

I still remember years ago someone told me and I forget but I think he said that domesticated cat tasted a lot better than stray cat but I forgot. I have no interest in eating a cat so that's probably why I forgot. I've heard some hunters believe in eating what they kill but I don't think this guy had this particular wish for the law. I can just imagine the horror now for cat lovers. The neighbor shot and ate someone's pet. I don't think this will become law.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think just shooting cats is a terrible idea.

They have really nice fur, if you bred them and then skinned them you could make make some really nice coats. Especially from persians ....

Apart from that it ties in with a dog thread recently, pet eating should be legalised and down and outs should be allowed to add some cat to their diet.

Cats can be expensive to keep so its only right that the owners, or any hungry vagrant can turn them back into a good meal, cat curry has been lost to our society as a nice dinner because of weak kneed pet owners.

Anyone who has doubts about cat killing only has to listen to this caring and emotive song to realise that it can be a very pleasurable and suitable endevour..
www.stephenlynch.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Check out this site for some unusual eating ideas...
www.petsorfood.com...

Home Sick
"We recently had an exchange student staying with us. After a few weeks she got very homesick, so we decided to cheer her up with a favorite dish from her homeland, sweet and sour kitten. Thanks to your wonderful site Shao Lin feels right at home here in America!"

Beth Ann Smith
Madison, WI

[edit on 8-3-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
This is a little off subject, but netchicken's postings reminded me of
some incidents that happened years ago in Atlanta.
People would kill and skin cats and then sell them to chinese restaurants as rabbits.
A skinned cat would look very similar to a skinned rabbit.
So some patrons unknowingly really did have "sweet n sour kitten".
Yuck!

(shakes head and rolls eyes while looking at "petsorfood" page).

Elaine

[edit on 8-3-2005 by elaine]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Look the whole point is he isn't talking about shootng lttle tammy's pet tabby. He is talking about killing feral cats, IE cats born and raised wild. Domestic animals gone feral are the most agressive and invasive species in the world. Look at what feral pigs are doing to the environment in texas and australia. Fact is as long as it aint someones pet, feel free to shoot it. What makes a cat more vauable than a deer, an elk, or a moose?
If it lives in the wild hunt it.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Entire bird populations are whiped out by these cats and the same bleeding hearts that want to protect the cats also want to ban hunting of all game. We have killed cats in Wisconsin forever when found out in the woods and will continue to because we understand the issue and how it effects the ecology of the area. The problem is not the cats as much as the cat owners that let them run if Tabby comes back with a hole in its head blame yourself. Responsible pet owners get pets fixed and keep them tied or inside.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
THere is no way you can make sure the hunters do not kill domestic cats. If thye have collars the hunter can remove the collar after the kill, or even bury it and no one will know.

Also this does not take into account farm cats, that farmers use to control the rodent population to protect thier crops.

And unlike dogs, you cannot walk your cat on a leash. They are predators, not pack animals, and need to spend most of thier time outdoors "hunting" alone.

And people still are forgeting about the Black death and its main cause being the almost extiction of domestic cats

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38
We have killed cats in Wisconsin forever when found out in the woods and will continue to because we understand the issue and how it effects the ecology of the area.

How can you tell if it a domestic house cat out on the prowl for the prowl? While I agree that its a problem wouldn't say a mandatory neutering program take care of the problem in a really short itme? Far saster than hunting them down.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I personally think this is a crazy idea. I would hate to find out that my cat had been shot by someone.

I do, however, think something needs to be done to help control the cat population. Cats are everywhere.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Thats why I took in 14 stray cats when living on a farm house and had them neutered or spade, were great a keeping the mouse pop. down. or now living closer to city, have trained the cat what it can and can't hunt. It hunts something I don't want it to, take the animal, smack the cat on the head, if it catches something I want him to, I let him keep it and give him a treat. Cow Birds are parasitic birds, they lay their eggs in other birds nests, and since the young are bigger, they kill the other birds in the nest leaving just them. European Starlings and Grackels are pests, like pidgeons are in the city, so if he cathes them, good kitty. He caught a bunny, bad cat, smack. Catches Cow Birds, Grackels, E. Starlings, and leaves Bunnies, Robins, Cardinals alone. Well, one time went after a duck, but the duck flew away before he could catch it, a duck is a little big for a cat.

Also, again, as many people have mentioned, you have the people who don't like cats and will just shoot cats. Collar? I didn't see one when I shot it from 30 feet away. Or a farm cat/s, used to be mouse/rat pop. down. Without a cat/s? Would have been infested by vermin. Or also mentioned, Black Plague was a big problem in Europe why? No cats. While in China, which also had the BP, but had cats, lost less then a million.

Ok, lets make hunting dogs legal. I am gonna go to a dog park and shoot as many as possible. I didn't see any collars, not my fault I shot your dog. What? Your dog broke his leash? Sorry, didn't see his collar.(Yes, even thick steel can be broken by a dog, have wokn twice to the dog running around barking because he broke his leash, a thick steel cable) Or cat gets out on accident, BAM! Well, didn't see the collar when I shot it, not my fault.

Ok, so, lets hunt cats, dogs, oh and fish! Lets go into peoples house and shoot those feral fish. And Snakes! And Iguanas! And Anoles! And Geckos! Lets see, And Tarantulas! What else do people keep as pets?

Or a good joke. Guy is lost in the woods, been lost for 5 days. All of a sudden a bunny hops up to him. He grabs it, kills it, eats it. Next day a littl girl comes up to him. "Sir? Have you seen my bunny?" Turns out the guy was about 30 feet away from civillization when he came across a pet bunny and ate it!

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
James, Helloooooo!

I hunt and can tell a feral cat from a house pet. All that you have to do is look at the coat. Any outdoors types know that as well and in all seriousness, we don't enjoy killing what some other coward could not put down are put up for adoption or was too cheep to neuter.

I lived in an area where there was no animal shelter. Back in the woods you know. People would drop their starving dogs off and the would inevitably come around my house with our dogs. I would not feed them or I would have 4 dozen in no time. My dogs were Pyrenees so they were not successful in taking their food. I put down many a wonder pet that only needed love. It was more painful to look at their ribs and seeing their dull black eyes from starvation. A bullet was the best thing. i could take them to the vet to put down, pay $15 for the shot and $35 for disposal. times 3 dozen? No, a dime 9mm bullet did just as well. i am not cold. they were the turd blossms that dumped them off to starve. Our house is a menagerie. We love animals but domestics should not displace indigenous!

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Just found this article today and now I know we should hunt them darn cats because they are just dangerous and do nothing but cause trouble.
hosted.ap.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Cats are worse than rats...they depend on us for food and then still go out and kill anything they can get a hold of. What REALLY miffs me is that they crap in our flower beds until it stinks everytime it rains on a warm day.
They are like ungrateful morons with fur. The people across the street have FIVE and I intend to thin out that population at any opportunity. If you cannot have an animal that is as disgusting as cats are and keep it at YOUR house and crapping in YOUR yard...then the money I spent on night vision and a 22 pellet rifle was WELL SPENT.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
No problem with WILD animal hunting
Cat lover
Hater of disgusting threads
My cats are part of my family, they are lovable, playful and intelligent.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I can't believe this is still going on. This was going on about 5 years ago when I still lived there. I'm surprised the bill just hasn't bene stopped forever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join