It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix sucks - Punisher

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I just started to rewatch Punisher on netflix, can't believe this didn't get a third season.

Typical entertainment industry retardation. It's a great show and the best thing I've seen Jon do.

But, whatever, I guess they needed to free up funds for other garbage that nobody would watch.
edit on 3-11-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
There has to be a point where the poor guy has had enough of being near death, don't you think?

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
There has to be a point where the poor guy has had enough of being near death, don't you think?

Maybe, but seems the only way someone like him could live is to be near death.

?

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

?

Good point. The last theme was a bit out there though. I dunno, maybe it was just that I'm getting bored watching the leading man get shot, stabbed, beaten within an inch of his life and coming back stronger than ever over and over again. Yeah, I could just not watch them but it's really hard stopping a series in the middle. It's like edging only you don't get the same result.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I guess my issue with rewatching this on netflix is how they jumped ship from a much better show(storyline, acting, etc) for the others they chose to run with.

I've watched them all, Jessica Jones(Krysten is smoking hot, imo), Luke Cage. Yet the Best show they had, punisher, was short changed next to those two.

It just reeks of incompetence.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

?

Good point. The last theme was a bit out there though. I dunno, maybe it was just that I'm getting bored watching the leading man get shot, stabbed, beaten within an inch of his life and coming back stronger than ever over and over again. Yeah, I could just not watch them but it's really hard stopping a series in the middle. It's like edging only you don't get the same result.

It is a "superhero" show afterall. And while the longevity of the character starts to become questionable. In the case of the punisher it's much more realistic than either of the other shows the produce(mentioned above). There certainly is more depth to the character than either of the others they "went' with. In the end though I think none of them made it much more than 3 or 4 seasons. The punisher storyline and character was the only one that could have kept going,, even though it was the first to get cut loose.

Like I said, Typical of the entertainment industry.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I guess my issue with rewatching this on netflix is how they jumped ship from a much better show(storyline, acting, etc) for the others they chose to run with.

I've watched them all, Jessica Jones(Krysten is smoking hot, imo), Luke Cage. Yet the Best show they had, punisher, was short changed next to those two.

Agreed. I'm more of a fan of Rachel Taylor though.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Agreed. I'm more of a fan of Rachel Taylor though.

She was lovely in Jessica Jones.

Still, of all the three I mentioned from netfix i truly did "struggle" to watch through JJ and LC, Punisher was a true treat to watch. Seems logical that was the first on the chopping block......

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Odds are Marvel pulled all their content from Netflix so they can repackage these shows and push it through their network at a later date. Why continue to promote another service provider like Netflix when Disney and co. can be used?

DC Universe has upped the game in my opinion with shows like Titans, Swamp Thing and Doom Patrol drawing viewers to their network. I’m sure Marvel sees this too and wants some of that action, so bringing their tv line up to their own network is what I expect them to do.

I will be surprised if we’ve seen the last of Jon’s Frank Castle.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Odds are Marvel pulled all their content from Netflix so they can repackage these shows and push it through their network at a later date. Why continue to promote another service provider like Netflix when Disney and co. can be used?

DC Universe has upped the game in my opinion with shows like Titans, Swamp Thing and Doom Patrol drawing viewers to their network. I’m sure Marvel sees this too and wants some of that action, so bringing their tv line up to their own network is what I expect them to do.

You're probably right, but that is just more shortsightedness by these same execs.

People dumped cable and flocked to streaming services to cut costs. I, like many, dumped 100 dollar a month cable in favor of a "few" 10 dollar a month streaming services.

To think that everyone can just segment off into their own service and expect people to pay for a dozen separate services(totally a 100 month) to watch a handful of good shows is stupid.

I'll never pay for anything more than one or two, as I'm sure most others won't. It's kind of amusing how these corporate execs while "on the cutting edge" are always years behind.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

I'll never pay for anything more than one or two, as I'm sure most others won't. It's kind of amusing how these corporate execs while "on the cutting edge" are always years behind.

Exactly and im already about to cut netflix out, there is nothing new worth watching in their catalog and even the scifi stuff has been ruined with irrelevant sjw pc crap .

edit on 091130America/ChicagoSun, 03 Nov 2019 23:09:11 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

"Better Than Us" is good.

And "Spartacus" aka "The Early History of Republican Conservatism" is very good too.

I like "Magicians". The episode with the mosaic in season 3 tops them all!

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Don't make the mistake of thinking we viewers really matter. It's never about programming quality....it's about ad revenue.

Just because we like something...even millions of us...it's nothing compared to the other 10's of millions of us not watching these shows*, therefore not buying from sponsors.

*I produced a weekly variety TV show in the 70's...all about $$, believe it

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Marvel pulled all of their IP's from Netflix because they're owned by Disney and Disney is launching Disney + this month and intends to put all Marvel content there and on Hulu ( which they also own ).

It's up in the air right now but there are apparently negotiations to bring the actors from Netflix's iterations of Daredevil, Luke Cage and The Punisher to Disney +, in those same roles.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I'm watching season 2 right now and although it is kinda repeating what has gone on before, it is an alright watch. It does however remind me of a few films such as Terminator and Rambo!

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I did prefer Daredevil and actually do want a new season of this.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Like others have said. This is not a creativity issue. It is purely corporate shenanigans.

Now that Disney is launching Disney+. They have taken back their characters from Netflix.

Disney has also consolidated the movie and television and publishing branches of Marvel. Previously they were separated because Kevin Feige(movies) and Ike Perlmutter(everything else) did not get along. This led to the television side having less and less to do with the movie side. It was supposed to be an interconnected universe between movies and TV, but because of the feud, it barely was. The TV side even rushed out that horrible Inhumans show just to spite the movie side. Inhumans was originally announced as a movie.

That is all over now though. Disney has recently created a new title, Chief Creative Officer of Marvel. Which puts Kevin Feige in charge of everything Marvel. Which is why a bunch of new TV shows have been announced starring characters from the movies and pretty much all the old Marvel Television shows have been canceled.

The good news for you. The rumor going around is that Marvel wants to keep Charlie Cox as Daredevil, Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones, and Jon Bernthal as Punisher. Which means, because of the consolidation of Marvel and taking away from Netflix, that those character get to interact with the movie side and television side. Maybe even get movies of their own.

The bad news is more corporate shenanigans. Because of a clause in the contract between Netflix and Disney. The Netflix characters can not appear again on another service until 2 years after cancellation.

edit on 4-11-2019 by karmicecstasy because: Mickey Mouse is holding a gun to my head

top topics

join