It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just can't win

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

You get me! You really get me

It really is, one of the best scifi movies and an opus for someone who is pretty much just a popcorn flick action star guy(Luc).

It just had everything right going for it, great story, direction, actors, right time...everything.

Enjoy...
Because I might go see the new Terminator...... folks are begging me not to😆😆

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
So I didn't start drinking until "late"(er) tonight, yet somehow I'm drunk earlier than usual, while consuming at the same rate as usual.

I'm sure someone that's big on math could write up the formula for that, but I'm not going to bother.

This sounds like your 'Pyloric Sphincter' was holding back and suddenly opened when you scoffed popcorn, flooded the basement and ancillary digestive system.

My math ain't that good.

Bally

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

You get me! You really get me

It really is, one of the best scifi movies and an opus for someone who is pretty much just a popcorn flick action star guy(Luc).

It just had everything right going for it, great story, direction, actors, right time...everything.

Enjoy...
Because I might go see the new Terminator...... folks are begging me not to😆😆

Thanks,

As for the new terminator,

We all love a bit of pain every now and then, I guess if no one is around to give you a nice kick to the balls there is always the local cinema to do it for you.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

So I didn't start drinking until "late"(er) tonight, yet somehow I'm drunk earlier than usual, while consuming at the same rate as usual.

I'm sure someone that's big on math could write up the formula for that, but I'm not going to bother.

This sounds like your 'Pyloric Sphincter' was holding back and suddenly opened when you scoffed popcorn, flooded the basement and ancillary digestive system.

My math ain't that good.

Bally

Nice to know someone is looking out for my sphincter.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Remember, Biden used to get tipsy quite a bit and because of that he got a job as VP. I wonder if he used to Drink VP brandy, or maybe VSOP brandy.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The Fifth Element=Absolute genius.... and Leeloo? Be still my beating heart!

Seriously, anybody that hasn't seen it DO IT NOW!

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Osirisvset
The Fifth Element=Absolute genius.... and Leeloo? Be still my beating heart!

Seriously, anybody that hasn't seen it DO IT NOW!

It really is a solid top 10 for anyone(that has watched films for the past 30 years).

It's easy to focus on the lead like Bruce(80's and 90's front runner) and the unimaginable beauty of Mila, but then your hit with the "bit" parts of such heavyweights as gary oldman.

Honestly, while it may never hold up at the top of a century worth of cinema. It truly is a gem within it's decade and for the actors and for luc within their decades long careers.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Fifth element is good... But if I'm going Sci fi and Bruce Willis, thirteen monkeys all the way!

Either way, enjoy!

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Fifth element is good... But if I'm going Sci fi and Bruce Willis, thirteen monkeys all the way!

Either way, enjoy!

I'll give you that.

I think what's interesting and what we can both agree on is that when people think "90's action star" bruce willis. Most will think die hard(which are fantastic, by the way) but those with a bit more "taste" will talk of fifth element, twelve monkeys and possibly sixth sense.

He had more range than most would give him credit for. Either way, his screen presence was never in doubt.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Also "Doctor Strangelove" how I love learned...

Ok starting 5th Element...

Thanks MisterSpock

Next up my new SHUDDER free 7 day trial watching "CREEPSHOW" . 12 new Creepshow 1 hour episodes.

But not till I get The5th finished first.

Cheers Yinz!

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Lol, ruby rod.

That's what I love about this movie, I'd think most of these actors would agree no matter what part they played, it was a distinguishing point in their career.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Why do I always think thirteen monkeys? It's like one of my top ten movies, haha.

But yes... I can watch Die Hard and enjoy it, but he did have more range than people will give him credit for. We can add Sixth Sense to the Sci fi resume to him (which isn't one I'll watch over and over, but was great), Surrogates, and Looper.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Loved that movie too, but the ending was just TOO predictable I thought...

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Why do I always think thirteen monkeys? It's like one of my top ten movies, haha.

But yes... I can watch Die Hard and enjoy it, but he did have more range than people will give him credit for. We can add Sixth Sense to the Sci fi resume to him (which isn't one I'll watch over and over, but was great), Surrogates, and Looper.

Bruce is good and probably moreso if you were of age when he was at his peak. Though he still always delivers, even recently in the death wish remake(though he's no charlie b in that role).

Surrogates is a nice hidden gem, if not for bruce but for the look into our inevitable future of tech dystopia.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScrazzleBerry3

Loved that movie too, but the ending was just TOO predictable I thought...

You mean fifth element?

Well it was, essentially a love story, wrapped in some great scifi action drama. It was pretty evident even within the first 30 minutes.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

It's a chit chat post, so that above aside, being only used as a reason to open up a post and spur on some chit chat on a slow night on ATS(as far as I'm concerned, it's not the best hour for user interaction). Just place your thoughts as you see fit, a nice break from the never ending political and social commentary we are dosed with every day/all day online.

On the bright side, it's only 9:30 for me and I have enough time to catch one more movie before bedtime. I feel like watching a classic, maybe fifth element.

And what is your point?

Looks like you joined way after me and after I was let go.

Anyways, the civil war was not as it was betrayed. Got a new book called The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Civil War. Pretty interesting read so far.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

It's a chit chat post, so that above aside, being only used as a reason to open up a post and spur on some chit chat on a slow night on ATS(as far as I'm concerned, it's not the best hour for user interaction). Just place your thoughts as you see fit, a nice break from the never ending political and social commentary we are dosed with every day/all day online.

On the bright side, it's only 9:30 for me and I have enough time to catch one more movie before bedtime. I feel like watching a classic, maybe fifth element.

And what is your point?

Anyways, the civil war was not as it was betrayed. Got a new book called The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Civil War. Pretty interesting read so far.

Huh?

Seems like your the one with no point.

Did you read anything(either the OP or ANY response?).

What civil war, what the hell are you talking about?

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   

12 12 12!

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   

And what is your point?

Huh?

You didn't drunk post very well, and I was pointing that out.

BTW, the American civil war back in the 1800's.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

And what is your point?

Huh?

You didn't drunk post very well, and I was pointing that out.

BTW, the American civil war back in the 1800's.

www.amazon.com...

Err..Yup

I think you need to preread a bit more before positing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join