It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just can't win

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
So I didn't start drinking until "late"(er) tonight, yet somehow I'm drunk earlier than usual, while consuming at the same rate as usual.

I'm sure someone that's big on math could write up the formula for that, but I'm not going to bother.

It's a chit chat post, so that above aside, being only used as a reason to open up a post and spur on some chit chat on a slow night on ATS(as far as I'm concerned, it's not the best hour for user interaction). Just place your thoughts as you see fit, a nice break from the never ending political and social commentary we are dosed with every day/all day online.

On the bright side, it's only 9:30 for me and I have enough time to catch one more movie before bedtime. I feel like watching a classic, maybe fifth element.
edit on 2-11-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Sorry you can’t win but you’re a winner because you’re not out driving while drunk like so many people that have zero brains!

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
So odd choice, it came down to drinking more and watching fifth element, or drinking more and watching caddyshack.

I went with fifth element, if only bruce willis was in caddyshack...

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelofmercy

Sorry you can’t win but you’re a winner because you’re not out driving while drunk like so many people that have zero brains!

That's something social people do.

Us losers have no friends and therefor do most of our drinking alone, in the dark, with a lava lamp in the corner of the room as we pretend that we are so popular that our level of popularity actually dictates that we have no association with anyone as we drink massive amounts of liquor.

I know it sounds confusing and that the math doesn't work out, trust me, it does...somehow.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
You’re not a loser! Some people like to be alone and don’t really care if they have friends. I actually prefer to be alone but have a lot of friends. I don’t drink alone these days but I have in the past. If you love yourself who cares what others think! a reply to: MisterSpock

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Bill Murry or gtfo!

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Currently watching the Empire strikes back.
Mulling over if it's to late to start Jedi.

Cheeks are getting pink but not drunk yet...
7 and 7...

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If you just can't win then that makes you guess what. A loser. And you know who doesn't like losers don't you?

Donald Trump. So buck up there fella and start winning gain and all will be ok.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Bill Murry or gtfo!

If you take his initials BM and turn the M upside down you get BW, or bruce willis.

Do you think that's a coincidence?????????

I'm sorry if your head exploded right now.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
If you just can't win then that makes you guess what. A loser. And you know who doesn't like losers don't you?

Donald Trump. So buck up there fella and start winning gain and all will be ok.

Nice to see you broke with your programming and didn't bring up donald trump....

Ohh wait...what's this....

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Right!

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: RickyD

Right!

I saw you responded and knew what it was.

You're such a whore for bill murray, not saying there's anything wrong with that, just that you're so predictable.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

At this point: it should be rather difficult to argue that the universe doesn't just plain WANT you drunk.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

At this point: it should be rather difficult to argue that the universe doesn't just plain WANT you drunk.

Oddly enough, I am actually a "better" person after I've had a few(funnier, smarter and actually start to have "human" emotions).

I guess it's just what I'm meant to do/be.

What a crux to bare. Maybe I should start a go fund me to keep a steady stream of fine drinkables enroute in order to make me a better person.

link   

Time change tonight, one more hour to drink.

link   

Just found out my Uncle was DEEPLY INVOLVED in "OPERATION PHEONIX" during his career service. So after handing out Halloween candy on a delayed Halloween with a bonus FALLBACK time change tonight, I'll be imbibing some good spirits as well.

"The Fifth Element" is in my top 10 and will pop it in for the 500th time... great movie!

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Time change tonight, one more hour to drink.

Now that's thinking ahead....or back...or....whatever.

**get's in delorean and shuts door...**

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Just found out my Uncle was DEEPLY INVOLVED in "OPERATION PHEONIX" during his career service. So after handing out Halloween candy on a delayed Halloween with a bonus FALLBACK time change tonight, I'll be imbibing some good spirits as well.

"The Fifth Element" is in my top 10 and will pop it in for the 500th time... great movie!

It really is, one of the best scifi movies and an opus for someone who is pretty much just a popcorn flick action star guy(Luc).

It just had everything right going for it, great story, direction, actors, right time...everything.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Cheers!

Extra hour of sleep

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Cheers!

Extra hour of sleep

Thanks bill....