It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portion of Keystone Pipeline shut down after 380,000-gallon oil leak in North Dakota

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: machineintelligence

I would like to point out that there is over two million miles of oil and gas lines currently crisscrossing the country.
But this single thousand mile pipeline will destroy the world.

People don't think one will destroy the world. People are frustrated businesses get to express eminent domain to buy part of their land at market value, making it hard for them to sell and move once no one wants to live next to a pipeline.

Do these people get royalties? Nope. So they get screwed... And if a leak does happen, water can be tainted along with soil, or if it's natural gas and an anomaly happened with an explosion, a one mile~ blast radius can kill them.

They pay land owners for the use of the property. My aunt and uncle receive a check every month for use if their property. They regularly recieve a check for 8000.00. People make money if the pipeline is on your property.

TC energy is the canadian company and they even pay the state for transporting oil through it. What seems to be the problem is they used chinese steel and are dealing with that mistake. They have started a new program to xray the pipeline to replace sections before they fail.

Now here is what your not told its safer to transport oil by pipeline then trucks. Far more spils is spilled in truck accidents than in pipeline ruptures. For example this latest spill is about half an olympic size pool. They will go to the location dig up the dirt and remove the oil. Cleanups on highways are no where near this through. They pick up what they can with sand ,Then simply wash the area with soap and water and get traffic going again.

Eight grand a month?

Where can I sign up to have a pipeline run through my yard?

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I probably spoke in absolutes which is a huge no no.

But the pipeline here, mountain valley pipeline paid the current land value and no owners are getting royalties... Then again our govoner and many state legislators were invested in the company prior to the decision... So there's that.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It was not sabatage, it was some sort of failure.

I wonder if it was in the area where the native Americans were worried about it screwing up the environment? Probably, they probably sensed that they would somehow screw them over by dumping a bunch of poison on the land.

The one that was being protested and was huge in the news in 2016 was a new offshoot of this Keystone pipeline called the Keystone XL.

Regardless, these things piss me off. Brings a ton of money here but, you know, water is nice... Tough to maintain and watch that many miles of pipe.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I would like to point out that there is over two million miles of oil and gas lines currently crisscrossing the country.
But this single thousand mile pipeline will destroy the world.

You seem to know the oik biz may I ask in a sealed system under pressure how does it leak and where could it of leaked at?

A pipe can burst or a joint can fail.
Most pipelines have access openings that are exposed too..
Hard to say where this popped.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Gas is down to almost $2/gal in our area so something had to happen to boost it back up. All it takes is someone to sneeze the wrong way somewhere around the world and gas goes back up for a while.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The ground can settle or move and it can cause a problem with a pipeline. The water underneath the ground in aqueducts can leach out into springs and the level of the ground can sometimes drop considerably in a few years. The pipes are made to flex somewhat but if the ground changes rapidly, the joints or pipe itself may get compromised.

Usually the ground settles low, but sometimes it goes down quick. You can also have glacial rebound that pushes the land up. Or just seizmic activity in some areas. My back yard sunk about three feet in the thirty years we have been here, the sinking occurred over the underground river that feeds the streams. Hopefully that does not mean my well will go dry in the near future, it is in that underground river.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 2-11-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

It's just greed and most of this stuff is done on purpose.

How so?

How? Sabotage? Insiders? people who want others to suffer? People who want land?

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Gas is down to almost $2/gal in our area so something had to happen to boost it back up. All it takes is someone to sneeze the wrong way somewhere around the world and gas goes back up for a while.

Gas is over $4 per gallon in most parts of California.

Here's what's sinister, and that's putting it lightly. Oil companies never really lose anything. If oil is too low, gas prices go up to compensate. If there's an accident, fire, leak whatever, the expense is squarely shouldered by the consumer.

Seems the banking cartel taught the oil guys a thing or two..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join