It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Realising the present...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hey, hope you are all doing well with what life throws at you?

Been pondering for a while on something that might seem simple but when realised can be life changing.

Lately almost everything I have heard come from the mouths of others is to do with the past or worrying about the future in some way.

I started asking, why talk about the past, why worry about what the future brings etc. Resulted in quite a few hostile arguments with folks becoming defensive to say the least

So, I stopped asking. Never wanted to offend anyone but it was bugging me for a long time why people focus so much on the past or future and I could not figure out why looking outward for answers.

Was sitting on my own late at night and found myself listening to my own worries that were all to familiar. Past mistakes, fears and thoughts of the future.
I realised, that I always do this too, but never noticed it quite so consciously before. What a hypocrite having asked why anyone else does this too?

Thought, why does my mind flood me with this stuff so often, and why do I get so caught up in it to the point that I notice it only now after asking others?

I decided to stop my thoughts... yet the more I tried to stop them, the more all sorts of memories and worries flooded into my mind, an almost overwhelming flood of everything from the past and worries about the future filled in with musical nonsense!

It struck me!

I cannot possibly be my mind, if I cannot dictate and control what it does, even more so given that it gets worse anytime I try to control it.

I must be something separate from my mind.
I can sit back and observe all of this and choose to acknowledge or not.
If I choose not to focus on it, what am I doing?

Living in the present moment.

Past/Future = Mind/Ego/Defence

Present = Self/Observer/Reality

Anyways im sure others have figured this out, there is plenty of reading material on the subject too and no doubt people will quote others without realisation as I used to do. Just sharing my own realisation of something personal that has taken me a long time to begin to grasp. So simple on the surface but so difficult to experience and realise with all the distractions especially these days.

So, I guess it all boils down to saying something real in the moment...

Hello!

edit on 1-11-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

Learn from the past.
Plan for the future.
Live in the present.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

The ancient Greeks and Hebrews understood that the mind and heart are two separate entities. The heart is the source of free will (or random action if you prefer), and the mind is more like a drawing board for the imagination of the heart.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

You are on the right path.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

The past is a memory, the future is a dream. Right now is a gift, that is why it's called the present.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Learn from the past.
Plan for the future.
Live in the present.

Pray for the best
Prepare for the worst.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift -- that's why it's called The Present!

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Around this time i cpme inside for dinner a shower then bed. In anticipation of fallim asleep do visit ats while ache all over.. It doesnt feel to baf but fake news etc usually ruin the day

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   

The strangest thing about mind is the way we remember experiences. It's almost as if the experience doesn't exist as a memory in our minds. It's more like the when we remember our minds time travel to the actual experience. Whatever creates our next thought in the future and whatever brings back our experiences of the past is operating outside the mind. It seems to me our minds are more like analog radio receivers than a computer. And each of our brains is like a fingerprint so we only receive the signals that match our brains signatures.

There's a strange mind-like quality to the Universe. Whatever retrieves your memory, whatever generates your next thought in your head, it seems to be the very same IT the decides something is being observed in a double slit type experiment. It is the same IT the decides the precise moment Uranium is to decay.

Take the Newton's first law or the law of inertia. Once an object is pushed into motion the object changes relative to everything in the Universe. The object is NOT physically changed as far as we know. So where is the information stored or located that a particular object is now in motion. Whatever decides the next location of an object and all the factors going into determining the next location does not seem to exist in reality. Reality has its own mind.

I think our mind is a radio receiver tied into whatever the mind is in the Universe faithfully carrying out the laws of physics. It's almost as if the past, present, and future ALL exist at once and what our mind experiences as time is like a rogue wave convergence of many different waves of energy coming together as we travel along the signal being received by our brains.

edit on 2-11-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Have you heard what Dr David R Hawkins says about "observeringness' in this video? (it is just 2 min long)

edit on 2-11-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Learn from the past.
Plan for the future.
Live in the present.

It is impossible to know what will happen next..... yet the mind tries to make you feel secure by making things up..... it produces all sorts of scenarios.

Mark Twain said 'I have lived through some terrible things in my life..... some of which actually happened.'

The mind can produce much fear in the body as it imagines the future.... so does not actually aid in making you feel secure.

The mind speaks about 'what is not happening'...... the cure is to look now at 'what is happening'......

But what is happening is too boring.... the mind makes problems so it can problem solve.

What's wrong (or right) with right now?

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The end of time is the end of the one who hoped

Is the illusion of a separate you ready to die?

The reason why people find this message offensive is that the mind made separate me does not want to be dethroned.
Mind is not King.

new topics

top topics

join