It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the police destroy your house in pursuit of a suspect; Should they pay?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: sean

Except that’s not what happened.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Agreed. I am hoping if they have a "next time" it goes more smoothly. A good negotiator probably would have helped.

The homeowner sounds like a dud too but that's another discussion.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

and several other charges including attempted murder of a police officer. did you not read the story? or are you one of those that think that criminals should just be allowed to get away with everything.

No, I don't believe that at all, but the police shouldn't get away with what they did either.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Collateral damage. I guess.

Good thing no one got killed. All in all. But I know I would be pissed.

Who was it who decided, "meh, he's got insurance."

edit on 11/4/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

pitiful, don't even believe the lying media when facts have already been verified.

edit on 5-11-2019 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

pitiful, don't even believe the lying media when facts have already been verified.

I'll reiterate, I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing what the facts was. I was agreeing with what you said that criminals shouldn't get away. I disagree with massive collateral damage is all.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
That is really all I was saying as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

A federal appeals court in Colorado ruled Tuesday that a local police department does not have to compensate a homeowner whose house was destroyed by 19 hours of gunfire between officers and an armed shoplifting suspect who had chosen to barricade himself inside to evade arrest.

Colorado homeowner owed nothing after police SWAT shootout destroys his house, federal court rules

But now it was just a neighborhood crime scene, the suburban home where an armed Walmart shoplifting suspect randomly barricaded himself after fleeing the store on a June afternoon in 2015. For 19 hours, the suspect holed up in a bathroom as a SWAT team fired gas munition and 40-millimeter rounds through the windows, drove an armored vehicle through the doors, tossed flash-bang grenades inside and used explosives to blow out the walls.

Police blew up an innocent man’s house in search of an armed shoplifter. Too bad, court rules.

A walmart shoplifter, who barricaded themselves in a house, warranted a 19 hour gun battle that destroyed this man's home. Is a shoplifter, especially a walmart shoplifter, worth such an effort to apprehend? What did he steal? A steak, some trash bags, or a $20 iphone cable? Doesn't matter! He stole and come hell or high water we'll blow up a $500,000 dollar home to get him!

I wonder how the judge who ruled the city doesn't owe would feel if I barricaded myself in the judges house for 19 hours causing it's complete destruction.

Yeah...only in CO 😐😒 over ran with gangs and crims, doesn’t surprise me

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join