It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween - and the Day an Ancient World was Destroyed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   
christians act like nothing happened before the jews, like the jews and their bible has always been around, which means everything is a perversion of something that the jews originated.

guess what. this isnt true.

cultures and gods have existed since 50,000 years (prehistory) bce. best estimate is that the jews came on the scene in 1500 bce.
the oldest recorded religious text is from the egyptians at 2400-2300 bce.
edit on 31-10-2019 by stormson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Your post reminded me of this.

I recommend this movie for Halloween if you haven't seen it.

edit on 1-11-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   
The JW's are hard to get away from if you ever agree to a few Bible studies with them.

I don't think they take all those holidays away to take kids fun away, they really believe they are out of the will of God to partake in those traditions and that's what they are taught by their superiors. Most people in general love their own children more than they love life its self. With or without religion they would not withhold any good thing from them.

The only one of their rules I can kind of sympathise with them a little bit is with birthdays. You can only attend so many birthday parties. So little cousins and nephews and brother and sisters grand babies birthdays I don't even try to attend.
There's no way you could make them all.

Any how not one soul nocked on our door last night. Its just as well we would have just had candy left over to eat.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormson
christians act like nothing happened before the jews, like the jews and their bible has always been around, which means everything is a perversion of something that the jews originated.

guess what. this isnt true.

cultures and gods have existed since 50,000 years (prehistory) bce. best estimate is that the jews came on the scene in 1500 bce.
the oldest recorded religious text is from the egyptians at 2400-2300 bce.
I find it funny how the Abrahamic religions all claim that all the older religions worship evil satan yet they are the religions that only worship one god. Only an evil god would want to punish people for worshiping someone else.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Double post.
edit on 1-11-2019 by Xabi87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
And yet, Christmas, Jay-C supposed birthday, kills far more trees. I know Jesus was a carpenter by trade, but dam.
edit on 1-11-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

The arguments against Bdays are ridiculous, most likely included because they want your money to go to the congregation versus yourself.

Halloween though, oh my, you are a terrible Christian if you take part in the fun. Glad to be free of JW shackles so I can celebrate whatever holiday pleases me.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: EdgeofParadise

Unfortunately, you lose the connection of Halloween in your theories timeline with the fallen angels and cover that up with religious dogma.
Not good in terms of what is true and false in history

He won’t be back, doesn’t want to converse with us heathen

It’s another Thursday hit and run. Happens every week. Long winded post with only source material from JW.ORG. Writes the OP, then disappears. I wonder how much time he is counting for himself? He doesn’t even respond to posters.

See ya next Thursday for another one of your one way convos, Edge.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Okay, let's assume that our modern day Halloween does have roots that go back to the mythic flood and that a part of that flood was a war within the angel ranks.
First you are wrong to assume that only the fallen angels and their horde was wiped out. Angel fought angel, the casualties were on both sides.
But for those humans that would have survived this war, they would have had a traumatic experience. They would have seen their families, their friends, their neighbors, die in the chaos created by the gods. It was such a traumatic experience that remnants of the story has been passed down to this day within the legends of different groups the world over. And, just like we didnt mark 9/11 as a celebration of the evil that hit us on that day, I highly doubt that they would have been celebrating any of the actions of the gods and Angel's that were involved in that war.

What Halloween has evolved into since then, just like what the stories as to what happened way back then has grown into.. are just the remnants of a history that is lost to us and shouldn't be taken literally.
Obviously more than just Noah and his family survived since there are stories of giants after the flood. People survived, people were traumatized, peopke were left to mourn the loss and explain the unexplainable.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Someone lied to you years ago and you are viewing life through their lies

Having fun, getting lollies is not worship

No I lived a life and learned.
I read the bible I realize God does not share worship.
I don't judge anyone but I have judged Halloween, Samhain and its deep dark roots.

So people go out in the night and greatly gather commercial sweets to may big corp wealthy for how long? Age 4-11?
So giving up 7 nights of their lives is so difficult, what did Jesus give up.

Life is very short, it passes very fast, the false holy days once a year are few and caused a lot of pain and misery but to the greedy who use it to cause themselves to grow rich and others to go into debt. People can meet their Families and eat, gather without some telling what they should eat that day and what they should do as ceremony.

edit on 1-11-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
OP is a JW. M'kay.

And now that everyone knows that, we all know not to take a damn thing he says remotely seriously ever again. Any dolt that thinks commemorating their own birth & existence is a bad thing doesn't deserve listened to anyway.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

On the night of October 31 they celebrated Samhain, when it was believed that the ghosts of the dead returned to earth.

It is worship of the dead.

All Hallow’s Eve derives itself from the sanctified term hallow, or “holy”, as is recited in the Lord's Prayer "Hallowed be thy name".

The 31st of October also became a time for paying homage to the Sun God Baal, who had given the ripened grain for safe storage. A week later, the Celts’ Indo-European cousins in India celebrate Diwali, which is their New Year’s festival that honors the safe return from the dark forest of the celestial couple Rama and Sita.

The Celtic peoples celebrated four fire festivals since fire was considered by them to be a physical symbol of everlasting divinity: (1) Samhain, the most important of the fire festivals, for it marked summer's end and the coming of the Celtic New Year, (2) Candlemas, (3) Beltainne, and (4) Lughnasadh.

Both Samhain and the Beltainne represented mystical figures suspended in time, and both allowed the living access to the realms of the dead denominated Tir na n'Og. Since those departed ones who had traversed beyond the land of the living could provide information on both past or future events to those left living, the practice of divination and occult wanderings thus began and subsequently became associated with Samhain.

www.linguatics.com...

"Druid"

(Celtic: “Knowing [or Finding] the Oak Tree”), member of the learned class among the ancient Celts. They seem to have frequented oak forests and acted as priests, teachers, and judges. The earliest known records of the Druids come from the 3rd century BCE.

Druids built huge sacred bonfires, where the people gathered to burn crops and animals as sacrifices to the Celtic deities. During the celebration, the Celts wore costumes, typically consisting of animal heads and skins, and attempted to tell each other’s fortunes.

www.history.com...

After the harvest work was complete, celebrants joined with Druid priests to light a community fire using a wheel that would cause friction and spark flames. The wheel was considered a representation of the sun and used along with prayers. Cattle were sacrificed, and participants took a flame from the communal bonfire back to their home to relight the hearth.

Early texts present Samhain as a mandatory celebration lasting three days and three nights where the community was required to show themselves to local kings or chieftains. Failure to participate was believed to result in punishment from the gods, usually illness or death.

www.history.com...

According to Julius Caesar, who is the principal source of information about the Druids, there were two groups of men in Gaul that were held in honour, the Druids and the noblemen (equites). Caesar related that the Druids took charge of public and private sacrifices, and many young men went to them for instruction.

The first was Feralia, a day in late October when the Romans traditionally commemorated the passing of the dead. The second was a day to honor Pomona, the Roman goddess of fruit and trees. The symbol of Pomona is the apple, and the incorporation of this celebration into Samhain probably explains the tradition of bobbing for apples that is practiced today on Halloween.

The Druids offered human sacrifices for those who were gravely sick or in danger of death in battle. Huge wickerwork images were filled with living men and then burned; although the Druids preferred to sacrifice criminals, they would choose innocent victims if necessary.

Caesar is the chief authority, but he may have received some of his facts from the Stoic philosopher Poseidonius, whose account is often confirmed by early medieval Irish sagas. Caesar’s description of the annual assembly of the Druids and their election of an arch-Druid is also confirmed by an Irish saga.

www.britannica.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Seawothy,

I, like most people, don’t have enough fun. So when fun is there to be had, take it and relish it.

I spent 22 years in the dogmatic JW religion. Where is your point of reference?

Wondering where do you than draw the line.

At people on the internet who prefer to judge others by ruining innocent fun rather than accept that their tiny world view is as pretentious as it is misguided by dogma.

I don't know why people have to push their expectations on others. Seems rant worthy and you thought so too, but I suppose judging isn't bad as long as you're the one doing it.

Why is giving one's point of view and sharing their knowledge any different for me than for you?
How is it that telling you the truth as I see it from my many years of study is "ruining" anything.
Do as you will we each make our beds and lie in them so why am I the one who should not say what feel needs to be said and you can.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: SeaWorthy

You lost me at ‘The scriptures say’.

It was not me that lost you.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: QuietSpeech
a reply to: Trucker1

The arguments against Bdays are ridiculous, most likely included because they want your money to go to the congregation versus yourself.

Halloween though, oh my, you are a terrible Christian if you take part in the fun. Glad to be free of JW shackles so I can celebrate whatever holiday pleases me.

Even Jesus did not tell us to celebrate his birthday.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

At people on the internet who prefer to judge others by ruining innocent fun rather than accept that their tiny world view is as pretentious as it is misguided by dogma.

Interesting that you sit and judge while saying this. I guess your not on the internet, your world is the big, unpretentious and well guided one and of course you don't judge,

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EdgeofParadise

"No; but I say that what the nations sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons and not to God; and I do not want you to become sharers with the demons.  You cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; you cannot be partaking of “the table of Jehovah” and the table of demons.  Or ‘are we inciting Jehovah to jealousy’? We are not stronger than he is, are we?"-1 Corinthians 10:20-22.

To pagan and witches who celebrate the ancient druidic festivals, either unknowingly or knowingly to Satan who is behind the rites of spiritism it is good to take note of the words:

"10 There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, anyone who employs divination, anyone practicing magic, anyone who looks for omens, a sorcerer,  anyone binding others with a spell, anyone who consults a spirit medium or a fortune-teller, or anyone who inquires of the dead. For whoever does these things is detestable to Jehovah, and on account of these detestable practices Jehovah your God is driving them away from before you."-Deuteronomy 18:10-12.

You can't apply the above out of context like that. Both are referring to people actively, knowingly sacrificing to their gods. These are pagans.

Halloween isn't a holiday where we worship gods, demons, devils, the dead or sacrificing our children to Willy Wonka. Do you think that your average person who trick or treats with their kids know or even care to know about ancient traditions of other cultures, dead civilizations, pagan gods? No, they're simply enjoying a day with their children.

Sadly, it sometimes takes these kinds of holidays for people to actually spend quality time with their children. In a child's eyes, this is a fascinating and fun day. Candy! Yay!

No children's blood in my cookies.....

May as well as get rid of all holidays, birthdays, TVs... errrr Don't JW's already do that? ....or did the times change and they become a little more modern. Oh no'ws! Careful. They might start enjoying holidays some day with the rest of us heathens....

edit on 1-11-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: KKLOCO

Your post reminded me of this.

I recommend this movie for Halloween if you haven't seen it.

LOL. Just watched this clip. I've heard even more ridiculous statements made about the JWs. Cotton candy, Roller coaster rides...sadly many people grew up with this sort of lying propoganda and belived, and still believe it.

I remember people at school saying the most ridiculous things about JWs when I was a kid...you guys can't drink soda pop, you guys don't believe in Jesus...you guys can't listen to music, you guys can't use technology, use guys can't dance...etc. etc.

The mental picture in the people in general because of the tremendous amount of ignorance and lies *most people just tend to believe anything they're told, and others are insidious liars that tell them what to believe).

I had to call my kids and wife over to watch that clip so we could all have a laugh. Not at the ignorance of the people, but because of the ridiculousness of that scene.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Your organisation is terrified of a few door knockers

Ironically that kinda goes both ways. How often do you open your door for JWs and Mormons
?

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

good movie.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join