It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's See Your Pumpkins.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
My wife loves Halloween. So for the past few years I have been carving pumpkins from those kits you buy. It has become a tradition. This one took about an hour to carve. It was pretty meditative. I am hoping some little hooligan comes by tonight and smashes it to pieces. The pumpkin came from the earth and that way it can return to the earth.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Awesome pumpkin.

I’ll copy that next year.

(And if I can upload a pic I’ll show you mine ).

edit on 31-10-2019 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

They’re not mine. They’re a local street who go all out.
edit on 31-10-2019 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Wow...……..wish I had that kind of talent.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Oh, you meant actual pumpkins!

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Yes you are correct...………..wink wink !!

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
I am hoping some little hooligan comes by tonight and smashes it to pieces.

A person after my own heart!

Good neighbor - laughs and takes joy in the neighborhood kids pranks.
Bad neighbor - blows a gasket if a child writes wash me on the back of their dirty car.

I sadly have no pumpkin this time. Don't know why, just never got around to it. I am soooooooooo ashamed.

I can however share the ultimate Alaskan pumpkin. This 2,051 lb state record holder from this year would keep the kids busy smashing something.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

You would have to smash that pumpkin with a train.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
You guys might enjoy seeing this. It is held annually at a park zoo here in Rhode Island. They try not to have less that 5000 jack o lanterns.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks for sharing Star. That was awesome. Be neat to see in person.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks for sharing Star. That was awesome. Be neat to see in person.

I saw it one year and it was absolutely amazing! Trails with every kind of artwork carved into the pumpkins, some music in areas, even hanging from trees. I had never seen anything like that. The lines to get in snaked around and were really long, but they had some people in costumes to come around and entertain us and we got to meet and talk with the people in line with us. FUN!

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I think our candy cauldron might have been more impressive than my pumpkin carving! 😂

(Picture may or may not be upside-down, 🤷🏻‍♂️ Lol)

We still have half of this lot (wifey took over distribution duties and she's tight 😜)

It was a fun evening as always, I got one of the lasers out and some led wash lights on the outside walls, it draws them in like moths (Ok, that sounds wierd)

Lol 🙂 🍻

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

I always tell the wife when there is a half hour left for trick or treating start doubling up on the giving if there is too much candy left. Surprised we got as many kiddies as we did with it being about 30 degrees.

Love the pumpkin.

edit on 1-11-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I know this gal who carves these fantastic pumpkins. I mean they are utterly spectacular. She's a master at pumpkin carving and has won many a contest. A lot of times you can't even tell what the carving is...until you turn the light on inside. Unlike my hatchet jobs in the past, this gal has mastered the art of cutting just enough of the rind of the pumpkin off so light will shine through it in varying shades. It's absolutely stunning to see her work. I'd post some pictures, but I think they might be copyrighted (and she's an attorney!)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

I hate it when wifey takes over, she has this odd 'take a couple' attitude, whereas much to the annoyance of parents, I'm the guy who says 'Nah mate! Tuck-in! Grab a handful!'

We don't usually get left with this many sweets, I'll have to dispose of them somehow, because like heck are my kids eating all that, teeth are bloody expensive! 😂

🍻

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

If we have to much left over candy I just take it to work. The team will eat it. The scavengers clean it up pretty good.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I didn't carve this year, but I did eat an entire pumpkin pie to myself over the course of 2 days... I love that stuff!!!

On my walk this morning I passed one of my neighbor's creations - he's a quirky older gentleman who might be "on the spectrum" or just an absent minded professor or mad scientist... I'm not really sure, but he's different and I like him!

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

I to love pumpkin pie along with apple pie. Your neighbors pumpkin is pretty cool looking. Love the peppers for eyes. Wonder what he is going for symbolically with that.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Would love to see some of those pictures. Slip her a twenty...…….what lawyer doesn't love money.

edit on 1-11-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

top topics

join