It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama: White people are 'still running' from minority communities

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Can't blame them. White kids want to play sports to you know. Almost no white child has a shot in hell of making the team with all those black kids. Think JFK or Biden would have been great HS and College athletes if they had to play against black kids. No way jose.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Do we have to have the crime discussion again.

Rhetorical.

That community is in deep denial about the truth.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Colonialism causes hurricanes?

W H U T ? !

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

W H U T ? !

She is bonkers.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

W H U T ? !

She is bonkers.

Aren't they all. The entire lot. Crackers, as in crazy.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Can't blame them. White kids want to play sports to you know. Almost no white child has a shot in hell of making the team with all those black kids. Think JFK or Biden would have been great HS and College athletes if they had to play against black kids. No way jose.

If the students had to actually attend classes and get passing grades the white kids would probably be just fine.
But anyway..

I remember Charles Barkley telling a story about talking to high school students.
He would ask a predominantly black school how many wanted to be pro athletes when they got older and 90% raise their hands.
The same question to a predominantly white school got only a few raised hands.

Totally different mindsets.

edit on 31-10-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I think the perception in the black community is that that is the only way a black kid can escape the ghetto.

It's a self-defeating attitude. Until that and a few other things change within the black community there will always be a disparity.

It can't be done from outside of the community. Change can only come from within. Until gangs and drugs and other things are viewed from the logical perspective nothing will improve.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

The ones that do succeed using their minds are chastised for acting white.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Perhaps there would be less racism Michelle if you united people instead of pitting them against each other. This whites against blacks mentally is crazy. There are whites against whites, blacks against blacks, and every combination of people against other people. It is up to the population to open their minds and heart, accept and help each other. There will always be bad people, stay away from them or fight against them simply because they are bad people. Color makes no difference. We all bleed red.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

If the students had to actually attend classes and get passing grades the white kids would probably be just fine.
But anyway..

I remember Charles Barkley telling a story about talking to high school students.
He would ask a predominantly black school how many wanted to be pro athletes when they got older and 90% raise their hands.
The same question to a predominantly white school got only a few raised hands.

Totally different mindsets.

Kids have better odds of being neurosurgeons than being a pro-athlete. The problem is athletics and entertainment are celebrated, but also very visible.

It is hard to aspire to work on Wall Street, be an engineer, computer programmer, etc if you never see those people in a context that you can relate to...

Black kids in the hood view sports and entertainment as a "way out"....

Poor Asian kids view education / science as a "way out"....

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If they had a choice, why would anybody want to live somewhere they don't feel welcome?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
"I can't explain what's happening in your head, but maybe if I show up every day as a human, a good human"

This is advice all people can adhere to and I think if everyone took that advice the world would be a much better place.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It blows my mind how some people are stone cold blind to the hypocrisy of these people.

Hey, Michelle, why didn't YOU and Barry go live in Elijah Cummings' district and help improve it. Too bad your children are now grown, because it would have been nice if such lovely young ladies could have attended the high schools in Cummings' district and contributed to their improvement and quality of the student body!

She's obsessed with her blackness and thinks every white American is, too. Uh...no. We are not.

Her college thesis was on racial divide, and that's all she can see and feel and hear. If she were president, we would have to listen to it for years. I, for one, have had enough of it.

edit on 31-10-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It's so comforting to know that Michelle would never run from her community on the South Side of Chicago where she grew up.

Here's her new pad... must be right where she grew up...

She has such integrity, she just refuses to be a '1%er'. You go girl. Yay.

edit on 31/10/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

She reminds me of Lauren Hill...

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Here's her new pad

Isn't that just one of three?

Hypocrite. Listen to her. She puts herself in a separate category then deigns to criticize others for what she herself has done.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Black kids from the hood, yep. You get the immigrant families from some of the African countries in there though, it's just like the poor Asian kids. It's a completely cultural thing.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Creep Thumper

The ones that do succeed using their minds are chastised for acting white.

I know and that attitude is insane.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
"I can't explain what's happening in your head, but maybe if I show up every day as a human, a good human"

This is advice all people can adhere to and I think if everyone took that advice the world would be a much better place.

Ummm...except...a "good human"...is also an apex predator...a top of the food chain...lactating...territorial...mammal...

An animal in fact...one of the myriad species of mammalian animals that inhabit this world...

So...which of these..."good humans"...are practicing their natures more fully...?

Is it the gang banger protecting his/her turf while exemplifying survival of the fittest...or is it those who choose to flee in order to protect their familial unit's...and practice their own smaller subset territorial nature's...

Just as the good former first spouse...espoused...and exemplified in the statements of the former first spouse...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

a reply to: ChefFox

Didn't she send her kids to private schools?
Doesn't she have a home in Martha's Vineyard?

Anyway.
Hell yeah white people are running away from black communities.
Anybody will the ability would.

Gotta ask yourself, why Martha's Vineyard and not Chicago?
In fact, what does it say when even black families that can move, do, and live in the burbs?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join