It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama: White people are 'still running' from minority communities

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox
Michelle Obama: The same hypocrite today as she was yesterday, and the day before, and...

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
She is one to talk, her parents moved to better neighborhoods just like white people avoid the neighborhoods with troublesome youth in them. It isn't color that is the problem, it is piggy and lazy people or the youth coming in with their parents that cause problems in a lot of areas.
Around here, you can own a house in a great neighborhood and within five years lots of the people decided to move, some because they were old and couldn't live alone or without help, others because they found a deal on their dream house or they built a new home. When you get a bad neighbor, it sucks. Their yard gets trashed, they have a couple of dogs in the yard and never pick up the poop. It starts to stink and bbqing becomes sickening and you can't even open the windows because of the smell on their side of the house. Or they don't clean up the yard where their trash can is after the raccoon tears up the garbage. Or they blow their snow onto your driveway, that really sucks.

Not many blacks around here, but we do have bad neighbors sometimes. And they bitch if you say something about their poor habits.

Been there a couple of times in my life, having a bad neighbor can suck. Birds of a feather often flock together too, one comes into the neighborhood and then their friends decide to move nearby, friends that are just as bad as they are. I am sure that I was not a good neighbor when I was younger, I had a couple of built up cars and worked on them till three in the morning sometimes. Then I would go out and test the modifications, there were not cops out at three in the morning. Pipes rapping, tires smoking and squeeling. Enough noise to wake the dead.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
NO DOUBT! Hypocrite "hits the nail on the head"!!
Heck, i'd even go as far to say she's still the same hypocrite going back as far as her days on the Oregon St. football team, smashing runningbacks just as all linebackers do -

→The OSU Head Coach prob still shouts:
"GOOD FORM-TACKLING BIG-MIKE, KEEP IT UP❗ 🏈
Ya BEST SQUARE THEM SHOULDERS UP at the point of contact Mike! C'mon now, YOU CAN DO IT❗Lets run it again boys❗🏈🏈

I gotta ask this cuz its just SOOO FITTING here: ... can there be a BIGGER HYPOCRITE than BIG-MIKE!?
• I'd have to say, THAT'S just GOTTA be history's BIGGEST hypocrite move EVER, doesnt it!?
👍👍 😄😀

a reply to: Klassified

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The one and only answer is:

The truth hurts

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
She said a couple of things in the interview that stuck out to me and shows how disconnected from reality a lot of liberals / progressives are in regards to their policies.

1) Better Schools: She said the motivation for moving was better schools. So in other words, she is admitting public school system is a failure. People move so their kids can attend better school systems. For all intents and purposes this is school choice. However, because Democrats are against school choice since they are beholden to the teachers unions she can't see the irony in this statement. Not only that, Sasha and Malia attended Hyde Park Academy when they lived in Chicago, an elite private school.

2) Declining Neighborhood: This is the one that is funny to me. It is almost like she is admitting the white people made the community better. In other words, when white people left the community declined. As I pointed out, for this to be true, it means that the black people that moved in had to bring crime and other issues with them that made the neighborhood worse. Deep down, she knows this is true.

3) Upward Mobility: She acts like black people don't move to better neighborhoods. We do all the time. Most people move to communities they can afford. I am a 1%. I live in a very diverse community, but by in large, most of my neighbors are white. However, what we share in common are similar social values which by in large are tied to income and education.

One of the reasons the black community is in shambles is that by in large, any black person with the means available to them move out of the community. Back in the day, it used to be it didn't matter that you were a Doctor or Lawyer, etc. You still had to live in a black neighborhood due to segregation and racism. However, in a way, this actually was a benefit to the black community because it insured even those who were less successful had exposure to role models.

The reality though is NOBODY wants to live around Pookie and 'Em. Black or white.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Hell yeah white people are running away from black communities.
Anybody will the ability would.

Yeah, especially black people.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

So, why did she and her little hubby move to a black neighborhood when they left the White House?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Michelle is still out there trying to fan the flames of racism I see... Poor fella, he'll never amount to crap in the eyes of normal people.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The only time the Obama's are in a black hood anymore is for a photo op.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
you guys have it hard for ol' Mike

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Can you imagine hating someone so much for the color of their skin? Michelle needs help.

That's why democrats hated Martin Luther King. That's why democrats hated the Civil Rights Act. There's a reason democrats started the KKK and Jim Crow Law. Ain't a damn thing changed.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
As a white person who lived in Crown Heights and Bedford–Stuyvesant, Brooklyn.. I can understand why white people flee minority communities.

Their kids run amok, and white people are just a target for them. Never had a problem with an adult in a "minority community"... it was always some teenager or early 20something.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

This happened during the 60s mostly, when cities like Detroit were sanctuary cities for blacks to have basic civil rights.
Problem was, most companies and businesses didnt hire them and they were segregated into their own little commonusties again. This caused rampant poverty and crime. And it echoed into the 80s and 90s. Then well you know, the rust belt went bust and it just snow balled. By time all this happened white people were long gone moved on.

That's what michelle was talking about.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Um.... Mike doesn't even know what sex he is.
And yes inner city black neighborhood are not safe for whites.
Major cultural problem.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

In some neighborhoods minorities move in because the neighborhood is going down hill. Minorities arriving can mean property prices are falling and are this more affordable.

The white people aren't leaving because minorities are arriving they are leaving because a good neighborhood is going bad.

In these cases the minorities who were already there will often leave as well.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
maybe if white folks should become wannabe's and make up for it with denial

edit on 31-10-2019 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

This happened during the 60s mostly, when cities like Detroit were sanctuary cities for blacks to have basic civil rights.
Problem was, most companies and businesses didnt hire them and they were segregated into their own little commonusties again. This caused rampant poverty and crime. And it echoed into the 80s and 90s. Then well you know, the rust belt went bust and it just snow balled. By time all this happened white people were long gone moved on.

That's what michelle was talking about.

Not really. It isn't that complex. It was basically black people moving in and white people moving out.

A good example of this is the Austin community in Chicago. Austin is on the west side of Chicago. It is one of the most violent/dangerous neighborhoods in the city of Chicago. Currently leading in "scoring" YTD for murders... the population now is almost 100% black. In 1930 it is .01% black. The neighborhood actually used to be a middle class white neighborhood up until the late 60s.

As black people moved in, the white residents left. This is also what drove a lot of white folks to move to the suburbs. There was a concerted effort to get whites to flee. Realtors, lenders, all encouraged it.

Like I said, I saw it first hand as a kid in the 70s and 80s in Atlanta. My parents moved to middle class neighborhood and saw all the white families leaving one by one...

With that said, I also saw some increase in crime, etc as well. A lot of black folks moving to these communities did want better neighborhoods but they also brought some crime at the margins through extended families / friends, etc. Just facts.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The prevalent reasons are economics, your home likely your largest purchase a 30-year mortgage, hoping to pay off early and/or have the flexibility/security of an equity loan if needed. Or it was supposed to be an inheritance asset for your children. Instead, property values plummet you owe more than the house is now worth, and now when you die you pass that liability to your kids. Even then it's usually in that transition period where everybody freaks out and sells, then it stabilizes and then with gentrification property values increase again, the problem is very few can hang on through the transition and afford to wait it out or the rebound never materializes.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You're right Michelle!

Kinda like how you have lived in primarily white neighborhoods ever since entering politics. She gets it!

You couldn't pay me enough to live in a sanctuary city like Denver.
Thanks Californians!

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You should look up the history of the suburbs, it has a lot to do with the rise of the projects in the cities where it started off as large almost communes for majority white people and when more African americans started migrating north they were left with only one type of housing.

en.m.wikipedia.org...(African_American)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join