It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did my beloved baseball go?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

Hm. Why do you think that?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

What the hell are you talking about?

Gematria (/ɡəˈmeɪtriə/; Hebrew: גמטריא or Gimatria גימטריה, plural גמטראות or גמטריאות, gematriot) is an alphanumeric code of assigning a numerical value to a name, word or phrase based on its letters. A single word can yield multiple values depending on the cipher used.

It's the language of the Cabal. Sports are rigged as well as everything else you see on TV or the media. By plugging in words into a cipher, you can see various numerical connections. The letters of our alphabet are much more mysterious than most know, as are numbers. It's hard to explain but I think a member "Esigeisis" did a thread called "Lifting the veil" which mentions this stuff.
edit on 31-10-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

Some say the movie "they Live", you just replace the glasses with Gematria.
edit on 31-10-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

That sounds about as valid as Scientology....

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

That sounds about as valid as Scientology....

Hey I tried.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Fair enough...

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I can't remember who it was batting after Turner in game 1 and either 5 or 6... But Turner got on base in the first inning both games, and game one was a bunt that went out (Turner ended up stealing anyways) and game 5 or 6, bunter went out and Turner advanced to second on a sacrifice.

I don't know much about baseball back in the days you remember... But I wonder if things like the shifts, players having better arms and being able to make plays faster discourage bunts. I do think you're right about players swinging for the fences though. Maybe them buffing up has something to do with them not being able to run as fast.

Either way, that's why my favorite batter is Daniel Murphy. He just wants to get on base, and he's not one for glory... Just cool as a cucumber any time he goes up to bat.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Either way, that's why my favorite batter is Daniel Murphy. He just wants to get on base, and he's not one for glory...

Being that he is no longer on the Mets his chance for glory increased exponentially.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I've seen the shift on a batter where every infielder is on the right side of second..
A bunt up the third base side is a guaranteed hit.

Very few players even decades ago would bunt for hits. Some would especially if they see a corner infielder napping...
But they would bunt to advance a runner.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Winning helps...lol

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Either way, that's why my favorite batter is Daniel Murphy. He just wants to get on base, and he's not one for glory...

Being that he is no longer on the Mets his chance for glory increased exponentially.

Poor guy has had some injuries plague him... But he did more for the Nats than Harper IMO.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

A lot of the pitchers have been saying since the playoffs a few years ago the MLB has been loading the balls to make the game more exciting.

Little ATS sports conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
What can I say? I am a former baseball player - pitcher. Nowadays, baseball players are very clever, bigger, stronger, faster than just 20 years ago. They have access to technology where they can study others pitchers and batters before the game start. And makes lots, lots of money. It's getting more serious than fun of baseball. It is what it is.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Come on, this was a classic World Series!

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
Come on, this was a classic World Series!

The ratings have been dropping for years.
Twice as many people were watching games in the mid 80's.

The NFL is the opposite and is going up.

People are losing interest in the game.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22 Think the ball is juiced now the manager plays the percentages and stocks up on big hitters. I also miss the previous character of the game. Watching the orioles in the stadium it was quiet
limited PA use only to announce the batter or pitching change no exploding scoreboard no screens everywhere you looked. One change i would like to see is a change to 3 innings 9 outs/inning. The lead off man would probably always score,the game would take less time with more runs scored. Would like to see a couple ML teams try a few games.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

We miss radio too!! (Says grandpa)

Today’s game is about the excitement of scoring.

Nobody remembers that you have to set all that up to happen. And if you can’t, then, yeah, baseball sucks.

I watched it with a dude from Austin who suddenly became all Astros! And tried to explain that the pitching staff is being run through by the Nats, and all I got was, “Look who’s winning”.

*sigh*

The score doesn’t matter. What is about to happen and n 2 innings time is more important than the score. And that is happened with the Astros. The starting pitcher was pulled and the others couldn’t keep runners off the bases. Than the Nats ran through them as they tried to control damage.

Game 7 is the wrong time to try that... the Astros lost and saw it coming if the Nats could score some runs.

The real conspiracy is why we had to go 7! Ratings? Money??!

IDK.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   

The real conspiracy is why we had to go 7! Ratings? Money??!!

Umpires control it. I dislike how the umpire call strike/ball. Lots were wrong calls. Lots.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Truth is ball players are better atheletes then before,no use using comparison's as things change,better conditioning,pitching better etc

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
I watched it with a dude from Austin who suddenly became all Astros! And tried to explain that the pitching staff is being run through by the Nats, and all I got was, “Look who’s winning”.

*sigh*

The score doesn’t matter. What is about to happen and n 2 innings time is more important than the score. And that is happened with the Astros. The starting pitcher was pulled and the others couldn’t keep runners off the bases. Than the Nats ran through them as they tried to control damage.

That seemed to piss off Cole quite a bit, he's gonna look good in a Yankee uniform.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
Truth is ball players are better atheletes then before,no use using comparison's as things change,better conditioning,pitching better etc

I didn't compare the athletes of today to yesterday's.
I compared the style of play.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join