It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I could see the demons': An exorcism in Arkansas

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Osirisvset
Lmao! From the link....
"Demonic possession is not recognized as a medical condition by the American Psychiatric Association or the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems"
Seriously though, how many serious mental disorders go untreated because of medieval beliefs like "demonic possession" or more recently, "gangstalking"?

Because you know everything about everything and everyone else’s wrong because you know everything
I Don’t think so
Possession is real
Just because you don’t believe doesn’t make you right

Far to many cases of people who did t believe becoming believers

Those widgee boards are a gateway into possession, if you are so right ?
Heard to many stories from to many people, real people

Go spend a night in a haunted house and let’s see how much big talk you have left, darkmstuff out there

Is this satire? Please tell me that this is satire...

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Ha, Searcy, AR is right up the freeway from me, lol. There's A LOT of civil war history in this area (North-West Arkansas) in general. Especially the Pea Ridge area (also nearby). So, I'm not unfamiliar with tales of "haunted" instances and/or paranormal investigations going on in this county, and surrounding counties. Native American tales, as well. The Trail of Tears passes through here, also. Entire area is just history-rich with negativity. A hotbed of negativity from the past, in particular. Other notable haunted places here, are the Peel Mansion in Bentonville, and the Basin Park Hotel in Eureka Springs.

In summation: this story doesn't surprise me, and I believe her.

Searcy is no where near Pea Ridge or the Bentonville area....

While I do believe in demons/angels blah blah, I think it sounds more likely that this woman is suffering from some type of disease or neurological illness. Not psychiatric, although the disease/illness has clearly affected her personality, memory, etc... Just because some doctor may have went down a psychological path (such as depression, schizophrenia, etc...) or whatever doesn't mean she hasn't been misdiagnosed and still suffering from some very real disease or illness affecting her brain or nervous system.

<< 1  2   >>

join