It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I could see the demons': An exorcism in Arkansas

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Interesting article about exorcisms that caught my eye and I wanted to share with you all.

Lawson said that when she arrived at the hospital, Stamatis was “wide-eyed.” “I could see the demons,” Lawson said.

Exorcisms really do occur but they are far from what is portrayed in Hollywood movies like the Exorcist. Although there is a mention of levitation.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
That was very interesting, and well documented.
I have always been interested in this, as the implications are rather scary.

In the Travel channels "Expedition Unknown" season 5 (2017)
Josh Gates is witness to an exorcism that is one of the best examples of this phenomena I have ever seen.
I get it on HULU, but other carriers have it as well.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
Interesting article about exorcisms that caught my eye and I wanted to share with you all.

Lawson said that when she arrived at the hospital, Stamatis was “wide-eyed.” “I could see the demons,” Lawson said.

Exorcisms really do occur but they are far from what is portrayed in Hollywood movies like the Exorcist. Although there is a mention of levitation.

Checked out the pics o wait... none of any demons... pics or it didn’t happen.
Seems like a woman with mental illness.
She was very suicidal, to publish something like this is just cruel and a way to make money.

I believe there’s something wrong with this lady, demons perhaps, but they only exist in her head and nowhere else.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Well most often there is little to no difference in people who are skitzo or have mental issues, or are even high as a kite on Meth or who knows what else. There either possessed by chemical brain imbalances, or demons. In the end the symptoms and what they do, and say, and act, are pretty much the same.

The two could be said to be one and the same. I don't think prayer will work, and I don't think popping pills and pharmaceuticals will work either. But whatever works I guess. You got to exercise your demons, least they exercise you.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Lmao! From the link....
"Demonic possession is not recognized as a medical condition by the American Psychiatric Association or the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems"
Seriously though, how many serious mental disorders go untreated because of medieval beliefs like "demonic possession" or more recently, "gangstalking"?
Here on ATS we often get to see first hand members posting about their battles with demons or government mind control/abuse when it's obvious to any sane, grounded onlooker that there are serious, potentially dangerous, medical issues involved that are treatable with the right intervention.
It certainly doesn't help when other members, regardless of intent, make the issue worse by pandering to and reinforcing the delusions whilst undermining any genuine attempts to guide the individual to professional help.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Osirisvset
Lmao! From the link....
"Demonic possession is not recognized as a medical condition by the American Psychiatric Association or the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems"
Seriously though, how many serious mental disorders go untreated because of medieval beliefs like "demonic possession" or more recently, "gangstalking"?
Here on ATS we often get to see first hand members posting about their battles with demons or government mind control/abuse when it's obvious to any sane, grounded onlooker that there are serious, potentially dangerous, medical issues involved that are treatable with the right intervention.
It certainly doesn't help when other members, regardless of intent, make the issue worse by pandering to and reinforcing the delusions whilst undermining any genuine attempts to guide the individual to professional help.

What of poltergeist activity? Is that a mental delusion when one witnesses furniture thrown, slammed etc?

Is there a fine line between an individuals mental structure breaking down and something else taking over ones control?

We dont have all the answers, though we do know mental illness is a real thing like schizophrenia and needs attention.

I'm not saying demons are real, or angels.
Yet I have experienced serious poltergeists activity on several occasions and it has made me question how much the establishments know, and how much they want to bury, also the very nature of our reality and how unseen forces can create audible movements and disrupt the environment around us.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Lmao! From the link....

Because you know everything about everything and everyone else’s wrong because you know everything
I Don’t think so
Possession is real
Just because you don’t believe doesn’t make you right

Far to many cases of people who did t believe becoming believers

Those widgee boards are a gateway into possession, if you are so right ?
Heard to many stories from to many people, real people

Go spend a night in a haunted house and let’s see how much big talk you have left, darkmstuff out there

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Lmao! From the link....

Because you know everything about everything and everyone else’s wrong because you know everything
I Don’t think so
Possession is real
Just because you don’t believe doesn’t make you right

Far to many cases of people who did t believe becoming believers

Those widgee boards are a gateway into possession, if you are so right ?
Heard to many stories from to many people, real people

Go spend a night in a haunted house and let’s see how much big talk you have left, darkmstuff out there

I’ve been to many haunted houses in the evening, like I said, pics or it didn’t happen.
There’s 0% proof for nonsense like demons, yet people love to indulge their deluded 16th century self.
It’s 2019 man, if we haven’t found ANY evidence for this by now well...

Grab a stick and go beat that dead horse

All I see are journalists making fun of a ladies mental illness, which I believe is really messed up.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

There’s 0% proof for nonsense like demons, yet people love to indulge their deluded 16th century self.
It’s 2019 man, if we haven’t found ANY evidence for this by now well...

There's plenty of proof and evidence, but some people refuse to acknowledge it. Not much different than the blind mindset of some in the political world as to what's really going on. Most people will believe what they want regardless of proof or evidence. That's the nature of the beast/demons and how they work!

All I see are journalists making fun of a ladies mental illness, which I believe is really messed up.

The article explains that doctors tried to diagnose her and gave her all kinds of different medications to try and control the chemical imbalance they claimed she had, however, nothing was working. The difference is that the exorcism worked when the medication didn't.

This woman is trying to spread awareness that this life isn't just physical, but spiritual. Like you, others could claim that your resistance to proof and evidence is really messed up.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Osirisvset

I was skeptical of gangstalking but the testimony of diplomats in china and other countries seem to indicate that this invisible harrassment technology does exist.

Id argue, as a nonbeliever in religions, that it may be possible to be possessed by a interdimensional entity.

It's easy to dismiss everything as mental illness.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer
The only demons this lady saw were those conjured by her mind because of her beliefs. Angels and demons are superstitious nonsense, just like religion is.

Exorcisms really do occur...

Of course exorcisms occur, performed by people just as messed up as those they are performing the exorcism on. I also have no doubt they work sometimes. The placebo effect is a real phenomena. Belief in this kind of phenomena can do real harm to the person who believes it, and to those around them. That's scarier than the existence of demons by far.

Yes things happen in this world we don't understand and can't always explain, but assigning mythological beliefs to those things doesn't help anyone. Looking at them with a skeptical eye and a critical mind will give us a much better idea of what we are observing than fear will.

I have seen things in my own life I can't fully explain, but the answers are not to be found in angels and demons. Been there, done that.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

The placebo effect is a real phenomena. Belief in this kind of phenomena can do real harm to the person who believes it, and to those around them.

Likewise, non-belief in this phenomena can do real harm to the person and those around them.

Yes things happen in this world we don't understand and can't always explain, but assigning mythological beliefs to those things doesn't help anyone. Looking at them with a skeptical eye and a critical mind will give us a much better idea of what we are observing than fear will.

Those who rule anything out is not looking at this with critical thinking skills and abilities.

I have seen things in my own life I can't fully explain, but the answers are not to be found in angels and demons. Been there, done that.

Based on all of your responses, you believe it's best not to fully examine that which can not be explained, unless it correlates with what you want to believe.

edit on 31-10-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Based on all of your responses, you believe it's best not to fully examine that which can not be explained, unless it correlates with what you want to believe.

Incorrect. Angels, demons, and deities have been examined ad infinitum by many(including myself) as an explanation and found to be wanting over and over again. On a personal note, I am not opposed to paranormal possibilities, but definitive evidence for such is severely lacking in cases like the OP describes.

On the other hand, those who believe the religious explanation never look any further, and never allow for an alternative explanation. Faith doesn't allow for critical thought.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Osirisvset

A little skepticism never hurt. But if you ever get a chance to see a spirit or a demon, you may drop a deuce right where you stand.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

My wife was a skeptic about my house being haunted until she saw AND heard what I'd been telling her about. She used to give me the "Yeah sure" grin when I'd tell her, now she won't stay in the house past nightfall without me.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

You sound more close-minded than religious people. What are the chances...

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Many evil things have come out of Arkansas.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

You sound more close-minded than religious people. What are the chances...

Not at all. I used to be one of those religious people. I've just learned there are explanations that make a lot more sense than superstitious beliefs from thousands of years ago.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Elementalist

My wife was a skeptic about my house being haunted until she saw AND heard what I'd been telling her about. She used to give me the "Yeah sure" grin when I'd tell her, now she won't stay in the house past nightfall without me.

I was very much a skeptic in regards to the paranormal until about two and a half years ago. I can assure you, I am no longer a skeptic, but that's because I've had the personal experiences and the opportunities to consider non-paranormal answers to no avail, and that's the reason behind that change in perspective.

I remain very much skeptical in regards to aliens, UFO's, Sasquatch, demons, etc. For many, that sort of change from skeptic or even full non-believer into belief requires personal experiences.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Not at all. I used to be one of those religious people. I've just learned there are explanations that make a lot more sense than superstitious beliefs from thousands of years ago.

What explanations are those? Earlier you said that there are things you experienced that you didn't understand or could explain.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join