It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor Was Right: CERN to begin producing Black Holes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Indeed. I love the titor story. Its great. Not the story itself, its kind of boring. But the stuff that has happened around it.

The only problem is that it seems to have really made some people's lives worse. NOt the people who beleive it or anything like that. But, I recall on the anomalies.net forum that there was a woman who was contacted by john titor, who gave her some stuff, documents or whatever, to confirm his id, and she's been invovled in a real mess ever since.

Also, there is the shady john titor organization, the lawyers on retainer for john titor, the book published by his mom, and all the rest.

I'd feel better about it if the person or person's who made it all up would come forward, hell, take credit. I suspsect something like that will happened before long, since the story makes specific predictions. Of course, its possible that the person's who made up the john titor story are not the ones who are represented by the titor lawyers, and who knows how tangled up everything is.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think someone should go to the lawyers office and talk to the lawyer that published the book.

1) Why would his mother go to a law office? Wouldn't she go to the government?

-Chris

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legend
I think someone should go to the lawyers office

There is not office. The only address on file is a po box

and talk to the lawyer that published the book.

No lawyer would be publishing a book. I suspect that the book was published via a vanity press. Heck, nowadays, borders will publish a book you write, merely for the fee. YOu can upload at some stores, and pay for say a hundred copies, and sell them on places like ebay or amazon. Something like that is what I think happened with the book.

Why would his mother go to a law office? Wouldn't she go to the government?

Because its not his mother. Its someone pretending to be his mother, just like someone pretended to be a time travelor in the first place.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
There's a perfect way to find out if it's a hoax, someone just needs to claim they're John Titor back from the future. Either his "mother" or "lawyer" will have to put up or shut up, or John Titor himself will have to come out of hiding.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

I think someone should go to the lawyers office

There is not office. The only address on file is a po box

and talk to the lawyer that published the book.

No lawyer would be publishing a book. I suspect that the book was published via a vanity press. Heck, nowadays, borders will publish a book you write, merely for the fee. YOu can upload at some stores, and pay for say a hundred copies, and sell them on places like ebay or amazon. Something like that is what I think happened with the book.

Why would his mother go to a law office? Wouldn't she go to the government?

Because its not his mother. Its someone pretending to be his mother, just like someone pretended to be a time travelor in the first place.

This is an exerpt from the book that was published:

Exerpt from Published Book

Introduction

In January of 2003, a young couple and their five-year-old son entered my law office in Nebraska. They claimed to be the parents of John Titor, a time traveler from the future. Although I've reserved final judgement of their claims, their story and the evidence they presented was quite convincing. They told me a tale about a man who used a time machine to travel from the year 2036 to 1975 and then to 1998 where they first met.

For a period of nearly three years, this man, claiming to be their young son as an adult, stayed with them in their home. For reasons that are still not clear, in 2001, he borrowed his father's computer and began posting on the Internett about who he was and why he was here. This book is a compilation of those Internet posts he left online. He started in November of 2000, right before the presidential election. After nearly five months of speaking with people online, he left our time and returned to his home in 2036.

When his parents approached me and presented the pictures, documents, notes and copies of his original posts, they wanted closure. For reasons that I cannot explain, they were anxious to leave Florida and rid themselves of the ties to this man who claimed to be ther son from the year 2036.

Today, you can still go online and read John Titor's original posts. There are thousands of web sites where John Titor is discussed and the original people he spoke with are still online. I want to give a special thanks to those sites that helped gather and prepare the posts.

There was a law office, and there was no P.O. address in the book.

It is interesting to note that the law office is in Nebraska, where the new capitol is in John's world line.

-Chris

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

There was a law office, and there was no P.O. address in the book.

Ther eis no office to go to.

It is interesting to note that the law office is in Nebraska, where the new capitol is in John's world line.

But strange that the non-cannoncial book claims that they left florida, whereas the titor postings state that the father made a living selling oranges after the war up and down the coast of florida.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
John Titor is a fraud. Not was he is still alive and laughing it up somewhere living off of the cash he made by duping good-willed and intentioned people. He makes me

As for the blackhole issue. I heard somewhere that we have been creating black holes in atom smashers since the 50s(and it was only in the 90s when they actually discovered it I read it in Nature I believe). Can someone confirm that?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
There's a perfect way to find out if it's a hoax

Its already been done. We're well into 2005 and there are no waco like events. The laser pointer photo also disproves it.

quote] someone just needs to claim they're John Titor back from the future. Either his "mother" or "lawyer" will have to put up or shut up
Why? Why would they become involved at all? The lawyers presumably protect no copyright on the john titor name, and don't own john titors irc chat records either.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I really don't mean to be...well, mean...but it would be nice if Titor wasn't a fraud. I mean...I kind of agree when he said this society would be better off if half of us were dead.

Maybe I'm just angry...

-Chris

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geneticus
I'd like to see an article mentioning how CERN was planning on creating black holes prior to John Titor's predictions...

I love indignation killers.

Here's your article. Click on the one dated March 7th, 2000 entitled "Discovering new dimensions at LHC" from the CERN Courier no less. I can't believe how many are still duped by this fraud.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by antipigopolist

Originally posted by Geneticus
I'd like to see an article mentioning how CERN was planning on creating black holes prior to John Titor's predictions...

I love indignation killers.

Here's your article. Click on the one dated March 7th, 2000 entitled "Discovering new dimensions at LHC" from the CERN Courier no less. I can't believe how many are still duped by this fraud.

How about a bubble popper too go with that...

Titor's henpeckings do sound similar to the book "Alas, Babylon"... He may have stolen this view that the apocalypse can be a morally enlightenment and character-building event that ultimately helps mankind.

"All at once the 20th century comes crashing down, and the nightmare of survival begins.

(snip)

Randy becomes not only harder and leaner but more vital and alive. The privations endured in the first few months and years after the disaster purify him. His life, cleansed of 20th-century dissolutions and recrafted with blood and toil, becomes profoundly worth living. He takes charge not only of himself but of his community, bringing it back from the brink of savagery and desperation."

www.scifi.com...

Sound EXACTLY like Titor's story. And yes the fact that scientists were already talking about creating black holes using particle accelerators back to the time of Einstein does make Titor less believable, less interesting, and seemingly less prophectic.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by e 2 e k 1 a 7
Blackholes that are insanly powerful are not the size of an electron they are usually the size of a grain of dust. And I do not see why a black hole would grow in size as it devoured more and more. That just doesn't make sense to me,

Well i don't see much of a problem, everthing can be safely monitored including black holes. If the scientists can safely monitor ebola, they can control a black hole. They'd need to put it in an empty vault with no air so it can't grow larger.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Well John Titor was wrong... AGAIN, CERN was beaten. HAHAHAHAHA!

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
A related story from a major newspaper:

"Scientists create 'black holes' on Earth

Alok Jha, science correspondent
Friday March 18, 2005
The Guardian

Thanks to a legion of science fiction stories, black holes are easily among the most terrifying objects in the universe. It is easy to understand why: these mysterious collapsed stars suck in and destroy everything around them. Get too close and nothing in the universe could save you from their clutches.
Fortunately, real black holes only exist in the depths of space, too far from the Earth to be of much concern. But an American physicist has put forward the idea that an experiment here on Earth regularly creates objects that bear a striking resemblance to real black holes, albeit tiny ones.

Horatiu Nastase of Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, thinks that the intense fireballs created in an atom-smashing experiment at the Brookhaven National Laboratory in New York have remarkable similarities to the celestial phenomena."

www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 17-3-2005 by greenturtle]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well its getting switched on.

The world's most powerful atom smasher turns on this year. New Scientist foresees some breakthroughs - and more than a few tricky problems

After 20 years of anticipation, the LHC is set to switch on this November, and soon thereafter CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, will become the proud operator of the world's most powerful particle accelerator. It will smash protons together with seven times the energy and at 100 times the rate of the top collider to date, the Tevatron at Fermilab near Chicago. That will allow it to probe the interactions of particles down to the unprecedented scale of 10-17 centimetres, roughly the size of the universe a trillionth ...

Link.

And from Wiki.

As with the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC), people both inside and outside of the physics community have voiced concern that the LHC might trigger one of several theoretical disasters capable of destroying the Earth or even the entire Universe. These include:

* Creation of a stable black hole[8]
* Creation of strange matter that is more stable than ordinary matter
* Creation of magnetic monopoles that could catalyze proton decay
* Triggering a transition into a different quantum mechanical vacuum (see False vacuum)

Was going to start a new thread regarding this, but thought it might fit just as well here.

Link.

Will they accidentally discover "Time Travel"?

[edit on 27-1-2007 by Denied]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Microsingularities (mini black holes) will be created soon at a particle collider, and physicists will eventually learn how to build time machines using two of them at a time. It is already expected by some physicists that particle energies will be high enough to create microsingularities at CERN's Large Hadron Collider when it begins operation in 2007, but Mr. Titor did not say exactly where and when they would be discovered. The Titor-specific part of this prediction is that microsingularities can and will be used to build time-travel machines.

John Titors Predictions made earlier

I had always kept that in the back of my mind and then checked with the CERNS site and this is what I read.

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is a particle accelerator which will probe deeper into matter than ever before. Due to switch on in 2007, it will ultimately collide beams of protons at an energy of 14 TeV . Beams of lead nuclei will be also accelerated, smashing together with a collision energy of 1150 TeV.

CERN News

I just always found his story to be interesting. If he was a complete hoax I often wonder if he now roams other forums under a new alias. However, I haven't found anything to prove he was a hoax. I plan on going through the ATS archives and reading up on the posts about him.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

Will they accidentally discover "Time Travel"?

Time Travel would be awesome, but I would settle for sucking France into a blackhole.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
With a controlled MS held in a magnetic field,it may be possible to create a gravitic propulsion system.

Which would be nice.

They should get their butts moving and make inertia-free gravity powered cars,instantly reducing road deaths.

(I seem to remember reading a short story years ago in which a kid broke his toy black hole and destroyed the world-Anyone else read it?)

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
hmm according to hawking this might not be a good idea. playing with black holes even minute ones could have dangerous and undesireable effects.

Gravitational Entropy

He breaks it down like this...

a black hole's event horrizon always will increase in size because of the energy being enveloped in the singularity causes it to get larger this is due to the second law of thermal dinamics.

So you make a black hole in a point in space where there is a lot of matter to absorb the black hole's event horizon will get biger and more stuff will be able to flow in the more stuff that goes in the larger the event horizon gets..

see where I am going with this?

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
sorry was it hawking or me that killed this thread? Let me go into this further. What they are proposing from what I understand is to collide two inert atoms together to create a singularity. Which in turn from what I can understand from Hawkings lectures will eventualy envelop the surrounding matter causing the event horizon of the black hole to grow larger the only way that a black hole will stop growing larger is when there is no more matter in the area to absorb and therefore no more energy for it to feed off of. Now you bring a black hole into existance on earth this may grow in size till the whole of the earth and the moon is sucked inside till the event horizon no longer has a gravitational effect on anything in the vicinity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join