It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk about (store bought) Salsa.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

We kinda like this stuff, and there are a couple of local brands that are not too bad too.

Cool. I went on a salsa buying kick today, and this is one I decided to buy, except I got the red salsa. I don't recall seeing it there before. I haven't opened it yet, but I like the ingredient list (no sugar) and the appearance of its consistency.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
My go-to, nothing else tastes remotely as good to me (I'm a "chilehead" anyway)

This is a goodie for dipping pretzels, especially choco-covered ones -- a little sweet, a little tart, a little hot. All around good stuff : up:

Nice. I also bought that one today, but, again, have not yet opened it.
edit on 2-1-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Annnnd, I bought this one, in the refrigerated section. It's pretty damn good.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This stuff is really good, but hot af. My god.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I haven't tried mrs renfros habanero salsa yet, but i have tried other habanero salsas, and have made my own.
Honestly, i just dont like the flavor of habaneros. They def have the heat, just dont care for the taste myself.

Now mrs renfros ghost pepper salsa is delicious! Probaby a 8 out of 10 for me on flavor,,, but, its so freakin hot, i can only stand about 4 chips worth.

Im dying to try the mrs renfros carolina reaper salsa, but have been unable to find it locally. I may order it online, when im feeling bold enough. (Pretty sure its gonna kick my ass though lol).

My go to, every day salsa though is chi-chis hot. Its got good flavor, enough spice, but it doesnt make you sorry you ate it 6 hrs later.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I only bought the Renfros because it was mentioned here and because I wanted to try as many as possible with which I wasn't familiar.

I do like the flavor of Renfros habanero salsa, but it's more like a sauce than a salsa. For instance, years ago I used to mix El Paso with Franks to give it more flavor and bite. It's better that way, and I was reminded of that with Renfros.

I like salsa to be spicy, but if it's too hot it takes the joy out of trying to eat it.

I've never tried Chi-Chis. The thing with Herdez, too, is that the spice is sometimes inconsistent. I have had some really hot, and some more tolerable, just depends on the batch. But hey, it *is* made in Mexico and uses Serrano peppers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join