It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebelling against daylight savings time

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
My girlfriend and I have decided to rebel. It's complete bull# to change your body's sleep schedule twice a year and we're not going to do it.

Well we will one time. But in the opposite direction. Right now we're in increments working ourselves down to 7:00 am wake up which will switch back to 8:00 on sunday morning our current wake up.

Once daylight savings time comes again we will start getting up at 7:00 instead of adjusting our sleep schedule back to 8:00.

Basically once started we'll be adjusting our bed and wake up time instead of puting our minds and bodies through a bunch of crap twice a year.

Daylight savings time is bull# and I will not submit to bull# any longer.

Honestly if they're so worried about the daylight. Just #ing pick the number in the middle and just keep it there as a nice simple compromise between the two.

Instead of 9 and 8 as an example back and forth adjust ONE more time and put both at the mid point between them at the equivelent of 8:30 as compared to both and just effing leave it there. It will result in a little daylight both lost and gained at both extremes, but overall will be exactly the same with no one having to # their minds and bodies over twice every damn year.

I'm rebelling, and if it's possible for your work schedules join me in giving a big FU to the bastards insisting we put our minds and bodies through hell.

I'm not adjusting my body's sleep schedule for these bastards any longer.
edit on 10/29/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

We don't do daylight savings time here in Arizona. We just have to pay attention to keep up with everyone else!

Actually, I think the Navajo Rez observes it, so part of Arizona does. But that kinda makes this all the more amusing:

When told the reason for daylight savings time, the Old Indian said, "Only the government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket."

The Indian Reporter

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm so glad to live in Arizona where we have the common sense to not clock fiddle.

It really doesn't affect me except for changing my TV viewing habits because all my regular non-network shows come on at a different time so we don't totally get to escape all the nonsense and it's still a pain in the behind.

You have my support for your revolution and resistance whole heartedly!

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I like daylight savings time to get an extra hour of golf after work.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Here ya go...
Petition2Congress - End DST
Tellem how you feel.

FTR, I'm not a fan of DST either.

edit on 10/29/2019 by Klassified because: oops again

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Here in Indiana we didn't do daylight savings until a few years ago.
Some people still act like its some kind of complicated math equation to change their clocks.

But I agree.
Its not really necessary to do it anymore so it should just go away.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It is "Daylight Saving Time"
If one is going to rebel against something , at least get the name correct.

edit on 10/29/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Yeah obviously some adjustments will be necessary. I'll lose an hour of free time at night and gain an hour during the day and vice versa everytime it comes about.

I've long since ditched tv instead using internet and streaming so show times won't be an issue. I'm also stuck due to work accepting the change this ONE time but it won't affect work after this time. So one more is all they get simply because getting up at 9:00 won't give me enough time to get out the door if it would I'd start the rebellion this time.

It will mean less time to game with roomate and girlfriend after work for one half a year, but will also mean more private time with girlfriend in the morning one half the year. Not that we game every night, just another adjustment.
edit on 10/29/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

This reminds me of a story from when I was first married.
We didn't have a washer or dryer in our rental house because the landlord didn't want all the water going through the septic tank.

That left us going to the laundromat every other week.
You meet quite the variety of people at the laundromat waiting on the machines.

Anyway we started talking to a lady that said she just arrived from Arizona and her body hadn't adjusted to the time difference.....

My wife says "oh, you have jet lag"

The lady immediately responded "no, I drove"

Ok............

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Doing away with DST would make sunrise at 5am during the hottest month of the year. Construction workers would need to start by 5:30 to avoid being out in the hottest part of the day. Having the clocks set to 6:30 moves it to when most people are waking up and getting ready for the day.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Daylight saving time (DST), also daylight savings time or daylight time (United States) and summer time (United Kingdom, European Union, and others), is the practice of advancing clocks during summer months so that evening daylight lasts longer, while sacrificing normal sunrise times.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 10/29/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
I'm rebelling, and if it's possible for your work schedules join me in giving a big FU to the bastards insisting we put our minds and bodies through hell.

I'm not adjusting my body's sleep schedule for these bastards any longer.

I agree and so does President Trump.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Kinda makes you wonder if they knew it would screw with peoples' patterns changing it up every few months

As soon as I fall into a groove it's CHANGE PLACES!

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Haha, one thing I can guarantee you is that it will mess with your friends

They will be at your place and check the clock and be totally confused. I had that going with one of my clocks and even if you tell it to them:

They will forget or calculate into the wrong direction if they have no good feeling of time. It also keeps you fit because you constant live in two timezones

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I agree it is a waste of time, but the fact is it is a consensus between a group of people. If you want to "rebel," go right ahead, but no one else is going to care. If you need to be at work by 8:00 am, you'd better be there according to the consensus, not your own personal time schedule. The busses are not going to change their schedule to accommodate you. But, hey! If it makes you feel like a rebel, go for it.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

Um my clock is still changing. I'm adjusting my schedule around the time change, not my biological sleep schedule. For those mentioning work I accounted for that. Is why I'm going with DST this one last time. I can change and set my availability with my job as long as I give enough notice.

With my current clients I need to keep my current schedule as waking up at nine is too late, but as long as I keep all further schedules within this range, waking up at 8 or seven won't be an issue.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Jason79

Making everyone else # up their mind and bodies twice a year for one group of workers is a bunch of BS.

Just do what I said. Adjust the schedule one more time by thirty minutes. Will balance the light schedule reasonably all year round.

Or if absolutely unwilling to compromise I think most people will be fine keeping whichever schedule allows the construction workers to stay out of the heat that month, all year long.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
An hour messes up your world that bad?
Working 24 hour shifts, I sometimes sleep at night and sometimes don’t get to sleep at all.
An hour is just water under the bridge.
Although I do hate driving in with the sun burning my retinas out during the switch forward.
So hell yea, burn it down!!!
Attica! Attica!!

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

originally posted by: Gothmog

Daylight saving time (DST), also daylight savings time or daylight time (United States) and summer time (United Kingdom, European Union, and others), is the practice of advancing clocks during summer months so that evening daylight lasts longer, while sacrificing normal sunrise times.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The alternate daylight savings time is there as an alternate due to the ones ignorant of the name and continually speak "savings"
You knew that.
I hope

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I don't think I ever actually adjusted to Spring Forward this year. I think my body went "F# it, not doing this crap anymore." I constantly feel like my energy levels are playing catch-up after everyone else after waking up, been feeling like that all year and I'm not kidding by any stretch.

I'll probably adjust to the upcoming Fall Back no problemo if that's the case. Time shifting and trying to make it seem like you actually benefited with a tangible gain is such hoodwinking horse crap. Pick a goddamn time to go by and be done with it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join