It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refugee sit-in in Cape Town: Take us out of South Africa!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hundreds of self-proclaimed "refugees" (that is people, mainly other Africans, who came here as alleged "refugees" from other African countries) have been holding a sit-in protest in the the central business district of Cape Town.

They are mainly focused around the Waldorf Arcade (St. George's Mall), and the drama has been unfolding for two weeks now, from what I can recall. This has been after a major resumption of black-on-black xenophobic violence and looting in SA.

Today one spokesman apparently said they want a UN plane to come get them and take them to Europe.
I mean, let's not be picky.

But, local business owners in the area are also getting highly annoyed, since the xenophobic violence has apparently simmered-down, and the Cape Town central business district was never involved.
Apparently the protestors have also used the area as a public lavatory, and harassed tourists and shop-owners.
Some businesses have now threatened to withhold their taxes, unless something is done immediately.

Although I think it's fair enough for "refugees" (although I'm not sure how many of them have had that status validated, or moved to the closest "safe country", as they should). Yeah, let the UN deal with it (of which the US is still a major contributor).

However, if they get their way, and the UN sends them a plane to Frankfurt (for example), who's gonna come next and try this?
And what of the highly persecuted minorities in SA, like the whites?
Shouldn't those of us too poor to even get a passport also get a plane?

We didn't invite these people, we probably don't have the resources for them (not so much the Cape at the moment, but a nationwide water and electricity crisis, and food prices are rising alarmingly) and they must go back to their own countries and then do whatever.
I know they mean to make it between them and the UN globalists (and their unrealistic "no border" promises), but they are disrupting us further.

For two weeks, the walkway of the Waldorf Arcade has housed rows of makeshift bedding, screaming children and exhausted refugees begging the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) to remove them from South Africa, GroundUp reported. "They are killing us, burning us alive, looting our shops," said Eke Lyke Chibuzor, a refugee from Nigeria, who has been in South Africa for the past six years. "Sometimes I feel like I'm a slave in this country. Our blood does not want to be spilled in the land of South Africa."

www.news24.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The UN response has been rather predictable.

We recognize your rights and concerns - here, have a cookie, bye!

Reminds me of some "woke" royalty or Hollywood Stars, with several empty mansions.
You lower-middle class and working class people must deal with it.

I just came for a virtue-signalling selfie.
Cheerio.
edit on 28-10-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
On the other hand, I also have patience with these people (even if every tourist lost is a further blow to our death-spiraling economy). But it's death-spiraling anyway. That's just a side-show in SA.

Nevertheless, they are drawing attention to how bad things really are in South Africa, behind the fake leftist media misrepresentations.

And the fact that it's fellow sub-Saharan Africans (mainly, there might be few Bangladeshis and other Asians) who cannot be dismissed as "racist" or "historically advantaged", or whatever. It's a major embarrassment to the whole globalist narrative.

And a coterie of careerist Marxist academics, and thieving politicians want to coax them out of it with their usual unworkable ideological phrases.

Ha, but they're having none of it.
They know it's all lies.

No, they wanna go now!

Sorry to the business owners (I hope they're compensated), but a part of me hopes the protestors win and set a precedent.

And I'm sure many of these people are really, really desperate and terrified.
But so are a many locals groups.
I mean the xenophobic violence has been horrific since 2008 (not the only horror going on in SA, but I leave it there for this thread).

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
That's the problem with South Africa, if you flee to here and it goes pear-shaped (as it evidently is), the only place further south to flee is the deep blue ocean.

And even if you manage that, you're on a boat to Antarctica.
Congratulations!

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Easy to say, get the masses of foreigners out.

But then you think about state hospitals, as many phone-calls to a local radio station reminded me, virtually the only people doing any real work, is staff from other African countries.

The minorities can't be employed anyway, and many of the local nurses couldn't give a stuff, even if they knew how, but they really only want their pay-check on a Friday.

As this lady said, you remove all the nurses from Zimbabwe, Ghana and Nigeria, and South Africa might as well shut its sate hospitals.

Well, they're mostly already considered "death-traps".
And some of these were the best hospitals, and medical teaching facilities in Africa in the 1970's and 1980's.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

I think the response you see here is somewhat mirroring world response to SA.

They would rather ignore the problems than accept some very uncomfortable truths about how things in Zimbabwe and SA came to be.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Today one spokesman apparently said they want a UN plane to come get them and take them to Europe.

When asked specifically, the spokesman stated they had their hearts set on either the Berner Oberland in Switzerland or perhaps Monaco ...

Criminy.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I think the response you see here is somewhat mirroring world response to SA.

They would rather ignore the problems than accept some very uncomfortable truths about how things in Zimbabwe and SA came to be.

My guess is that such are taboo topics for the MSM. We were provided our "happy ending" to the conflicts in Zimbabwe and SA and are expected to be satisfied forevermore. FWIW, the journalism in the Anglophone press regarding the transition from communism in central European states was also less than inquiring.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
On the other hand, I also have patience with these people (even if every tourist lost is a further blow to our death-spiraling economy). But it's death-spiraling anyway. That's just a side-show in SA.

Nevertheless, they are drawing attention to how bad things really are in South Africa, behind the fake leftist media misrepresentations.

And the fact that it's fellow sub-Saharan Africans (mainly, there might be few Bangladeshis and other Asians) who cannot be dismissed as "racist" or "historically advantaged", or whatever. It's a major embarrassment to the whole globalist narrative.

And a coterie of careerist Marxist academics, and thieving politicians want to coax them out of it with their usual unworkable ideological phrases.

Ha, but they're having none of it.
They know it's all lies.

No, they wanna go now!

Sorry to the business owners (I hope they're compensated), but a part of me hopes the protestors win and set a precedent.

And I'm sure many of these people are really, really desperate and terrified.
But so are a many locals groups.
I mean the xenophobic violence has been horrific since 2008 (not the only horror going on in SA, but I leave it there for this thread).

Africa is a big place with many different ethnic groups and many different cultures. Some of these people are as different from each other as a Scandinavian European and a Mediterranean european. So racism certainly can't be ruled out, or any of the same factors had this been a black and white situation.

At the end of the day, peopld, especially the liberal left, must understand that people don't always like mass immigration and that different cultures don't always want to mix.

I really don't think that a real refugee should be so picky. They should go to the nearest safe country, or for preference a safe place in their own country. You can't simply demand to be taken to the destination of your choice.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Just an ear on the street, but many of them say: "We helped the ANC once, why are they treating us like this"? There's a real personal sense of outrage.

What, you trusted the ANC once, and you got "flipped" over?

How sorry to hear.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Word is, the current ANC is not the original ANC.

Second hand word, granted. But labels is labels. No more, no less.

Take care with a broad brush.

edit on 10/29/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yip, the ANC was founded in 1912, so yeah, how can it be the same?

edit on 29-10-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   

It's not the same since Mandela. Again, second hand opinion on my part (I have inquired of the South Africans I am acquainted with).

Pendulums do swing though, before they settle.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Let me just say that the majority of South Africans have not exactly endeared themselves across the southern African region.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I guess being in power takes some getting used to.

As does the converse.

edit on 10/29/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   
As a capetonian, love it or leave it.
TIA.
Buck-up or get out, no one will be holding refugee hands on this one.
Out country has it’s own problems, if you don’t like it, go fix your own country.

TLDR: Deport the lot and send them back to whence they came from.
edit on 29-10-2019 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Problem is, after reading the article, some of these 'refugees' have been there over 20 years?

They're complaining about how they're being treated in the work place.

I am just confused.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I think this is BS, why they want to come to Europe? Don't see why they can't go back to their own country in Africa? I thought Nigeria was/is a thriving economy at the moment, one of the better Economies in Africa! Probably better than some places in Europe and certainly much larger by area than some European Country's which are already over-populated with Immigrants, legal and illegal.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Good news folks!
They have been forcefully removed.

Guessing they’ll be deported back to their home countries now.

Refugees forcefully removed from UNHCR building premises
edit on 30-10-2019 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2019 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Great news GG you have pretty much heaven on Earth down there in WC
If I can shake this job off I'm moving to CT for a few years just don't deport me

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join