It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge reverses Course, Covington V. WAPO

page: 1

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

“After reviewing an amended complaint, Judge William Bertelsman ordered Monday that the case could enter the discovery phase and hence a portion of the lawsuit against the newspaper could continue,” the Cincinnati Enquirer

Apparently, after reviewing an amendment to the complaint against WAPO, the case is allowed to continue agaisnt WAPO, however, it'll be limited in scope. Some of the statements made by WAPO actually ended up being in the wrong, what? Who knows, we shall see where this case proceeds.

Considering that the Leftist Liberal Media is ran by Activist, the likes with which real Journalist and Journalism no longer exist, rather, hyper partisan views by emotionally invested individuals living in ignorant echo chambers that produce feed for their equally ignorant audience who subscribe to the same farce.

Also, my favorite tidbit and a reminder of the gems in court battles,

The Enquirer added: “The judge’s order that discovery can continue means Sandmann’s legal team can make requests for internal Washington Post documents concerning the events like emails and communications between editors and reporters.”

Score one for the little people! Taking on the leftist media is a huge tasking.

Source: www.dailywire.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Good!
I saw this a little bit ago.

I don't want partisan Govt involved in regulating the media.

But I am totally on board with these lying, hyperbolic, partisan spin factories being held liable for intentionally trying damage someone's reputation just to feed their rabid idealogies.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I'm so happy for the Sandmann family. These Lib rags incite so much hatred in this country with their questionable headlines and articles. Speaking of which, I wonder if the Washington Post's description of serial rapist, murderer and terrorist, al-Baghdadi, as an "austere religious scholar," influenced Judge Bertelsmans decision.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I like freedom of the press, but I stipulate that what they print or televise should be at least mostly true and that what they post does not jeopardize national security. WAPO is not a good source, they twist everything they can and try to find leaks that jeopardize proper investigations. They try to influence public opinion to suit their desires and wants, even if it is way far off from the truth. They interpret evidence to suit their needs and I do not trust their sources. They probably get info from the cleaning lady, based on gossip in the Whitehouse and say it is from officials close to the matter. They are not lying, the cleaning crew is close to Trump some times.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Can’t yell fire in a theater in no way hampers free speech.

Committing libel with a newspaper should be just as illegal, and that does not hamper a free press either.

The key to all freedoms is to use them responsibly.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Sandmann's deserve their day in court,
also hope they prevail.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

I'm so happy for the Sandmann family. These Lib rags incite so much hatred in this country with their questionable headlines and articles. Speaking of which, I wonder if the Washington Post's description of serial rapist, murderer and terrorist, al-Baghdadi, as an "austere religious scholar," influenced Judge Bertelsmans decision.

They paint a serial rapist, murderer and terrorist in a golden light AND that action was openly supported by a number of leftist posters on this site.

ALL of whom openly displayed their pathetic hypocrisy and claimed that “just because he became a terrorist doesn’t mean he’s not an austere religious scholar” while in the same breath calling President Trump a ‘failed reality tv star’.

Every single one of those disgusting leftists will be absolutely gutted (for some strange reason) when Mr Sandmann wins a lawsuit against the lying fake-news companies that slandered him for being harassed by racists.

Which is the topic of the op, sorry. This is good news, for those who actually care about exposing the lies of the leftist media.
edit on 29 10 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Good stuff, I had noticed that too, when this case was supposedly closed, Leftist rejoiced, now that it has reopened, none have come to the thread.

Too jusy eating Crow.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Can’t yell fire in a theater in no way hampers free speech.

I'd like to point out that if there is a real fire in the theatre, then it's perfectly all right to alert patrons so they can save their lives.

new topics

top topics

join