It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Calls Out Chicago Police Chief

page: 1

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
So Trump is in Chicago speaking today at the Conference of Police Chiefs. Apparently he called out our Police Chief Eddie Johnson and he called the city an embarrassment.

I guess the Mayor, Lori Lightfoot and Police Chief, Eddie Johnson chose not to attend the event. Can you imagine not attending a police chief conference in your own city? Could you imagine if say a Republican Mayor refused to meet with Obama?

Both the police chief and Mayor have been supporting sanctuary cities which I guess is their excuse for not attending.

What is interesting is that according to the AP article, the Fraternal Order of Police have stated their support for Trump. So the police leadership is going against the rank and file. Eddie Johnson was recently found sleep/drunk in his car a couple of weeks ago.

Interesting times...

In Chicago, Trump calls the city and embarrassment.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

It's just crazy town over there and some of it is starting to spill over here in Milwaukee.
I see that Milwaukee wants to tax Uber and Lyft just like their neighbor South.

Is Illinois just trying to go down the tubes as fast as possible?
sad sad sad.

The police there have to be sick of the nonsense!

edit on 28-10-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Chicken?

They know they are a disgrace to the City and the Police Department. Trump doesn't tend to mince words when it comes to continuous and systemic ineptness and disregard for the law. These two don't need to be present to look bad. A couple of cowards hiding under a pretense.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

“It’s embarrassing to us as a nation,” Trump said. “All over the world they’re talking about Chicago. Afghanistan is a safe place by comparison.”
(from your link)

Yeah, he says it like it is - 45-2020

And the Chief of Police? "Bwaaak bwaaak bwak bwak'...

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

People like the chief and the mayor and their freaky followers
who hate America but won't leave are going to have to be dealt
with real soon.

Before they do more damage.

Gawd damned idiots!

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Those Chief and Mayor,MSM outlets who protect them should worry more about the rising crime rates in Chicago then getting mixed in national politics.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox

Those Chief and Mayor,MSM outlets who protect them should worry more about the rising crime rates in Chicago then getting mixed in national politics.

The problem is truly examining the crime rates in Chicago requires admitting to some uncomfortable truths that contradict their political thinking....

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I have always thought that the Mayors and the Chiefs in these type of cities are on the take.

That is the only reason I can think of as to why it's such an unsafe place.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox

So you don't see the rising crime as one of their goals in the first place? A man
named Ted Gunderson pointed to an agenda that included corruption of this
sort and a great deal more. And even the political goals behind these corrupt
policies we see today. The earliest public figure to nail it all down with the
most accuracy I have seen to date.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Whenever the people with all the wealth, power And who make all the rules point to those with no wealth or power and who make none of the rules and say “they are the problem.” Be very , very skeptical.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

Whenever the people with all the wealth, power And who make all the rules point to those with no wealth or power and who make none of the rules and say “they are the problem.” Be very , very skeptical.
Sounds like Cali and its Congress members.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

So the mayor and the police chief of a major US city have no power?

I guess it's true. With the problems facing Chicagoland, the tide must be too great.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

I guess it's true. With the problems facing Chicagoland, the tide must be too great.

The present Chicago Machine is the same as 100 years ago.
Even THAT may not be as much of a problem as the city
regularly proving that passing bad laws doesn't make a bad
situation any better.. and the whole system, top to bottom
has been passing bad laws since slavery was abolished.
Oh wait... let's call it something else and EVERYBODY can be one.

Thanks AB.. I didn' hear about Chief Eddie getting sleepy in the
car. I hope he gets to be a pedestrian for 20 to life as well.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

Not relative to the federal government, nor the big business interests in Chicago..

Do you think the mayor and police chief of any major city control much?!?!

Hell no..

You got the old money , whatever the ten biggest corporations are, exc.... all Are likely to own the local mayor and police chief in every city..

You are right though.. This post wasn’t a great 1 for 1 analogy for my quote..

I think it still applies... you have the president pointing at someone with crazy less ability to make changes than he has, but the chief and mayor are not exactly powerless either are they???

So definitely not the best comparison lol..

It would absolutely 100% perfectly apply to TPTB pointing at illegal aliens.. the federal government could have severely gone after anyone employing them years ago... Totally removing all the ones who come here for work..

No Ice required... then the only ones sneaking in are drug types and not at all sympathetic..

So when TPTB point at illegals and pretend they are keeping wages low or whatever else... they are only there because of the rules those with all the wealth and power make.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

“It’s embarrassing to us as a nation,” Trump said. “All over the world they’re talking about Chicago. Afghanistan is a safe place by comparison.”
(from your link)

This is actually true. Chicago is talked about these days, even by semi informed populace. Word gets around.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

That's a lot to unpack.

At the local level, the mayor and PC wield a lot of control. Or should. Chicago should be in better shape than it is. My uneducated guess is the city and all the suburbs is simply too big. The corruption is too entrenched.

I agree 100% on enforcing illegal hiring laws. If companies did not hire them, there would be little incentive to come here illegally. But they keep on doing it and blaming illegals at the same time. Pretty convenient.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
December 2, 2019

Looks like President Trump's instincts have proven correct again.

Today, the mayor of Chicago fired Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson for drunkenness, and lying to her on more than one occasion.

Source: www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
December 2, 2019

Looks like President Trump's instincts have proven correct again.

Today, the mayor of Chicago fired Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson for drunkenness, and lying to her on more than one occasion.

Source: www.chicagotribune.com...

Sounds like the good police chief got caught out on a fling with another woman and got himself a little drunk.

I'm always amazed at how men in powerful positions throw it all away over pootang...

new topics

top topics

join