It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annoying GIF's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Am I the only one here who finds those annoying flash 'gif's, well... annoying? Is there any way you could be so kind as to have the option to add gif's removed from the website completely or just to have them only for member's home pages?

I'm sure I'm not the only one here to find them very annoying on the eye and think they were invented to cause problem's relating to the brain and eyes!

If you don't want to remove them just because I want them removed, maybe we can take a vote on them in a thread?? A majority vote for or against wins and they are either removed or not.

Thanks very much in advance.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I don't know what you're talking about.

edit on Oct 28th 2019 by Djarums because: Image removed, please don't do that.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Are you talking about member avatars? If that bothers you then only sign in when you want to post a comment because they do not show up otherwise.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Wow, that is annoying.

Epilepsy much?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

It doesn't bother me. But I tried to make a gif of the old tv static with a picture of Carol Anne in front of the tv and the mods removed it for me because it was a moving picture. I've seen several moving pics for avys but figured mine must have been different so I don't bother using gifs now.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Wow, that is annoying.

Epilepsy much?

Sorry.

Lol

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Am I the only one here who finds those annoying flash 'gif's, well... annoying? Is there any way you could be so kind as to have the option to add gif's removed from the website completely or just to have them only for member's home pages?

I'm sure I'm not the only one here to find them very annoying on the eye and think they were invented to cause problem's relating to the brain and eyes!

If you don't want to remove them just because I want them removed, maybe we can take a vote on them in a thread?? A majority vote for or against wins and they are either removed or not.

Do you need a little coddle?

Im fairly certain Gifs werent invented just to annoy people with brain issues, I dont think youre special enough to warrant that

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

So you've only been a member for about a month and you're already complaining and calling for a vote to remove things that annoy you?

Should we fluff your pillow and bring you your pipe and slippers as well?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
You can turn avatars off on the myATS settings section.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
😊

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Are they ads or just random flashing gif's.

What do they look like?

Where are they in the page?

Some avatars are annoying and some are cool. Not as annoying as some of the words here on the site, for sure.

edit on 28-10-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It's generally not too bad when someone has an animated avatar as long as it isn't super annoying but I'm sick and tired of those "meme" type gifs people post all over the internet of the same thing happening over and over. Like someone making a stupid facial expression or some moron clapping. Not really needed and irritating and makes any page that contains one of them unnecessarily busy.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

There is that animated fly signature that always gets me and it is annoying but respect to the one that made/has it.

If it is getting me distracted that often, it is good work.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Do you mean like my avatar OP ?

I don’t see what is so irritating about it. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Are you talking about member avatars? If that bothers you then only sign in when you want to post a comment because they do not show up otherwise.

Well, they show up on threads when ,member's reply to posts or members just insert them into posts and they flash crazy with stupid childish things.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

those bloody flashing gif's that anyone can get off the web and then use them as avatars or insert them in posts

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Wow, that is annoying.

Epilepsy much?

oh, you saw one in an earlier post?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

It doesn't bother me. But I tried to make a gif of the old tv static with a picture of Carol Anne in front of the tv and the mods removed it for me because it was a moving picture. I've seen several moving pics for avys but figured mine must have been different so I don't bother using gifs now.

Thanks for that.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

So you've only been a member for about a month and you're already complaining and calling for a vote to remove things that annoy you?

Should we fluff your pillow and bring you your pipe and slippers as well?

Nope! I was a member for a long while before but left, now I' m back with a different profile. Is that ok with you?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join