It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Katie Hill resigns

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well, the next time a representative violates House rules, I'm sure they'll resign.

I mean, just Googling certain existing House members who have already violated House rules shouldn't be a standard or anything.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I don't have a clue why someone was taking pictures of the two of them. It wasn't very smart.

I do not think what she did was that bad, but I am not a Democrat that throws people under the bus. I guess if someone in congress is to have an affair or lie or do bad things, they have to do it in a particular way or it is cause for ethics issues. Deceiving people is not illegal if it is done a certain way, and having an affair is also not a problem unless certain parameters are breached. She screwed up by going out with someone under her, a lot of people in this country went out with their boss and married them.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

She did so much in Congress. Just like her Dim colleagues.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

According to her resignation letter, the guy taking the pics is the estranged/ex husband and the relationship was abusive.

Apparently, he has these pics and more as she alludes to other things that might be coming.

Sorry for the phrasing.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well, the next time a representative violates House rules, I'm sure they'll resign.

I mean, just Googling certain existing House members who have already violated House rules shouldn't be a standard or anything.

They're all psychopaths in my book.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Her biggest vulnerabilities are bribery, coercion, and blackmail 😎

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It's so strange that elected officials give themselves the boot when they get outed for their sexual kinks, but Schiff and the other scum keep their jobs.

If she was crooked, fine. Take a walk, but I'm no saint and I don't expect others to be. It's petty and stupid tabloid stuff.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

" a rising presidential hopeful "

Is this the opening Chapter of your Next Fiction Novel ? It Stinks , in All Honesty .

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless
.....meanwhile Epstein and Prince Andrew are probably on a beach somewhere sipping cocktails.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Personally, I don't care what other people do. Even members of Congress. Unfortunately, this chick allowed her high-school level of immature sexual activity to enter her professional career, whether intended or not. Good riddance, imo. Congress sucks bad enough, we don't need to make it even worse by adding high-school level drama into the fold.

edit on 27-10-2019 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Good point about letting it enter the workplace.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Its the dailymail but it looks like they got an exclusive and it appears she has a nazi tattoo in an area that is not easily visible in public.

Katie Hill, 32, has been seen in a series of shocking photographs obtained exclusively by DailyMail.com. One of the most scandalous photographs, shows a naked Hill holding a giant bong filled with a murky brown liquid, taken on September 11, 2017. On her bikini line is a tattoo of a Nazi-era Iron Cross

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 161031America/ChicagoSun, 27 Oct 2019 22:16:07 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

According to her resignation letter, the guy taking the pics is the estranged/ex husband and the relationship was abusive.

Apparently, he has these pics and more as she alludes to other things that might be coming.

Sorry for the phrasing.

In other words....it was probably a threesome. Or, it could be he just liked to watch and take pictures.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Sorry for the phrasing.

In other words....it was probably a threesome. Or, it could be he just liked to watch and take pictures.

Maybe. But the fact we're discussing that possibility is insane to me. Her personal life is not worth discussion at ALL, imo.

In no way am I trying to sound contradictory, but she already made her grave here. She's gonna have to lie in it. Let's not treat this as some soap-opera where we all gotta figure out what's going on in the relationship. We don't know, we shouldn't care, but keep high-school level BS out of Congress. That's all I know.
edit on 27-10-2019 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TomLawless
It's so strange that elected officials give themselves the boot when they get outed for their sexual kinks, but Schiff and the other scum keep their jobs.

If she was crooked, fine. Take a walk, but I'm no saint and I don't expect others to be. It's petty and stupid tabloid stuff.

Agreed.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

This is why older people are better. Less chance for this kind of thing.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Without knowing anything about this story except for the comments in this thread and through reading her resignation letter, what I have to say is this: she's not apologizing for anything she did. She is blaming her ex-husband for all of whatever this is. She doesn't take a single shred of responsibility for anything. Read it again if you think she is doing something virtuous; is she? She is blaming others for the whole thing, whatever it is.

Maybe she didn't do anything wrong- I haven't followed the story. What I really dislike is her attempt in the letter to make it sound like she is doing something good, and maybe she is, but she takes no responsibility and blames others. She has to have had some role or have done SOMETHING wrong at some point, or the situation wouldn't be here, right?

This blaming thing is a rampant problem on BOTH sides of the aisle- it's one of the things they all have in common, but it does seem to be more visible from the Democrats. It's definitely a defining trait of the last and current generation of young adults and kids, so it sucks to see it being reinforced and modeled for them.

Suck it all.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
Looks like Republicans have no problem with a Bi woman but Democrats certainly do

Looks like your partisan slant is preventing you from seeing all the facts.

The original hit piece and nude photos were published on RedState, a conservative political blog (not by democrats), and Matt Gaetz is a single republican who doesn't speak for the party as a whole.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
This is the edge of the sword of identity politics.

When you run on superficial issues instead of platform policies, you run the risk of dying based on superficial issues.

Nah, the issue here isn't so much her bisexuality, etc.

The real issue is the same boat Clinton got impeached for, Hill initially denied the allegations. It's not wise to lie, especially when there's proof of a given allegation being true.
edit on 10/28/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Heh.

Well, ummm, then every Representative that has ever lied should resign immediately.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join