It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first mix in 10+ years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   
These are the first projects I have mixed/produced in over a decade. Enjoy.

-DJ DROP

(Google Drive Links)

b4i4get

jaded

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Not my type of music but the b4i4get was a cool one. Seems well produced. I liked the anime and then the backwoods breakdown section. Anime and heavy metal scenes are pretty cool all around

Looks very professional for your first mix in 10+ years. Nice job.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

Both were very good. Very well done, looks like you haven't missed a beat. I listen to both kinds of music you posted. In fact Yelawolf is my favorite rapper.

I had never seen that leo Moracchioli did that Psycho Soilder song with banjos, I loved that!. I like mixes of the music that I like like you did adding in your own sounds and beats but not getting too overwhelming with the additions. Very smooth and professionally done.

I think you could make some decent change if you did one of these on YouTube along with Patreon if you did one once or twice a week.

Good job, star and flag!

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I think you did a wonderful job! Kudos!

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Thanks you for the compliments! Just so everyone knows I didn't create any of the visuals or music from scratch and don't wanna take credit for that. I simply took a DJ style approach mixing existing material but focused on the visuals as well as the audio and added a few effects, blends etc. They were fun to make and it helps practice if I decide to get back into producing original artists again from scratch. Or if I decide to start DJing again and breaking out the projector live, which looks badass btw, even with cheap projectors. I always made sure their was a projector running at the shows I threw and it made the whole experience more interesting.

I know I am going to make a few more mixes so I decided to name the collection and eventually string them all together into one big vidmix. I'm going to call it:

DJ DROP - #LESSONSANDLIFETIMES

I made a new one today about a really deep topic. I am pretty sure I will start the whole project with this one when I tie them all together. The link is below and I will update the thread. Thanks again for checking it out and the kind words!

Happy?

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

When I first saw that banjo cover I almost fell out of my seat! It's maybe 1.5 years old. If you didn't look it up and watch the whole thing yet, def check it out. That's a great idea to use Patreon to at least get my mixes to the people I know would appreciate them. Im going to look into it and I will def keep you posted. And I'm so happy you noticed how subtle I wanted to make them. I feel alot of times mixes are overproduced and then it almost gets boring as the mix is getting more intense lol and that happens alot with rock mixes I have seen done, so thank you for noticing that bc that was important to me too.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

you're good , I enjoyed your music

top topics

join