It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Sorry - A Needed Apology

page: 1

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I have been a member for 7 years now. Technically longer, but 7 years ago is when I created this current account and have no idea what email the first account was under.

Anyway lol

I would just like to say that I am sorry if I ever offended anyone.

I am a passive aggressive person and such a nice person offline that anytime I was angry at the world or anyone that hurt me, I would come here with my anger and my logic and troll as an alternative outlet to get it out bc I wouldn't defend myself against the real abusers I have had or do any real action that would stop oppressions I saw worldwide.

My ability to ask questions to make people lose their cool has been my defense my whole life and ATS became a great target for me to unload that. Recently I have been beat down so bad by those I trusted with everything and my values rocked to their core by situations I finally couldn't talk my way out of that I had to really self reflect and rebuild my character and beliefs just to mentally survive and make sure it never happens again. So an apology here is def. part of that process.

Thank you everyone for this amazing site, all of your incredible intellect, and for the crazy and dangerous experiences any of you have went through to be able to bring input here for me to expand my personal awareness of the world. And thank you for dealing with my immaturity and growing pains from 26-36 yrs old. I have learned so much and look forward to learning so much more here and again I am sorry if I hurt anyone on one of my personal crusades of cowardness cloaked in logical debate.

Sincerely

- The Tony

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   
You shouldn’t need to apologize. A lot of us here are assholes and deserve what we get...myself included. However, nice gesture...is this part of a 12 step program?

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

I do not know you and I have no clue what happened.
But seeing you reflect about yourself and apologize in the after math is something I have respect for and value

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Thank you Oleandra88. I appreciate that.

Metallicus - Ha! I try to stay away from ATS when I am drinking, even before. This was just something that has been on my mind since I went back through the topics I created a few months ago.

We are all very strong in our beliefs here and have no issue defending them and duking it out mostly in the name of those we feel our beliefs protect that may not have a voice. It is a good thing. I feel ATS is probably one of the only real watchdogs out there against oppression. As a group we should all take alot of pride that we are here watching and digging and all very passionate to expose anyone who is doing oppressive or abusive activities world wide. So much so that we are willing to tear into each other even though none of us are the direct targets of the topic/activity/conspiracy. So imagine the hell we will cause the actually target if said accusation or conspiracy is cracked here. Both sides will go after them. I feel we really keep those with power on their toes.

I read the book Communion when I was nine and have been studying the paranormal and anything I considered an incredible mystery or problem to solve ever since. I came to ATS for the Aliens lol. Now it has morphed into truth seeking across the board. Obviously politics is huge now here and there are def moles from both sides stoking flames here that are well paid to do it and then normal folk like myself. On that note, I feel the intense political machine that is here and worldwide right now is smoke and mirrors to keep our eyes off of the massive amount of debt worldwide that career politicians created and they simply dont want us focused on the sacrifices we will all have to make to pay for it now. So they are feeding us drama, reality TV style crap they know the public easily falls for. Im rambling.

I cant speak for everyone but I know the source of my posts here werent always for the common cause we serve to the people. Like when myself and several other members fed the boards with live police radio scanner links during the shooting in the Inland Empire some years back. That was worthy but sometimes I was just trolling. And ATS has just grown too important and influential for me to be ok with downgrading it like that and I wanted to apologize. And of course I do care if I offended anyone out of spite instead of debating them.
edit on 27-10-2019 by tonycodes because: software is sh!t

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Kudos.

See you around

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I haven't seen you 'in action' here, but respect your willingness to speak about yourself plainly. Best wishes for a straightforward return to the path in life you seek.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Op is on my enemies list if i remember,lol. Anyway Apology accepted. Now where did i put that delete button at....

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

After self reflection and improving things in your life, you have grown. No matter what our age, there is always something to learn. We can find inspiration from within and from others around us.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
OP can I piggyback an apology here?

ETA just kidding I'll issue my own at the appropriate time; I don't want to steal your thunder. I always think it's nice when people realize their trespasses on others and attempt to mend their broken fences.
edit on 10/28/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Haha my bad, I can only imagine. I really scaled back about a year or so ago once I realized what I was doing here. But if you look at some of the threads I have made over the years, you can see I def was not using my logic in the best way.

And yes anyone who wants to jump in here and lift some weight off their shoulders with some self reflection and an apology for passionately or therapeutically going off the rails on ATS is more than welcome. It really is liberating. (^o^)丿

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Also I started mixing again for the first time in 10 years and getting back to my first passion which is helping me self reflect too. If you wanna check it out I made a thread with links to my new vidmixes in the music section.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join