It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

morbidly beautiful.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
There's this thing. We all have it yet none of us know what it is. We can't know what it is because we are all still alive.
The most beautiful thing you ever experienced. We will all have one. But we can't say what it is until we die.
And if it's true and there is no after life no one will ever know what that thing was. It will be ours alone.

So if you ever find yourself with a person that is dying. Ask them to talk about what that thing is. I'm sure it will surprise you.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

If you have ever spoken to people dying, there is one thing, simple, logical and often the most overlooked thing we experience everyday

Be it children, spouse, parents or just friends, hard to believe but even a pet
Nearly every single person I spoke to said it was relationships and nearly every single person said they didn’t work hard enough on their relationships
A couple have said their home country or childhood, never possessions, never

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   
the most beautiful thing ive ever seen
is a thing which never was,
a vision, a seed
of how things were always meant to be.
Light-hearted and wondrous
communion between neighbors
carefully measured
and thought out communication
between collaborating partners.
a deep, underlying beauty and meaning
just beneath the surface
of everything-
its nothing.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Interesting perspective.

I can tell you right now, after the difficulty i have faced, that the most beautiful thing in my life is and has been my wifes hands. Just her touching my back brings exquisite pleasure to me.

Until that day on a deathbed happens, im going to relish any memory I have of her touching me.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

If you have ever spoken to people dying, there is one thing, simple, logical and often the most overlooked thing we experience everyday

Be it children, spouse, parents or just friends, hard to believe but even a pet
Nearly every single person I spoke to said it was relationships and nearly every single person said they didn’t work hard enough on their relationships
A couple have said their home country or childhood, never possessions, never

Im not even 50, and I have regrets about relationships. The thing is, its the relationships I've put the most effort into that i regret not putting more into. My wife is better than human, and deserves far more than I can ever be for her. My sons both deserve more of my attention and input (if only they were willing). My mom lives with me and I still yearn to spend more time with her and become closer.

I get this feeling all too well I think. And I don't think i will ever regret not putting more time into other relationships (which I avoid for my own mental health usually).

top topics

join