It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She texted her (dead) father and - got a reply

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Chastity lost her Dad. Soul crushing for this young woman who evermore continued to text him - every day in fact, sharing her life with what she thought was a 'void', on the 'other end'.

23-year-old Chastity Patterson of Newport, Arkansas, lost her father four years ago.

She'd been keeping his memory alive through texting his number each night, updating him on the ins and outs of her day, hoping he was listening.

On Thursday, October 25, the day before the fourth anniversary of her father's death, she recounted her year. "Hey Dad it's ME," Chastity said. "Tomorrow is going to be a tough day again."

Then, she got a reply...

"Hi sweetheart, I am not your father, but I have been getting all your messages for the past 4 years," replied Brad, a man who lost his daughter in 2014.

"I'm sorry you lost someone so close to you, but I have listened to you over the years," Brad continued. "You are an extraordinary woman and I wish my daughter would have become the woman you are."
link to story
That Brad lost his daughter, and beyond all explanation made a connection to a young girl who'd lost her Dad?

It's one of the most beautiful things I've read in a long time.

God works in mysterious way?

You bet.
edit on 5527Saturday201913 by silo13 because: extra sapcing

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
What a nice reply to her.

Thankfully the number didn't end up with some jackass with an extremely dark sense of humor.

Like me.

"Ohh my god....I just got a text...FROM MY FATHER."

**Clicks**

"What is it, what did he send?????"

**pause**

"It's a dick pic........"
edit on 26-10-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Even though I laughed, and then wanted to slap myself ?

You will not steal my joy, lol!

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Why is God needed for this to have occured?

a reply to: silo13

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Because He's the miracle maker...

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

I guess because of the odd we’re extremely large for them both to have lost and come into contact with each other

You’re right though, luck is not god, but inside without the thought of the existence of god a creater, and an heaven, and an afterlife, somewhere we all go to be with each other again, as a big family etc

It gives us hope, a sense of belonging, in an endless infinity of darkness

It helps some people

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Would you prefer "a higher power" to not get triggered by the word "God", or are you an atheist who believes that there is no God and man himself is the higher power?

So did you do it then?

Because if man himself is the higher power then basically you are nothing.

Since there are men that are better than you, are over you, have a higher status then you, men that own you.

edit on 26-10-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Star and flag. Though It didn't really need a religious spin. There actually are some decent people in the world who are not dead inside.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Well... I don't believe it's a spin...

Think of the vast amount of telephone numbers 'out there' -

Then - that a man who lost his daughter in '14 - would get a new phone number - anddddd start to receive texts every night from a young woman who lost her Dad?

That must be odds like winning the multi-billion $ lottery.

I choose to believe it wasn't odds, but a benevolent God who knew these two needed each other.

Regardless of 'how it came to be' in your opinion?

It's still - a miracle and beautiful and incredible lovely.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Nice story Silo13.
Wonder if that 2nd dad freaked-out, when he received the first couple of texts ?
Perhaps he thought he was receiving texts from his departed daughter ?

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Nice story Silo13.
Wonder if that 2nd dad freaked-out, when he received the first couple of texts ?
Perhaps he thought he was receiving texts from his departed daughter ?

That thought never occurred to me. It must have freaked him out. He probably did a little digging though and came to realize what was going on. It must have touched him to read all those texts for so long and no doubt made him feel closer to his deceased daughter.

Yet at the same time part of me feels he was being dishonest by not disclosing earlier he was receiving the texts. Like he had an inside view of her life without her knowing. A little creepy ? 🤷🏻‍♀️

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think that was a very up lifting story !

Thank you for sharing it.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I'd prefer a god that didn't play mind games.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
a reply to: Lumenari

I'd prefer a god that didn't play mind games.

And if your preference was considered even the slightest BIT that would
make you god. But God is God and he gave you a choice. The spin works for me!
edit on 27-10-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Aw that is so heartwarming.

There is more to it, imagine getting text with personal stuff for four years. First you ignore it, then you realize the situation. Then you know you can not just text back and need to be careful with the words. All this together with loosing the own daughter. I can imagine that it could have been both a curse and a blessing for coping.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   
What a touching story. Actually brought tears to my eyes. I hope they still keep in contact with each other.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   
As beautiful as this story appears, there is something off about it to me and that is the length of time it took for the man to come forward and admit he was receiving her texts. Four years is a long time !!

If I was this girl’s mother I wouldn’t be happy with the idea of a male stranger on the receiving end of many intimate texts about my daughter’s everyday life , who was keeping it a secret from her. For four years !

Think I’m changing my mind about this feel good story .. no offence to the OP.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I just tried this with my mother. I never knew her number was still in my phone its been almost 6 years and many phone. I typed her number and it popped up under momma lol. I texted it the person said sorry wrong number? Told them the situation I'm hoping they're cool about it.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Valid question. God is not needed for this to have occurred, but no harm done. The OP was not proselytizing, just stating a personal belief.

edit on 10/27/2019 by Klassified because: re-word

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Hi Sheye.
Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, the 2nd dad probably went through a few different stages, while processing the new messages.
Perhaps something like what Oleandra88 describes in their post.

Can see the possibility for creepiness, but can't agree with your later post, where you are beginning to think that creepy is the most likely scenario.

The vast majority of folks, are good honest people. Sometimes we tend to forget that, and expect the worst from anyone and everyone.

Secondly: just can't bring myself to see the 'girl' as any kind of victim.
Whom does not know, that abandoned cell-phone numbers, are re-issued by the telcos ?
She said that she graduated college with honors, so should have at least considered the possibility, no ?
And why should her mom get angry ? We're talking about a 23 year-old woman, not a little girl.

Now an email: that would be different.
Some kind of email addys are recycled, others not.
Then we all know that, at the very least, it's gonna get read by some nerdy spook, at their tiny 'shared' workstation.
(Hi guys ! LoL ! )

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join