It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Eagle has landed ... a huge mobile bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Random I grant you but Russian Orntihologists have used up their entire budget on SMS charges while studying migrating Eagles.

Here only for the giggles.
www.theregister.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Nope, doesnt answer my mystery..
Yesterday, my son heard a message come over the radio...
"The eagle lands at midnight on".... then it named one of the mountains in the area... what made it even weirder was he said it didnt seem related to anything said before or after..
I guess it's too far of a stretch to think that we have a bunch of Russians on our mountains running around trying to catch one of their eagles and turn off the electronic gadget that is running up their bill??

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru
Random I grant you but Russian Orntihologists have used up their entire budget on SMS charges while studying migrating Eagles.

Here only for the giggles.
www.theregister.co.uk...

Technically, world gov can make texting completely free world wide. Too bad everyone needs to make money. Oh right, I forgot we got to pay all those spy agencies to watch what you text too
edit on 26-10-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
My first smartphone plan, I had "unlimited data".....yea right......it was unlimited connection time, NOT unlimited data, which was why I got a $255 bill for a month when streaming my local radio station at work.

Just a random memory.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

yeah - quite amusing

this came up on a comms and electronics group i is member off

and my response bears repeat hear :

these data roaming charges are pure gouging - the actual cost of the texts is about $5 - yup five

glad to see one of the carriers has realised that the publicity of waiving the bill is better than the bill

thats been edited into story since i read it

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
Too bad everyone needs to make money.

Doesn't sound very 'merican
edit on 10/28/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

And another writeup from the Inq ...

www.theinquirer.net...

"It sounds like a win, but that figure is a fraction of the total bill. Or total beak if you prefer.

Fortunately, when Russian carrier Megafon heard the sorry tale, it scrubbed the charges and found a more inclusive tariff for the birds."

new topics

top topics

join