It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A letter from the Congressional Homeland Security Chair

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

but I think ONLY a group of Democrats were involved in the SCIF hearing.

Why would you think that?

Forty-seven Republican lawmakers from three House committees — Intelligence, Foreign Affairs and Oversight — have been allowed to attend and participate in all of the depositions of the eight diplomats and government officials brought in to testify so far. The 57 Democrats from those three committees also may attend, but no other lawmakers from either party may enter.
….
Some of the president’s strongest allies, Reps. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) and Lee Zeldin (R-N.Y.), have been in the room for nearly every minute of the depositions, according to GOP aides. Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), former chairman of the conservative House Freedom Caucus and a Trump ally, is there nearly as often. The trio have asked the majority of the questions on behalf of Republican members, Rouda said.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I would be interested in knowing who those 47 Republicans are.
Any Links to who they are?

intelligence.house.gov...
foreignaffairs.house.gov...
oversight.house.gov...

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Sookie, you are right about the Republicans being in on the hearings behind closed doors. But the secret hearings in the SCIF have only included Democrats, iirc.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

You are incorrect in your recollections. All committee members may attend the closed door hearings.

These aren't secret meetings. They're depositions being conducted in committee, in a secure SKIF. Both parties serve on all 3 committees. No party is excluded from their committee meetings. Both party's committee members are allowed to attend. Both parties are given equal time to question the witnesses.

ETA: Here's Devin Nunes talking about how the Republicans have "shredded" William Taylor's testimony.

Devin Nunes: Republicans DESTROYED Bill Taylor’s testimony in minutes… [UPDATED WITH MORE] therightscoop.com...

He was there. So was John Ratcliffe.

edit on 24-10-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

I would be interested in knowing who those 47 Republicans are.
Any Links to who they are?

www.usatoday.com...

Hope this helps

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Republican's have been in all the closed door hearings .... they are represented and can participate in the questioning ... it was a stunt and nothing more.

A quote from the Christian Monitor:

Democrats point out that Republican lawmakers and staff have been in the room for all of these sessions, and have had opportunities to question the witnesses. Closed-door depositions, held without press and TV cameras present, are not an infrequent occurrence on the Hill, particularly when sensitive information may be involved. Democrats also say public hearings are coming, possibly as soon as mid-November.

www.csmonitor.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Yes I could - but personally I prefer direct sources. I'm sure you would be able to find many links, maybe even some to your tastes that link to this formal document.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

If you 'think' that 'only democrats were involved, then you should be able to find some verifiable source for your 'thought'. Otherwise, it's just a random 'thought'. I get those all the time and have learned Not To Believe Everything I Think .

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Thank you for responding to my question.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

but I think ONLY a group of Democrats were involved in the SCIF hearing.

Why would you think that?

Forty-seven Republican lawmakers from three House committees — Intelligence, Foreign Affairs and Oversight — have been allowed to attend and participate in all of the depositions of the eight diplomats and government officials brought in to testify so far. The 57 Democrats from those three committees also may attend, but no other lawmakers from either party may enter.
….
Some of the president’s strongest allies, Reps. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) and Lee Zeldin (R-N.Y.), have been in the room for nearly every minute of the depositions, according to GOP aides. Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), former chairman of the conservative House Freedom Caucus and a Trump ally, is there nearly as often. The trio have asked the majority of the questions on behalf of Republican members, Rouda said.

www.latimes.com...

Excellent catch. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I for one don't like what the Republicans did.

On the other hand, Democrats leak information from those classified hearings every day, so I'm not sure they have any room to complain.

Not to mention Democrats and liberals defended Hillary Clinton aggressively in the face of much more egregious and dangerous violations of national security with her email scandal.

The Left's credibility with regard to concern for national security is pretty much nonexistent.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I didn’t think you would.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

when it comes to potential impeachment nothing should be done in secret, doing things in secret only leads to further division in my opinion.

So if the republicans were the secret meeting holder I would hope the democrats or independents would storm the meetings when it comes to something as important as an impeachment inquiry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join