It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TX Plumber whose Truck Auctioned off for ISIS Terror in Syria Finally Settles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
But how did it get there? Department of State bought/won it with US taxpayer dollars, then shipped it to Syria for proxy operations?

Or what?! Hardly sounds like 'justice' to me. At least destroying a business, worth 'only' 1M or less? Sheesh.

www.usnews.com...

Plumber Whose Decaled Truck Went to Syria Settles Lawsuit

The Texas plumber whose old work truck was acquired by Syrian jihadis who mounted it with a large gun has settled a lawsuit against the car dealership that resold the vehicle without removing a decal bearing the company's name and phone number. The lawsuit sought more than $1 million and was settled quietly for an undisclosed sum.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: letni

How do they not remove the decals ...

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I know right?

Good question. Even the background looks like texas in the clips, not Syria.

Who knows...

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

It's rather hard to believe that the car dealership sold the truck to isis and that seems to have been the most damaging link in the chain. I wasn't even aware that a car dealership was responsible for removing the decals off of the vehicles before they are resold. And, after this story hit the news, I think most people in similar circumstances would be taking that responsibility on themselves, even if it meant just doing a quick and cheap paint job in black spray paint.
But, I would really like to know how it turned up in the middle east in isis hands.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

It's rather hard to believe that the car dealership sold the truck to isis and that seems to have been the most damaging link in the chain. I wasn't even aware that a car dealership was responsible for removing the decals off of the vehicles before they are resold. And, after this story hit the news, I think most people in similar circumstances would be taking that responsibility on themselves, even if it meant just doing a quick and cheap paint job in black spray paint.
But, I would really like to know how it turned up in the middle east in isis hands.

Fast and Furious only with vehicles ?
Probably already had the M60 mounted before it got to ISIS .
O bam a
O bam a

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
tis sloppiness like this that makes me wonder if mil ops even care about remaining discrete

besides American props, red-haired US extras in funny Moslem gsrb additionally give
the Quaeda ISIS Daesh vids away as farcical!

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

How do they not remove the decals ...

Pretty easy..technically, see decal..do nothing.

But ya, f'ing crazy situation. I wonder if the plumber bears a tiny bit of responsibility?

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I would take my company logo off a truck before selling it or trading it in. I wouldn't even bring it in with my company name on it. I usually put my company name on the tool box cappers on my trucks. I had magnetic signs for my van.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Here in Nashville we have hundreds of small car lots owned by people who buy them up and send them overseas. I'm sure many trucks, vans and heavy SUVs have made it off the US streets and into the ME desert. They`ll buy anything that runs put a few decent looking vehicles on the lot for show and even take two wrecked vehicles and weld them together into something that works. It dosent have to be registered because its going out of the country.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Here in Nashville we have hundreds of small car lots owned by people who buy them up and send them overseas. I'm sure many trucks, vans and heavy SUVs have made it off the US streets and into the ME desert. They`ll buy anything that runs put a few decent looking vehicles on the lot for show and even take two wrecked vehicles and weld them together into something that works. It dosent have to be registered because its going out of the country.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Interesting how focus seems to be on why someone trading his truck in at the US dealership for an upgrade, didnt somehow sanitize the vehicle's paintjob first (possibly rendering it untradeable).

Rather than how a truck traded into a TX dealership ended up in ISIS productions that are supposedly filmed in Syria, etc not Vegas or Hollywood.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: serpo

red-haired US extras in funny Moslem gsrb additionally give
the Quaeda ISIS Daesh vids away as farcical!

You dont think there are red heads on the ME?

Are you not aware of the custom of dying their hair red either?

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It's not really a mystery as to how it got there, cars and vehicles get shifted around all over the place. I drive a truck (semi truck as it's pronounced in the US) when my company upgrades its fleet and gets rid of the older models they are stripped down and put into containers and shipped off to Africa where they are reassembled

But as rickymouse said, before selling my truck I'd take off anything that has any link to my company. Whether it got sent to Syria or not if you sell a truck on with your companies name still on it, it could be used for anything not just for terrorists but somebody might want to use it as a decoy or to frame you

new topics

top topics

join