It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLB Umpire Investigated After Pro Trump Twitter Post

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Major League Baseball is investigating an umpire after he posted on Twitter that "he would buy a semi-automatic rifle ahead of a feared second U.S. Civil War if President Trump were to be impeached"

MLB umpire threatens civil war over Trump impeachment inquiry, prompts investigation

www.foxnews.com...

The post was made from his private Twitter account not one associated with MLB.

He's well within his First Amendment rights to speak out about exercising his Second Amendment rights. I don't see where MLB has any right to investigate him SNIP

edit on 10/24/2019 by Blaine91555 because: snipped politically baiting remark.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

#IStandWithRobDrake

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

While the government won't punish you thus insuring your 1st Amendment rights stay intact, government-by-proxy, ideology will make sure you are punished for saying anything not approved.

This is the way of the world now.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

sad, I was hoping the MLB would keep out of the wokeness.

I pretty much could give a # less about any professional sports lately except hockey.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

His tweet per your link-

“I will be buying an AR-15 tomorrow, because if you impeach MY PRESIDENT this way, YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER CIVIL WAR!!! #MAGA2020”,

When I worked for a fortune 500 company, we had to take a few classes a year with the lawyers to go over some things. One class was about our personal and professional life, and making sure we keep the two separate. The rule was we were allowed to have a political voice so long as it was never connected to the brand name we worked for. It was explained that the company was a household name, and that if we ever attach it to our political views, it could bring unneeded scrutiny on the company.

He worded it in a way that could be perceived that he was buying a weapon, and would engage in a civil war. That's his right, but it's also the right of an employer, especially a nationally visible one to distance themselves from it.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

what i have seen so far this trump-army wouldn't be that dangerous because of overweight and other health problems. by the way: who would be the target when it comes to a civil war? kindergardens? schools? book-stores? hospitals? you know these damned leftys are everywhere.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I mean let's face it--

Ump would have been investigated if he tweeted

"Going fishing today. God bless America Trump 2020."

This is the era of hurt feelings and witch hunts.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

If there was any rational thought in the group, I would imagine they would start with Congress and devolve from there. Otherwise, who knows?

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

While the government won't punish you thus insuring your 1st Amendment rights stay intact, government-by-proxy, ideology will make sure you are punished for saying anything not approved.

This is the way of the world now.

Kathy Griffin was let go from CNN after her stunt.

When you operate a company that everyone in the country knows, sometimes you have to let go of employees who bring unneeded attention.

Freedom of speech protects you from the government, but that does not mean you can use it without consequences. It's a right and a responsibility.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
I mean let's face it--

Ump would have been investigated if he tweeted

"Going fishing today. God bless America Trump 2020."

This is the era of hurt feelings and witch hunts.

Maybe, but instead he said I will be buying an AR-15, and if you impeach my president this way, you will have a civil war.

Personally, if I was an employer, I would want to be able to protect my companies image if people were talking about inciting war and their online presence were connected to my enterprise.

Freedom works two ways... You have your rights so long as they do not impede on the rights of others. So for someone trying to run a company or organization, they have the right to protect it's image.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It's a right that gets abused daily.

Hurt feelings now supersede individual rights.

Our society has become thin-skinned.

It's pathetic.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's a right that gets abused daily.

Hurt feelings now supersede individual rights.

Our society has become thin-skinned.

It's pathetic.

They still haven't gone past investigating his tweet.

I had to agree to certain terms when I worked for a large company, one term was about my social media presence and activity. I agreed to it just as I had to agree they had the right to randomly drug test me.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Doesn't MLB have some kind of anti-trust agreement with the US Govt?
Isn't that how congress was able to investigate steroid use?

I'm not sure, but I bet with a good attorney he could take MLB to the cleaners if they try to take any action against him depending on the language in his contract.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Yep we should all just keep our thoughts, ideas, and feelings to ourselves. Don't even use ink and paper for a personal diary.

As I said, this leads to hurt feelings and that leads to witch hunts.

Spanish Inquisition 2.0 is coming.

edit on 24-10-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Ida know...the way some umps call balls and strikes, I'm not sure he is a threat with a weapon, except for collateral damages

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

My last job there was a woman who's job was to monitor our social media posts.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

My last job there was a woman who's job was to monitor our social media posts.

We had a whole division, and as I said, we had a document we had to sign about such activity.

Basically it boiled down to if it was no where on your profile you work for _____ company, you're fine to do as you wish... But if anyone makes the connection and your activity gets put into the public eye and the logo or brand is mentioned in relation to you're activity... You're fair game.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad
a reply to: oloufo

If there was any rational thought in the group, I would imagine they would start with Congress and devolve from there. Otherwise, who knows?

Right Wings are national not rational.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Yep we should all just keep our thoughts, ideas, and feelings to ourselves. Don't even use ink and paper for a personal diary.

While I don't agree this is how things should be... I live by it. I don't have social media accounts, and all my political postings get done on anonymous accounts. It's the age we live in, and even if your Facebook is private, they'll allow some employers to screen it before you get hired.

I agree with DB that our society is too thin skinned, but that doesn't mean I wager my lively hood to test the boundaries. I try my best to keep a clean nose while I bitch about it on ATS... Anyone is welcome to judge me and call me a coward all they wish, so long as they pay my bills.

It really does suck, but at the end of the day it is what it is.

I wouldn't tweet about buying a gun and leaving it open to interpretation that I was going to help start a civil war... I know how corporations and large companies operate.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I have to admit... I'm taken aback that the MLB would get involved in the same crap the NFL and NBA got involved in.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join