It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Platos' Other Half

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   
This has got to be the craziest thing I have ever read...BUT explains a bit as well.

In the beginning man and woman was one...as in literallly one. With eight limbs, two heads etc. They ran using all eight libs...like a gymnast doing backflips. And they tried to overthrow the Gods because they were powerful. Well Zeuss put an end to that by cutting them in half, and rearranging body parts so they look like modern humans. But in the meantime they looked for their companions, and hugged one another for love/comfort...sort of trying to reconnect. It is a fascinating read, but ya gotta be an open-minded person cuz its out there.

Thing is, this was Plato, born in 429 BC, so think of the history they knew back then.

www.laphamsquarterly.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

The origin of love

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Interesting laken. Take Plato and his student Aristotle (later his contemporary). Aristotle held that falling objects fall at a different rate. This belief was held to be true by philosophers and scientists for hundreds if not a thousand years just because he was , well, Aristotle. This set back the development of science for ages and ages.

'' Aristotle proposed that the heat of the male partner during intercourse determined sex. ... If the male's heat could overwhelm the female's coldness, then a male child would form. In contrast, if the female's coldness was too strong (or the male's heat too weak), a female child would form.''

Sometimes I wonder how we have come this far at all...

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Who knows with the passage of time. Its hard to imagine 100 years much less 2400 years. I can imagine what has been lost over the eons. Regardless....what if this trans nonsense was just an original gene coming through. Kinda like the odd gigantica gene.....aka David and Goliath. Even the most crazy notions have a kernal of truth.

Can you imagine unearthing a skeleton of said being. The world would melt. Po

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

That unearthing would be screaming.

Are you at all familiar with Alexander the Great. Big time Greek conqueror? He studied at Aristotle's knee for years and years and then went out and conquered half of Asia or there abouts. Studying him is interesting in that he arguably was gay. He had a ''buddy'' that stayed with him all along the way. Interesting.

I think that the ''gay'' aspect of human sexuality has been with us a long long time, we just do not accent it much in our western histories.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I am not well versed in him, but many. many, many people of that staure in history are of said gay ilk. King James of the Bible persuasion come to mind among others. B ut doing some research led me to the Sacred Band of Thebes. A gay army that ruled Greece.

historydaily.org...

I find it hard to reconcile men that fancy hairy asses vs, a set of firm breasts, but there is something to Platos reckoning, no doubt.

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

And I as well laken. But there are enough that seem to so as to help me understand just how un-gay I am.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The Pagan Greek Philosophers were good at that. Promoting their crazy ideas as knowledge and wisdom. Here's another one (or set) they were instrumental in popularizing:

The Pagan Religious Roots of Evolutionary Philosophies and Philosophical Naturalism (part 1 of 2)

Plato, Aristotle and the other Greek philosophers are covered in part 2.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
The Pagan Greek Philosophers were good at that. Promoting their crazy ideas as knowledge and wisdom. Here's another one (or set) they were instrumental in popularizing:

The Pagan Religious Roots of Evolutionary Philosophies and Philosophical Naturalism (part 1 of 2)

Plato, Aristotle and the other Greek philosophers are covered in part 2.

you just had to turn this into an evolution argument

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   
no time to watch a vid but pagaanism was around long before monotheism....so wouldnt one figure that the fsrther one goes back...the closer to the truth you get?

I think monotheism was just an attempt to corral everyone under one umbrella myself.

a reply to: whereislogic

top topics

join