It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misterspock Scotch review.... Glenfiddich 14 year bourbon barrel reserve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
In short....It gets me drunk.

But I figured I share my movie reviews, might be time to do a few scotch reviews.

I drink a wide variety of spirits and brews. But coming into winter and my soon to be unemployed/self employed/quasi retired status I have a "feeling" i'll be consuming a fair bit of scotch(much more than usual). So......

I've drank my fair share(and others fair share) of scotch. Let's compare notes, or just laugh at the drunk guy.

I'm partial to highland stuff and tend to keep my ass in the highlands, in the 40 to 60 dollar range.

I picked up a, newish to me, offering from glenfiddich that is a 14 year old single malt that is bourbon barrel aged(I love bourbon too).

Overall, for the price, it's pretty good(I believe i paid around 40 bucks for it).

It's pretty smooth, decent "scotch" character that finishes with some mild bourbon flare that isn't too overpowering. Drank it on the rocks, as I do with most scotch/whiskies. I'd probably buy it again, but for the price point I think it's comes in slightly behind the 12 year balvenie that I like at this price point. But compared to a similar priced bottle of bourbon it holds up pretty well.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Pairing, something I often forget that some people like.

This scotch goes very well with a pepsi zero chaser and a sausage hotpocket with a light dose of shame and disappointment.

Overall it's pretty mild though, recommended for ages 12 and up.
edit on 23-10-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well I guess I can do one review and ask for another ?

My review is on Budweiser .

Burrrrrrp

Here’s my request. If you haven’t seen or done a review on this movie.

I wish you would I’d like to hear your opinion .

The lead in it is Anson Mount from “Hell On Wheels”. After watching that series I liked him quite a bit. So I started watching shows that he was in .

When I came across this and thought countryfolk, meth heads , hookers and guns this is going to be great !

One of the trailers said that before this movie is over you’re going to hate this man .

They were right .

I’ve never watched a movie and developed a deep personal anger . I can’t even come up with the proper words to describe it . ( maybe you can help )

Anyway I’d like to hear what you think.

Here’s one of the trailers.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Lol, that's the same stuff that I treat myself for Christmas!

No rocks for me though, I'm one of those sickos that prefers it room temp,

🙂 👌

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Two words pop into mind, hillbilly heaven.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
im not a fan of that brand......

My top two are Dalwhinny and Laphroaig , and if i want something more peaty Peatmonster is amazing......

Scotch is meant to be sipped and enjoyed, not swilled, watered down, or blended with soda lol.......

Id be interested to hear if you guys try these if you like em

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Scotch is meant to be sipped and enjoyed, not swilled, watered down, or blended with soda lol.......

When I was at the Balvenie distillery the malt master said he would punch you in the face if you put ice in any of the older expressions, which I took to mean ANY of them.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Same with good Tequila.

Neat is the only way.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

When I was at the Balvenie distillery the malt master said he would punch you in the face if you put ice in any of the older expressions, which I took to mean ANY of them.

It would be justified as self defense lol

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The interesting thing is both the Balvenie and Glenfiddich distilleries are right next to each other, they're both owned by the same company, William Grant. So the Original Poster is going to be persona non grata in Dufftown.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Pairing, something I often forget that some people like.

This scotch goes very well with a pepsi zero chaser and a sausage hotpocket with a light dose of shame and disappointment.

Overall it's pretty mild though, recommended for ages 12 and up.

Now THAT is pretty funny!!

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Laphroaig is my all time favorite scotch!! Not for the timid though. Just love that stuff!

10 year cask strength, please.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ah, but a few drops of distilled water, mixed in with a glass rod, releases the full potential of a scotch. Both in aroma and character.

Just a few drops mind you. (i.e. less than a teaspoon)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

If you like Burton casked whisky ,you would love The Haig clubman , No water needed for that single malt or any Malt whisky . i had a bottle some months back and loved it .

But i do live near many distillery's in Scotland and have been in a few over the years

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Laphroaig is my all time favorite scotch!! Not for the timid though. Just love that stuff!

10 year cask strength, please.

A friend of mine loves that brand and it is his go to one , Both me and his younger brother thought it tastes like a cleaning agent
honest

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Depends on which Laphroaig I guess.

I try to stick with the aged ones, 10 years or more.

It ain't cheap, but oh boy, is it wonderful!

Just a dram'll do ya.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Ah, but a few drops of distilled water, mixed in with a glass rod, releases the full potential of a scotch. Both in aroma and character.

Just a few drops mind you. (i.e. less than a teaspoon)

Agreed. When I was at the distillery they'll sell you little bottles of the Balvenie and Glenfiddich water.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I think it is a horses for courses one with the Laphroaig , i have heard many say they like it , but it is not one i can handle , my go to ones were Oban or Glenmorangie normally , Years ago when i liked a drink i could get ANY bottle i wanted for 10 $ my friend worked at the docks and was allowed a monthly quota of what they were shipping , no being greedy though
Jesus did i have a drinking habit back then .

It was harder for the guys working in the distillerys to get water than it was to get the whisky , some smuggled out the whisky in hot water bottles tied to their belts
no wonder they are all dead now , and that stuff sells for crazy money 80 + $ a bottle then some , there is a whisky shop at the bottom of the Royal mile in Edinburgh and the bottles are 10K PLUS .

I was lucky enough to know the right people back then and to have worked at a few of them over the years , so life was good

top topics

join