It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China’s Tencent will seamlessly embed video ads directly into movies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I saw this and was well, more impressed than angry.

Thought I'd post it here for you all to ponder over.

They are able to seamlessly, and I really mean seamlessly from some examples in the video on the website/twitter embed ads into movies/tv shows.

ie: Mcdonalds signs over bus schedule postings, Company logos arched over doors, change coffee cup logos.

The possibilities for this are really impressive, you can change the logos you display depending on where you are showing the movie!

Wonder what else they could do with it?

Maybe change Winnie the Pooh into Barney the dinosaur?

Insert a starbucks cup into Game of Thrones? Oh... Wait...

Link to nextweb.com article

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: gspat

Finally! The technology exists to fix movies the way they were always intended to be seen.

You remember the Barbasol can from Jurassic Park? In Michael Crichton's novel, it was actually Gillette.

Finally film lovers and Crichton's spinning corpse can rest in peace.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Great, just another way to shove commercials and ads in our faces.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Some years ago there was some TV series aired on Fox Crime (if I'm not mistaken) that had Portuguese ads on buses, walls, etc. I went looking for one specific episode on YouTube and confirmed that it showed a different advert, so the method has existed for some time.

In this case, apparently, they do it in real time.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

This would have been George Lucas' wet dream for Star Wars.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
wELCOME TO THE HOME OF THE mANDELLA eFFECT.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

All the more reason to watch movies for free. I'm not paying to watch something AND being force fed ads.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop
That's a great point...

Why should the average movie-goer have to pay anything when any and every company can pay to have their ads plastered all over the thing?

The ad revenue should dwarf the box office sales.

Then theaters might not have to butt rape us at the concession stand either.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I'm actually perfectly ok with what I think of as "passive" ads. Product placement in a movie, rather than commercials or a banner across the bottom - as long as it is done in a way that it doesn't "feel" like a commercial.

I don't like seeing close-up shots of Nissan logos 15x in a movie, right before they outrun Ferraris, but if someone is having a cup of coffee in a movie and its clearly Starbuck's - why not? It adds realism. You can see the Nike Swoosh on someone's shoes as they run from the bad guys - no problem! As long as we don't have to endure a zoom in on the shoe, which clearly serves no function other than advertising.

Was it the Deadpool movie that did the obvious product placement poking fun at obvious product placements? Whatever movie it was, that was an all-time win.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Very interesting and impressive. Tencent recently caused Blizzard-Activision (gaming company) to ban and removs the prize money from a player who in a gaming tournament who said "liberate hong kong" on tournament stream.

While this tech is impressive, it will surely be used only as a negative impact on humanity.

I think we should be wary about this company.
www.fool.com...

new topics

top topics

join