It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trillions Of Alien ‘Robot Probes’ May Be In Space But Are Too Small For NASA To Spot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
My thread's title came directly from an article that was published today at foxnews.com. It seems that UFOs and ETs have been getting a lot of coverage in the media recently. Needless to say, this headline grabbed my attention.

Trillions of alien ‘robot probes’ may be in space but are too small for NASA to spot, shock paper claims

The idea of self-replicating spacecraft (von Neumann probes) is nothing new. Back in 1981, a scientist stated "that extraterrestrial intelligences do not exist, based on the absence of von Neumann probes."

In 1981, Frank Tipler[4] put forth an argument that extraterrestrial intelligences do not exist, based on the absence of von Neumann probes. Given even a moderate rate of replication and the history of the galaxy, such probes should already be common throughout space and thus, we should have already encountered them. Because we have not, this shows that extraterrestrial intelligences do not exist.

en.wikipedia.org...

Astrophysicist Zaza Osmanov believes he has an answer to this riddle. In his paper, Osmanov states that aliens might be exploring the universe using self-replicating, nanoscale sized probes that use hydrogen atoms from interstellar dust to power themselves. His theory was inspired by his desire to come up with an answer to the Fermi paradox.

But how would scientists on Earth spot these alien nanoscale probes?

And that brings us to the question of how to spot them – according to Osmanov, this swarm of exploring probes would give off luminous emissions as they gathered up protons in their flight.

If we were looking in the right direction, we should be able to see them, he says, and assuming they were moving in formation, they might look like a comet several kilometres across in the infrared part of the spectrum.

www.sciencealert.com...

According to Osmanov, these nanoscale probes would be extremely efficient and could replicate in just a few years, which would allow them to travel throughout the Universe. Their numbers would become staggering, reaching trillions in a few years of steady reproduction.

He explains that the concept is an attempt at developing an answer to the infamous Fermi Paradox, which wonders why we have yet to find evidence for aliens despite the vastness of the Milky Way galaxy and the seemingly high probably that ETs are 'out there.'

In his paper, Osmanov suggests that perhaps scientists have been looking for the wrong signs of life and theorizes that ETs may rely on self-replicating spacecraft that are built on a nanoscale. Dubbed 'von Neumann probes,' these theoretical craft have been postulated by scientists in the past, however they have largely been dismissed as a possibility since there would not be enough resources in space for such sizeable vehicles to continually reproduce. However, Osmanov argues that incredibly small versions of the probes would be able to harness the necessary materials from hydrogen atoms orbiting space dust.

By virtue of their diminutive size, the astrophysicist says that these probes could number in the trillions yet still be too small for Earth-bound astronomers to spot. In fact, the only way in which we might be able to see these craft is if they came together in a swarm which would, in turn, resemble something similar to a comet out in space.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I've been thinking about something similar recently. You could transmit lots of nanoscale probes much closer to the speed of light than one larger solid craft.

What if an advanced civilization sent out billions of nanoscale probes that could then reconfigure into a larger craft once arriving at the destination?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Good point.

We're just now starting to get into nanoscale development.

A new way to fly, built up from the nanoscale Super-thin ‘nanocardboard’ can levitate using only the power of light, opening the door to tiny flying machines with no moving parts.

The military already utilizes an earth based, unmanned nanodrone. Can you imagine an advanced alien civilization hundreds of thousands, or perhaps, millions of years more advanced than us?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I've been thinking about something similar recently. You could transmit lots of nanoscale probes much closer to the speed of light than one larger solid craft.

What if an advanced civilization sent out billions of nanoscale probes that could then reconfigure into a larger craft once arriving at the destination?

It is a fascinating concept which would make sense from a logistical standpoint from just what we know about nanoscalular technology right now.

Brings to mind the movie "2036 Origin Unknown".

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The longer mankind exists, the more we realize how much we don't know.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Oumua chik Oumuamua 😂
Interesting share shawmanfromny

1 can only imagine what sits in the local asteroid belt...

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
My problem is with how they transmit a signal back home, thru interstellar space.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Nice post.

The idea of self-replicating alien machinery... is always fascinating.

Because they could theoretically go on, continuing to multiply, indefinitely. Thousands of years, millions, etc. The multiplying machines could completely outlive the organic creatures who made them, in the first place.

...Even more fascinating if they're built to somehow change and EVOLVE a bit, as they keep multiplying.

...It might end up evolving a form of artificial-intelligence.

And then it's only a matter of time until it evolves into Transformers lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
My problem is with how they transmit a signal back home, thru interstellar space.

hmm certainly doesn't seem impossible to me...

couldn't they just do it however they want to? Radio waves, or lasers, or whatever. If they wanted to, the robots could even create physical capsules to send home, full of encrypted information.

The REAL question is: What percentage of the robots would evolve into evil? And what percent would become good robots? If it's about 50% each, then we should be okay, lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Quantum entanglement.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Or maybe it is so easy for the Aliens to get someplace they do not need a self replicating nanobot to do the exploring or fact finding for them..

Many seem to think the small Grays are robots or artificial beings already.. Also some self replicating in the trillions would continue to replicate until eventually all you would have is an endless sea of nanobot stretching across 92 trillion light years of space in four axis make the Borg look like a child's play thing.

The trillion self replicating nanobot idea is something an earth mind would come up with as we can not seem to get anyone anyplace except low earth orbit lately much less go exploring the universe unless our telescopes are counted; and even at that they are not observing real time event only what happen hundreds, thousands, and millions of years ago....

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
There is just something that doesn't make sense to me about science like this......

"the absence of Von Neumann probes...... extraterrestrial intelligences do not exist"

the "Fermi Paradox" infers they don't exist....

Who comes up with this self-defeating Bull$?

Aliens don't exist because they don't have self-replicating probes? They don't exist because we haven't found evidence of them emitting radio waves/other frequencies that we can't detect? All of this made-up crap based upon nonsensical mutually exclusive ideas, that contradict logic, are just that: nonsense.

We're saying that they don't exist because we haven't found traces of them..... assuming they are on our level of intelligence and that we would actually be able to detect readings from them, but at the same time they ALSO don't exist because they aren't advanced enough to have self-replicating nanoprobes that we can't detect anyway? All while simultaneously stating that E.T.'s *that may or may not be AS smart as us......... *and/or may or may not be SMARTER than us........ haven't been detected in our vicinity by use of our tech that may or may not detect them....... assuming that they have the tech to travel at the speed of light (or faster) which again, they do and don't.

Also, keep in mind our own scientists' explanation of how our telescopes work, essentially peering back in time the further away we look ( if I recall, they said looking at earth from one of the closest star systems would show dinosaurs still roaming the earth).

I'll tell you what, lmao, once they can stop contradicting themselves on the topic, I *might* believe what they have to say; until then, their guess is literally just as good as anyone else's.
edit on 23-10-2019 by dothedew because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Reminds me of the Michael Crichton book "Prey". Nanobots that that run amok and kill the scientists that made them. They're interlinked so the can come together to form different shapes. It's a great story.

For replication material in orbit, there's tons of space junk. Something could mine the junk for aluminium, copper or gold. Plenty of raw materials.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Quantum entanglement.

Yes, but you would have to take the Qbits there with you. It would be a good method, thanks.

new topics

top topics

join