It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter has been hospitalized again.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Apparently he fell last night and fractured his hip.

Jimmy Carter Hospitalized After Fall at Georgia Home

Former President Jimmy Carter on Monday evening was hospitalized after a fall at his Plains, Georgia, home.
Carter, 95, is receiving treatment at Phoebe Sumter Medical Center for a minor pelvic fracture.

The former president is in “good spirits and is looking forward to recovering at home,” the Carter Center said in a statement.

I'm all for good wishes & everything, but there's no such thing as a "minor pelvic fracture." Especially when you're 95.

At this rate, I suspect the former president may have already seen his last Christmas.
edit on 22-10-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: Corrected spelling error in title

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

The guy's got access to the best medical care though. Just to be contrarian: I say he's going to live at least 2 more Christmases.
edit on 10/22/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Isn't it the general feeling that Jimmy Carter was the last honest Democrat President?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Isn't it the general feeling that Jimmy Carter was the last honest Democrat President?

I was a young child when Carter left office, but it seems to me the general consensus is that Carter was a good man, but not a very good president.
edit on 22-10-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I don't think he was honest. I think the persona that was created for him was viewed as honest by most people.
But then I am extremely cynical.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Generally physical health wanes quickly at that age after a major break such as that.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The man was cured of cancer way back in the day wasnt he? I doubt this injury takes him out. But then again a lot of old people do get infections and die from getting a break. Wouldnt be surprised if he ends up with pneumonia and dies now that I think about it. Hospitals seem to.do that to old people.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It would be nice to finally see a former President reach 100.
He is a decent man...just not a great President.
edit on 22-10-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I don't know exactly what you've in mind with "quickly", but Bush Sr. broke a bone in his neck after a fall in 2015 and lived three more years.

But with a choice of hard, slow, and incomplete recovery or straight-up death. Not a bowl of cherries.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Apparently he fell last night and fractured his hip.

Jimmy Carter Hospitalized After Fall at Georgia Home

Former President Jimmy Carter on Monday evening was hospitalized after a fall at his Plains, Georgia, home.
Carter, 95, is receiving treatment at Phoebe Sumter Medical Center for a minor pelvic fracture.

The former president is in “good spirits and is looking forward to recovering at home,” the Carter Center said in a statement.

I'm all for good wishes & everything, but there's no such thing as a "minor pelvic fracture." Especially when you're 95.

At this rate, I suspect the former president may have already seen his last Christmas.

That is not good. There is a high correlation with breaking a hip and death of the elderly.

One in three adults aged 50 and over dies within 12 months of suffering a hip fracture. Older adults have a five-to-eight times higher risk of dying within the first three months of a hip fracture compared to those without a hip fracture.

He's had a good life. Not much of a President, but always seemed like a good guy imho.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

eh more honest than most but he still started the trend of screwing over the kurds that sadly continues to this day

newrepublic.com...

U.S. geopolitical engagement with the Kurds began in earnest in the mid-1970s. The Americans and Israelis had brokered a deal with the Shah of Iran to permit the establishment of a large autonomous Kurdish enclave in Northern Iraq, which could help antagonize Saddam Hussein’s regime in Baghdad. (The Kurds had already rebelled against Iraq several times in the 1960s, conflicts that left tens of thousands dead and made refugees of hundreds of thousands more.) But, as The New Yorker’s Dexter Filkins has noted, the Shah and Hussein struck a peace deal in 1975, and the new Kurdish stronghold was ultimately left unprotected. The Iraqi army immediately sent the Kurds to ground. This tragedy, Filkins wrote, left an indelible mark: The name of Henry Kissinger—who as Gerald Ford’s secretary of state and national security advisor oversaw the U.S.’s disengagement—“is known, and reviled, by nearly every Kurd.” The Kurds’ de facto leader later wrote an unnerving lament to Ford’s successor, President Jimmy Carter: “I could have prevented this calamity which befell my people,” he said, “had I not fully believed in the promise of America.”
but Kissinger should get some of the blame

www.sfgate.com... here are the claims of some one named cinnamon of all things views on carter

Top-ranking Democrats have also disavowed Carter's work. Both Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean and Speaker-elect Nancy Pelosiissued statements on Carter's book, distancing themselves and the Democratic Party from his divisive rhetoric. Meanwhile, Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., an African American, condemned Carter's inappropriate use of the term "apartheid" in his title, labeling it "offensive." Intimations of Anti-Semitism Carter's contention in the book, and one that he recently discussed with CNN's Wolf Blitzer, is that a "minority of Israelis have refused to swap land for peace." This is laughable, considering the repeated examples of Israeli governments doing just that. Successive administrations, whether under Ehud Barak, Benjamin Netanyahu, Ariel Sharon or now Ehud Olmert (who's practically falling all over himself to give away Israeli land), have offered or given up territory, only to be met with increased aggression. Recent examples include the ongoing violence in Gaza following Israel's disengagement plan and the war in Lebanon six long years after Israel withdrew from southern Lebanon. One has to wonder if Carter's single-minded obsession with Israel as the root of the problems in the world -- not to mention the stubbornly one-sided view of the Middle East conflict to which he has a history of subscribing -- has any anti-Semitic underpinnings. Such is the suspicion among many of Carter's harshest critics. In fact, during a recent appearance by Carter on C-SPAN's "Book TV," a caller accused him of being an "anti-Semite" and a "bigot," to which Carter reacted with denial. But this was hardly the first time that intimations of anti-Semitism have tainted Carter's career. In an article titled "Jimmy Carter's Jewish Problem," Jason Maoz, senior editor at Jewish Press, reveals that "during a March 1980 meeting with his senior political advisers, Carter, discussing his fading reelection prospects and his sinking approval rating in the Jewish community, snapped, 'If I get back in, I'm going to [expletive] the Jews.'" Maoz also references the 1976 presidential campaign during which Carter, fearing that his opponent Senator Henry ("Scoop") Jackson had the Jewish vote in the Democratic primaries locked up, "instructed his staff not to issue any more statements on the Middle East. 'Jackson has all the Jews anyway … we get the Christians.'"

but if your not a fan of the Israelis i can see why some wont care

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Exactly that.

In retrospect, while he wasn't a good president, coming as he did after Watergate, an honest man was exactly what was needed.

In a lot of ways, he was both the right man, and the wrong man in the job at the time.

95 years old, no such thing as a minor medical issue of any sort--much less broken bones.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I’ll say this much about Carter. He is the only former president to have sent me a letter. Granted it was asking for donations of time or money for Habitat For Humanity, but he did sign it with looked like either a Cross or Parker ink pen. So pretty classy guy.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
He's STILL alive??? He was the president when I was born.....42 years ago! The man has had a long life, that's for sure!

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Carter fell again this month and despite receiving 14 stitches, traveled the next day to Nashville, Tennessee, to rally volunteers and help build a Habitat for Humanity home.

He's one tough old coot for sure.

Laying aside his reputation for being so pushy and arrogant he's actually been invited to not return to a church, there is a lot to be said for any politician that actually believes in what says. There is nothing phony about Carter and he's most certainly a good man. As President he stepped out of his comfort zone and failed, but he never changes his core beliefs and never flip-flopped like a dying trout on shore as so many other politicians do.

Unlike most politicians, even though I strongly disagree with him, I respect him. I hope he makes it to 110. Good man, bad idea's, but good man all the same.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Argggh, the old coot had a bad fall.... hopefully he will be fine, with some time healing up.

I am thinking it might be a "cracked pelvis"... if it was broken badly, don't they still do "body casts" for those kind of breaks?

As other have mentioned, he does have top talent doctors caring for him.

I didn't care for him at all as POTUS; but don't like hearing this kind of news about any President.

On a long enough time line, survival rates for anyone is ZERO.... making it to 95 is pretty darn "lucky" in most folks eyes.

The original Spartacus.... Kirk Douglas is like 103 or so.... and still pretty viable, not a veggie case, with a drool bucket, etc.

Jimmy "Sho' Nuf" Carter will pull through... and make it a few more years is my SWAG. (Scientific Wild A** Guess)

Pravdaseeker

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Trump supporters can complain all they want about the Democrats being "out to get" the President. But, boy, nobody went after a President harder than the Republicans did against Jimmy Carter, except maybe a few years later when after they warmed up on Carter then went after Clinton.

So this game has been going on for a long, long time. If you can't beat them on the issues, undermine their ability to do their jobs. But that's politics, I guess. Which is why I mostly just stay the hell out of it.

Viable third party, where art thou?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

What part of nice enough guy, horrible president did you miss? Sometimes, it seems like Democrats will only be happy if we love every last thing about a left leaning president, including every last policy.

How about this? I've said over and over that I don't like Trump even though I agree with much of what he's done and that won't stop me from voting for him again.

It's not about liking or not liking a person. It's about what their policy proposals are.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Carter is proof that it takes more than being a "nice guy" to be president. I remember his presidency but I was a teenager then and a non-citizen. In retrospect, I think he kind became non-effective after the Iran hostage crisis. That became his legacy. He was preoccupied by that and cost him the reelection.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Hope he is OK . I Wonder if he is Lusting in his Heart for Any of his Nurses ? .....Hmm....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join