It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harassment or Staged? Anyway, I Now Know Who Maggie Rogers Is.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I just find this story off. It seems staged to me. People pay to see a singer, then sexually harass her on stage? Then the news stories conflict on what was actually said?

Singer Maggie Rogers speaks out after she was sexually harassed onstage

thehill.com...

Rogers wrote. “Last night, in the middle of this speech a man yelled ‘take your top off.’ Another joined in and yelled ‘you cute though.’

Vs

Singer stands up to heckler who told her to take shirt off

www.msn.com...

After being heckled on stage and told to "free the n!ps" at a concert in Texas, singer Maggie Rogers voiced her anger about the harassment.

Was this really sexual harassment? Was this staged?

The singer is receiving free publicity either way?

And then the same thing happened to a country singer?

How country singer Meghan Patrick turned harassment into an empowering moment

www.tennessean.com...

The Nashville-based country singer had gone back to her home province of Ontario, Canada, to headline a festival in the small town of Hagersville. She was between songs when a voice in the audience yelled, "Show me your (Br@@sts)!"

Does this happen often to female singers?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

What are you really suggesting here? Don't be shy. Spit it out.

Are you outright calling these women liars?

Are you really accusing them of staging sexual harassment for publicity?

And, presuming that you aren't accusing them of staging it, are you suggesting that it's okay for men to be rapey creepers because the singers got publicity?

Let's presume that neither singer is lying about it, and neither singer "staged" their abuse... let's presume that these are just creepy men being creepers, what do you have to say about them and their toxic masculinity? Would you be okay with men saying such things to your wife? Mother? Daughter?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
Was this staged?

I'm not saying it was staged but I have two brand new $50 Visa gift cards in my possession.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Was this staged?

I'm not saying it was staged but I have two brand new $50 Visa gift cards in my possession.

It's the only way to pay those random Microsoft employees who are trying to help you, afterall.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I have never heard of either of these singers so yeah, there's a possibility of staging for the free publicity. That being said there is also a good chance the harassment DID happen- you mix rednecks, beer and shots of Jagermeister and eventually somebody is going to want to see boobs!

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I am open to all possibilities. People like Jussie Smollett do not help the cause. And like I said, the incident resulted in much free publicity.

It’s just odd I never really read articles about paying audiences sexually harassing the star on stage. Now there are two back to back stories? With the Maggie Rogers stories with different versions on what was said. While the county singer story is mostly ignored?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I have never heard of either of these singers so yeah, there's a possibility of staging for the free publicity. That being said there is also a good chance the harassment DID happen- you mix rednecks, beer and shots of Jagermeister and eventually somebody is going to want to see boobs!

So men like Harvey Weinstein are a better class of sexual harassers because they are not rednecks? Or you saying all rednecks commit sexual harassment? A redneck that would end up at a Maggie Rogers concert would be inclined to harass?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

How obtuse can you be? Who the hell said anything about Harvey?

I'm saying I have been around rednecks my whole life and when a lot of them get drunk they say and do dumb, misogynist crap that they usually regret the next day. We go to a lot of concerts and there are almost always a lot of drunk people there acting like asshats. Does that spell it out good enough for you, or are you a special kind of ignorant?

Edit to add: One of the concerts was in Texas so yes, drunk rednecks at concert. Lived most of my life in Texas.

edit on 22-10-2019 by GeauxHomeYoureDrunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

So? Rednecks are the only problem, and likely to end up at a Maggie Rogers concert?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Was this staged?

I raise you an Amazon gift card for wasn't staged but grossly exaggerated something shouted once possibly in tongue and cheek in reference to her speech content

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

No deal. I worked hard yelling about boobs for those two cards.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

I am open to all possibilities. People like Jussie Smollett do not help the cause. And like I said, the incident resulted in much free publicity.

I think the most likely possibility is that it happened just as reported -- unless and until there is reason to think otherwise. No one was named (much less arrested), so we're not talking about whether or not a specific person did this or not, nor is this an innocent-until-proven-guilty type of thing. The "free publicity" may or may not increase the singer's popularity, but that doesn't mean that this type of publicity is appreciated or wanted.

It’s just odd I never really read articles about paying audiences sexually harassing the star on stage.

I haven't seen such articles either... but is that because it never happens or because it's never reported? I'm more inclined to think it does happen, but usually isn't audible to the performer, and usually isn't reported. In this case, it was (apparently) audible to the performer, and it was the performer who reported it via her own social media.

Now there are two back to back stories? With the Maggie Rogers stories with different versions on what was said.

I see what you're saying, but here's the thing: MSN seems to add their own "quotes" to the story, specifically the "free the nips" comment. Remember, the media isn't reporting on the hecklers and their heckling, they are reporting on Ms. Rogers' posts about the heckling. Where did they get the "free the nips" quite from? This comment isn't audible in the video provided, Ms. Rogers doesn't cite such a reference in her social media posts, there doesn't seem to be any source for that comment. But that's not on Rogers, that's on MSN. It is their responsibility to cite their sources... or to not make crap up.

While the county singer story is mostly ignored?

There were several media reports about Meghan Patrick as well. But the fact that it has not received widespread media attention would indicate that this does happen, and that the media fails to report on it. Perhaps because it is rather common? So media considers it non-news? Or (more likely) it goes unnoticed except by those in the immediate proximity? We don't know. All we know is that in these cases, the media did not report on the hecklers so much as they reported on the performer's calling out the hecklers.

To that extent, the performers could be considered to be creating their own publicity -- that is the end result, whether or not that is their intention. But there's nothing to indicate it was staged for that purpose.

And the sad truth is that there are creepy creepers who do harass women, so that part is quite believable.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I used to be a Texas musician and played all over the SW. Female singers are constantly barraged with sexual comments by drunks.

Drunk women are constantly hitting on the males in the band as well. Any touring musician playing bars and beer joints will tell you it just goes with the territory.

edit on 22-10-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
She's a young singer. What she is describing is very common. I have heard people yell out to female pop singers take it off to have my baby. The have my baby comment was to Mandy Moore. Mandy was kinda shocked but started laughing. So did the guy.

End of the day, they put themselves out there in skimpy revealing clothing, thick eye liner, singing about sex, relationships. It comes with the territory. Don't like it then don't perform. Just ignore it and call security if it's a problem.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Is this the same Maggie Rogers as the singer?

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Call me crazy shouldn’t you have some power over the person. To sexually harass them???

If she is alone in a dark ally with a more powerful person cat calling, that would count.. as lite sexual harassment atleast. Assuming the guy had no intentions to take it father than cat calling..

I think it is a bad idea to grey the boundary

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I just find this story off. It seems staged to me. People pay to see a singer, then sexually harass her on stage? Then the news stories conflict on what was actually said?

thehill.com...

Rogers wrote. “Last night, in the middle of this speech a man yelled ‘take your top off.’ Another joined in and yelled ‘you cute though.’

Vs

www.msn.com...

After being heckled on stage and told to "free the n!ps" at a concert in Texas, singer Maggie Rogers voiced her anger about the harassment.

www.tennessean.com...

The Nashville-based country singer had gone back to her home province of Ontario, Canada, to headline a festival in the small town of Hagersville. She was between songs when a voice in the audience yelled, "Show me your (Br@@sts)!"

I do not see staged either.. just silly and overblown

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

thehill.com...

Vs

www.msn.com...

www.tennessean.com...

I do not see staged either.. just silly and overblown

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Ding ding

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Cool

<<   2 >>

join