It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Ryobi Brush Cutter and Ryobi Expand-It Pole Saw attachment compatible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Hi all,
Got myself a Ryobi 52cc Easy Start Brush Cutter from Bunning's Warehouse NZ and I'm looking at buying a Ryobi Expand-It Pole Saw attachment but I'm not sure if they're compatible because the website listing states it can be used with variety of split-shaft spline drive power heads but doesn't list the compatible models.

Theoretically they're compatible because they both have split-shaft spline drives but if anyone here is knowledgeable in this field I would appreciate any advice/information.

Link to Ryobi Brush Cutter:www.bunnings.co.nz...

Link to Pole Saw Attachment:www.bunnings.co.nz...

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Conspiracyskeptic

Good luck. I bought their products before and never again. I had a weed eater and a chainsaw. Both died swiftly and I did proper maintenance and did not abuse them.

My Husqvarna stuff though is strong. Either that or Stihl. I won't buy anything else. I will say, depends on the job. I have a large yard with lots of trees so I need the most durable consumer products and probably could even go commercial and probably will next time.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Ask Bunnings!

If they get it wrong you take it back for a full refund. Keep your receipt.

P

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Yet my Ryobi 18v chainsaw
surprisingly does work well.

For handyman usage, Ryobi is one of the best brands.

Everything uses the same batteries and batteries are expensive. Stick to one brand for around the home.

P

edit on 20/10/2019 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I could not even consider using batteries. Yard is to large. It would take me about 5 batteries to trim hedges. For smaller applications though batteries are the way to go.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I bought a poulan pro pole saw this summer, beats using the hand trimmer. Mine is only 28cc. It works pretty good for a hundred ninety dollar saw.

I am not sure if the things are interchangeable. My poulan pro weedeater mounts up to the pole saw attachment and they are both from the same manufacturer. The old weedeater must be ten years old too, but the hookup is the same.

I do not know if Ryobies work that way
edit on 20-10-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Yet my Ryobi 18v chainsaw
surprisingly does work well.

For handyman usage, Ryobi is one of the best brands.

Everything uses the same batteries and batteries are expensive. Stick to one brand for around the home.

P

I bought a Ryobi belt sander from bunnings when I first started renovating here. Thing blew up after a lot of work, took it and the receipt in, got a new one mit updated receipt. Sure enough after months of work the replacement seized. Took it in with receipts, got a free upgraded model.

The latest one is past warranty now but still going strong. Can throw the receipt out now.

Cheers,

Bally

edit on 20-10-2019 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I've seen too many Ryobi tools die and know too many tradesmen who snort and call them junk to trust the brand.
Personally I have a pole saw and a weed whacker but would never consider a combination tool as you suggest because it's just too likely it won't work out in the long run.

Husquvarna and Stihl are workhorses but expensive up front.

Because Gas powered yard tools destroy the nerves in my arm, I've been using Homelite of all things in the electric versions with great success. (GO freakin figure!!!!) Altho the 300 ft of commercial power cords is a PITA. I do have a Stihl gas chainsaw as backup and a Husquevarna leaf blower that can't be beat.

The electric pole saw and whacker are lighter so it's a trade off in that I know I'm going to beat them to death and replace as needed. It's just a fact of life around here. The fun part was the electric pole saw is my families favorite tool to "borrow" ( 90 bucks on sale still going 5 yrs later) it's so foolproof my 80 yr old Mom was out there tree trimming having a blast!! She also took a crack at the electric chainsaw an we had to finally wrestle it off her.
And by taking a crack at it I mean she fought my daughter for it an being "Grandma" got her way.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Hey this my thread yeah - I was looking at anOzito pole with saw attachment lastmonth in store in Perth.
The Bunnings assistant said Ozito have lifted their game and give decent warranties,

5 year warranty for an item under $200. Sounds like I'll get my moneys worth

ozito.com.au...

Please note warranty registration is not required to receive 5 Year Replacement Warranty on Power X Change products.

SAFETY WARNING: Ozito Power X Change 18V Power Tool and Garden products are only covered for use by Ozito Power X Change branded batteries and chargers. Use of other brand batteries or power adaptors in conjunction with our tools could potentially cause a failure with both the tool and the battery, and will void the warranty. Ozito will not be liable to any damage caused by misuse of tools and batteries.

www.productreview.com.au...
Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820

The saw has only been used for several minutes and it leaking the bar and chain oil down the pole. Very annoying. Back to Bunnings. We are in the country with our closest store an hour away.
Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I am shocked at the price of tools in NZ they are expensive compared to the UK , I purchased a new 5-1 52cc machine early this year from Ebay for about 230 $ nz

I was not bothered about buy cheap buy twice so i went for the cheapest Chinese version , i have a small lot/garden and just needed the hedge trimmer attachment to work and cut to grass the tree pruner attachment like the Ryobi was next to useless and threw the chain every 10 minutes and leaked oil . but i am not going to be on the planet long so i went the cheap route rather than what i would normally go for brand name .

If you take these things apart or most power tools you will see a common design to most things and one maker will have many names under there brand Black and decker is Dewalt and a lot of battery's have the same ends and terminals , Ryobi tools is Erbauer
Wolworths chargers old style will charge up my Makita batterys

Avoid the Ryobi as it is a brand name made in China and the same parts will fit on the cheaper Chinese models

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I have a ryobi hammer drill, maybe not as good as my dewalt, but it's about half the weight and has been very nice tool the last couple years. It is the only ryobi tool I have owned and well worth the price.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I've got the full boat of Ryobi power tools - gas and electric.

I haven't found anything they make that doesn't "fit" with their other products.
Obviously you can't mix gas & electric components, but new battery & charger fixes most 18v.
Gas tools have seen far more abuse and do require replacement. I'm on my third power head for trimmer, pole saw, brush cutter after 15 years on 6 acres. Even my John Deere tractor is wearing out.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I've got a husqvarna weed wacker, which replaced my craftsman one. Both had the swappable heads. I liked my craftsman weedwacker head more than the husqvarna bump string head, so I tried putting the craftsman one on it and it worked!
Been using the husqvarna trimmer with the weedwacker attachment from craftsman lol.

I hate the bump reel design, I'd rather string it myself!
I prefer husqvarna products, but they are expensive....spend the money, dont have to worry 5 years down the road.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: neomaximus10
I've got a husqvarna weed wacker, which replaced my craftsman one. Both had the swappable heads. I liked my craftsman weedwacker head more than the husqvarna bump string head, so I tried putting the craftsman one on it and it worked!
Been using the husqvarna trimmer with the weedwacker attachment from craftsman lol.

I hate the bump reel design, I'd rather string it myself!
I prefer husqvarna products, but they are expensive....spend the money, dont have to worry 5 years down the road.

I noticed the Craftsman range lately in my search of Ebay www.abovetopsecret.com...
it is a branch of Black and decker , just a different badge in the Versapak range of tools and called Quatro in the UK .

Same mechanical s and shape and battery , i got the whole range

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I went to Bunnings Warehouse and talked to the guy and he said the Ryobi Pole Saw and the Ryobi 52cc Brush Cutter are NOT compatible because of a different clamping system. So I purchased a Ryobi 25.4cc Easy Start Blower Vac and thinking about it I'll get more continuous use out of a blower vac.

Anyway the Blower Vac is a beast of a machine when configured in it's Vacuum mode it makes short work of pine needles,leaves and even weeds removed from the gardens and mulches them up and the 40 liter vacuum bag has a nice easy to use zipper to empty it and replacement bags are readily available.

It's Blower mode ain't no slouch either with an air velocity of 342KM/H it blows away any remaining debris easily and on top of everything else it's a a remarkable 4.3 kilograms in weight.
edit on 26-10-2019 by Conspiracyskeptic because: Adding to post

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

top topics

join