It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Boeing use Recycled Aircraft Parts on New Planes??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I think what you see in those photographs is tale components etc , Marked up for painting and masked up on the Bench rather than try to do it of a cherry -picker , from looking at photos of parked up planes of those class it looks like flags liveries , commercial aircraft was never my field but i can understand the process all too well .

The super guns Saddam was building
were Piles used in off shore oil rig construction that are driven into the sea floor and need marking at half and meter intervals , try doing that at 3 am with a hurricane blowing .

But to me it looks like a time saving issue pre -paint

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Cannibalization and recycling is widely used on warbirds and military aircraft.As long as the proper checks and tests are done on parts its not an issue.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Once the aircraft is delivered and paid for, all parts and pieces belong to the airline. That means any canned parts go into the airline supply chain. That means they will go on aircraft owned by the airline, not onto new build aircraft.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Thank you, Zaphod, for your insightful answers to my original question.

They make sense, and I believe they are true.

I don't know the intricacies of balancing a rudder, and I still don't understand why the graphics would be important, but from some other pictures I looked at it appears what you state is correct...pretty much as usual.

So, thank you.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

In the grand scheme of things, the graphics are just the airline wanting their logo to look good. The only really important part is the rudder. The rest is just marketing

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join