It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Man Calls to be Released from Coffin at Funeral

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This is the kind of paranormal I like. Irish people are really crazy. How well they took this joke, just WTF.

"My grandad wanted everyone leaving his funeral with a smile on his face and that’s exactly what he got, I’m so proud "

heavy.com...
twitter.com... %2Fheavy.com%2Fnews%2F2019%2F10%2Fshay-bradley%2F

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I thought this was truly hilarious. A funeral no attendee will ever forget.

Kudos to the dead guy......

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I fell for it. Good joke and normally laughing hearty is not acceptable at funerals but I can not think of a better exception.

Must have been a humorous person, a trait that makes people likable!

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

That was awesome... He must have been a top bloke in in life, to have planned that out.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Dedication to a joke, it's a real driving force if you're "cursed" with it.

I've often times thought I've gone too far, this guy goes all the way.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The fact that his family is laughing about it says a lot about the impact that guy left on them. He must have been a prankster in life and they appreciated that about him.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

There are plenty of options to jazz things up a little.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I remember the funeral of one friend who died when I was a kid. Those days funerals used to last 24 hours and the local custom was to have foods and drinks, like a party but without music. My friend's funeral also had a guy telling jokes for hours.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ah! Now that's a way to go. Funerals are so all sad and mushy anyways.

Though if he hired the Darth Vader dance crew to come in all storm trooper like and do a dance jig on his grave. And then at the end have a clown come in and silently shed a tear over the coffin.

And then proceed to make and give people animals balloons.

But not everybody gets an animal balloon, only those who are not posers. Wonder how much all that would cost. But then again, for the price of what burials cost, all that should come standard.

edit on 12amSundayam202019f0amSun, 20 Oct 2019 00:49:34 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Same thing when I was a kid. Though it was in the old country, but there was a whole trek, and a guy in the front of the line screaming like the town crier for some reason. Then the burial. Then, everybody went to eat stuff not far away, and some got drunk, and some got wasted. And a few hours latter, everybody forgot why they were there.

Now a days, funerals are all just sad and gloom. But hiring a comedian would spice things up for sure.

Unless the jokes suck that is! Which would be comedy on its own, subjecting people to crappy jokes for hours.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
Now a days, funerals are all just sad and gloom. But hiring a comedian would spice things up for sure.

Yeah. In the past 15 years, i have been in about 10 funerals and zero weddings... seriously thought about burning my suit away and step away from the whole funeral scene for good. The overall feeling there, the church organ music, i always cry. Even if i wasn't very close with the dead person. Then i try to hide that i cry and do a bad job at it. Then i start wishing that i was at home by myself.

In Asia, at least some parts of it, isn't funerals usually more like a "party"? I like that mentality more.

Editing: Of course, not party because "Yeah! he/she is finally gone!" But more like one last time of having some good time, drinks, great food, a band playing. Then let that person go and just hold on to memories.
edit on 20-10-2019 by Finspiracy because: cleared some things out

top topics

join