It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Campaign To Sue CNN For “Substantial Payment” After Project Veritas Undercover Exposé

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   
This has been needed for a long time IMO as what most know to be fake news or just out right lies are put out to the masses on a daily basis by CNN and others. I do not really care if all CNN is left with is a defunct parking spot with their name on it in N.Y. and Atlanta..

Listing several examples from the just-released Project Veritas videotapes of CNN insiders describing Zucker’s demand for “impeachment above all else,” Harder wrote that they “are merely the tip of the iceberg of the evidence my clients have accumulated over recent years.”

He added, “Never in the history of this country has a President been the subject of such a sustained barrage of unfair, unfounded, unethical and unlawful attacks by so-called ‘mainstream’ news, as the current situation.” –Washington Examiner

www.activistpost.com...

While media is typically protected by the First Amendment, Harder said the bias he cited at CNN was a violation of the Lanham Act “by constituting misrepresentations to the public, to your advertisers, and to others” to distribute “truly fair and balanced” news.

“Accordingly, my clients intend to file legal action against you, to seek compensatory damages, treble damages, punitive damages, injunctive relief, reimbursement of legal costs, and all other available legal and equitable remedies, to the maximum extent permitted by law,” said the letter.

What’s more, he suggested that even if the campaign and CNN come to an agreement, he would seek money as part of that deal.

“Please contact the undersigned to discuss an appropriate resolution of this matter, which would include a substantial payment of damages, as well as all other appropriate measures that are necessary to fully address the magnitude of the situation,” wrote Harder in the letter sent by overnight mail and email on Wednesday.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Im guessing guilliani isnt the spearhead? He is over worked.

I couldnt read who the undersigned were. I can only guess.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It's about time! Other news stations should be sued as well for their fake news. It's been like a giant hate fest.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

It's about time! Other news stations should be sued as well for their fake news. It's been like a giant hate fest.

Yeah, agree with you there Night Star. Seems even in this part of the world our news coverage rides on the coat tails of the American broadcasts. Really nothing positive to say about Trump on the news.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   

CNN spokesman Matt Dornic said, "This is nothing more than a desperate PR stunt and doesn't merit a response."

I agree with that sentiment , don't feed the Troll.

“Never in the history of this country has a President been the subject of such a sustained barrage of unfair, unfounded, unethical and unlawful attacks by so-called 'mainstream' news, as the current situation.”

Never in the history of your country have people been subjected to sustained barrages of attacks by the so called President of the United States.

Just 12 months left Donald , make hay while the Sun shines.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Excellent. Let's see what can be proven in court.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I respec tfully disagree.
This will just look pathetic to a lot of potential voters. And it sets a precedent when a future democrat finally gets in office. I mean i would have been the same if Obama sued everyone over thd stupid birther movement.
Also a lawsuit makes CNN look legit. The free market is letting them know what the deal is via viewer ratings....a lawsuit will bring in more pub. Just let em die.

One thing i despize about Trump is his penchant for suing everyone.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I can't believe people are cheering this on.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

I have always believed that Freedom of Speech is reserved for the Truth.

That is why you can sue people who defame you.

What is happening with most of the MSM is actually treasonous and should be dealt with on that basis.

He should also go after the individual talking heads at the same time.

P

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   
CNN is being mean. I don't want to hear it. This is the same kind of crap that I've heard about Fox "news". I remember them pulling a lot of stuff with Obama.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Zucker is about to Pucker.
Second line.
S&F

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Triggered!!

Second line.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Lol ...

You should actually look up some of the previous presidents and how the media/newspapers treated them...

What has trump proven in court lol?!?!

Nothing..

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

From what I've read Trump has a history of threatening legal action as a bully boy tactic but seldom follows it up , the blowhard in chief is likely to do the same here , it's just more seed for his followers to peck at.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I thought I saw this posted yesterday.

Why doesn't Trump simply use his EO power to reinstate the laws Obama removed that kept the CIA/FBI/etc from blatantly controlling the US media corporations for their own purposes?

Then it would be rather simple to come out and say it: your government has been lying to you. All of your media is state sponsored and they're controlling the narrative to ensure you can't think for yourselves. You're paying them to do this to you, and your last president did everything in his power to help them.

As Kent Brockman once said:
Just a reminder: this station does not endorse vigilante justice. Unless it gets results. Which it will!

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

Lol ...

You should actually look up some of the previous presidents and how the media/newspapers treated them...

Nothing..

I know, the entire MSM save for FOX, couldn't get their lips on Obama's ass cheeks fast enough.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Lol ...

Nothing..

I know, the entire MSM save for FOX, couldn't get their lips on Obama's ass cheeks fast enough.

How true they loved the love affair they had with him. Questions like what do you think about moshells new dress or how are the kids and who you having to the WH this weekend party hardy. The press is pissed-off that the party is over and they are no longer the darlings they think they are.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I usd to watch Robin meade in HLN for years, she started on 911, no kidding.

then in like 2012 they had some headlines about San Angelo, where I lived in Texas.

and I knew what HLN was saing was not the turth becuase I lived in San angelo..

I have not watched HLN or CNN since then. they blatantly lied. so I left.

then the 2016 election came along and I started watching FOXNEWS

the one thing that upsets me the most about the whole 2016 election is

I stated watching Hannity, and he started making sense.

I will never forgive the Democrats and the DNC for that.....

Ever!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

originally posted by: network dude

Lol ...

Nothing..

How true they loved the love affair they had with him. Questions like what do you think about moshells new dress or how are the kids and who you having to the WH this weekend party hardy. The press is pissed-off that the party is over and they are no longer the darlings they think they are.

# mee too

Umm, like, we were living in this obama eight year paradise of, you go,
cast your vote, the person you vote for wins, everyone’s happy!

Like, this is why there’s so much division, it’s all so simple. Paradise has been destroyed
because this time people voted for the wrong person. It completely blindsided us,
mee included!

# 1054

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

I have always believed that Freedom of Speech is reserved for the Truth.

That is why you can sue people who defame you.

What is happening with most of the MSM is actually treasonous and should be dealt with on that basis.

He should also go after the individual talking heads at the same time.

P

... in civil court ... right?

Because you know that whole Constitution thing and all...

edit on 19-10-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join