It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insurance, when looked at for what it is, is everything a conservative hates.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Insurance company for whatever. Funded by the masses who pay, in a few major cases by state and federal mandate, for the possibility of an event that will never happen.

Car insurance.
Health Insurance.
Vacation Insurance.
Life Insurance.

Publicly subsidized. Masses front costs that they will never benefit from. Few prosper. All suffer the burden of.

Why is insurance legal? None the less mandatory?
some conservatives see it as a sensible precaution. You buy it because you are taking personal responsibility, and it's more cost effective to pay up front than in arrears.

Think of it like buying a hand gun for personal protection, rather than waiting for some creep to terrorize your family and using them aftewards.

Liberal just depend on the state to fix everything after the fact.

Here to be prepared in advance, that way you choose how much to pay and when at your leisure. If you leave it too late you have less choice.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Everyone is mandated to have car insurance because.. If you are broke and wreck someone else's day with your vehicle... How are they, who aren't at fault, going to fix their vehicle and/or pay their medical expenses?

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: DaisyRainbow

My health insurance covers me abroad. Vacation insurance I read to be insurance in case you cancel the vacation.
Got ya 👍
I'm covered for healthcare anywhere in the EU when travelling outside UK, but outside EU I will always buy travel/health insurance, glad I did when I was hospitalised, that one 13 grand hospital admission and treatment in Bangkok cost more to the insurer than I have, or ever will pay for future travel insurance 😁

<< 1  2   >>

join